Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southend tickets to go on restricted sale

Comments

• Options

se9addick said:

With 1,500 tickets pretty sure anyone who wants one will get one.

not with all the boycotters saying that they're doing all the aways now......
    Werent they last season?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

I imagine these will probably just make general sale.

not so sure on that, will prove a very popular day out I reckon
    There were barely over 1,200 there last season, and a big chunk of that were walk ups on the day.
    We did play them boxing day tho.

Think alot more will go cos its summer, spend a few hours at the beach before football
  • Options
    redman said:

can some-one remind me what 230 loyalty points means please.

You need another 20 points to reach 250 loyalty points
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

the new points system isn't really fair - although as stated why should they help out fans that are not putting anything into the club, for the last 4 season i have done more aways than homes.

as you could still have the situation a fan does 20 away games and then misses out on a playoff semi final ticket due to a st holder and his pal fancy going.

i dont know how they will rollover from season to season etc

No. The new system is really fair, the old system wasn’t. We had to start somewhere.
    It doesn’t seem to be any different from the old one, if there is no priority for people with low numbers of points over general sale?
    But as we move forward it allows for a second tier to be introduced which will acknowledge those who have chosen not to get a season ticket for what ever reason, but are proven supporters who go to games home and/or away.

Surely that is better and fairer than been totally ignored, which has been the case for years.

How about we give it a modicum of time before we dish it?
    From recollection it’s been common practice to have a priority based around past away support; it may well be better if that’s how it is going to be used, but it hasn’t been yet. Hence the question.
  • Options

the new points system isn't really fair - although as stated why should they help out fans that are not putting anything into the club, for the last 4 season i have done more aways than homes.

as you could still have the situation a fan does 20 away games and then misses out on a playoff semi final ticket due to a st holder and his pal fancy going.

Do you moan at everything?
    Most things and now your moaning about my moaning
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

No. The new system is really fair, the old system wasn’t. We had to start somewhere.
    It doesn’t seem to be any different from the old one, if there is no priority for people with low numbers of points over general sale?
    But as we move forward it allows for a second tier to be introduced which will acknowledge those who have chosen not to get a season ticket for what ever reason, but are proven supporters who go to games home and/or away.

Surely that is better and fairer than been totally ignored, which has been the case for years.

From recollection it’s been common practice to have a priority based around past away support; it may well be better if that’s how it is going to be used, but it hasn’t been yet. Hence the question.
    The big question is whether they will roll forward 2018/19 points when considering priority for away games next August say
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

The big question is whether they will roll forward 2018/19 points when considering priority for away games next August say
    Is that when we're in the Championship and demand for away tickets goes through the roof?
  • Options
    The only difference in previous seasons is it has usually been
    Vg st holder’s

Vg and st holder’s

Members that have attended 4 + away games

General sale

Now it is very much
    Vg st holder’s

St holders

General sale

I think a break between 230 points and general sale needs to be put in place but obvs we are only 2 games in.

Going forward I don’t know how the points will rollover.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

Is that when we're in the Championship and demand for away tickets goes through the roof?
    Even if we're in L2, at least they'll have a system to allocate away tickets in order, so that someone who went to say 10 away games in 2018/19 will have higher priority for our opening day's fixture at Gateshead...
  • Options

The only difference in previous seasons is it has usually been
    Vg st holder’s

Vg and st holder’s

Members that have attended 4 + away games

General sale

Now it is very much
    Vg st holder’s

St holders

General sale

I think a break between 230 points and general sale needs to be put in place but obvs we are only 2 games in.

Going forward I don’t know how the points will rollover.

I believe that is whats going to happen, but as you say we are only 2 games in ATM so they cant put that 3rd 1 in place just yet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let's face it, there's probably 4-5 away games max where there will even be an issue over potentially selling out. Wimbledon, maybe Luton and Wycombe and then the last 2 aways at Oxford and Gillingham if we're still chasing promotion
  • Options

Let's face it, there's probably 4-5 away games max where there will even be an issue over potentially selling out. Wimbledon, maybe Luton and Wycombe and then the last 2 aways at Oxford and Gillingham if we're still chasing promotion

and of course an away playoff game, tbh charlton do not really do away games as i cannot remember the last one that was completely sold out bar shrewsbury.
  • Options
    Bought my 2 this morning. Have to say how easy the new system is for linking the 2nd ticket to another account for points.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Bought my 2 this morning. Have to say how easy the new system is for linking the 2nd ticket to another account for points.

Yep. Bought our 3, enter your friend/family members fan number/con number and their surname and it allocates their ticket to them, with the 10 points. £1.50 fee for the online transaction and free postage. So costs 50p each.Simple as.
  • Options
    I feel like I’ve been to Southend about a hundred times now.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I feel like I’ve been to Southend about a hundred times now.

Shouldn't this comment be on the 'Sobering Thought' thread?
  • Options
    Just ordered my 2.

Love the fact the site tells you how many tickets are left.

FYI 1,090 left
  • Options

Just ordered my 2.

FYI 1,090 left

That's very useful to know regards how many tickets are remaining.

As I am not on the database could you please come back with how many tickets we have sold for tomorrow?
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Just ordered my 2.

FYI 1,090 left

As I am not on the database could you please come back with how many tickets we have sold for tomorrow?
  • Options

Just ordered my 2.

FYI 1,090 left

I am being deadly serious, I always like to know how many fans go to away games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1,076 still on sale
  • Options
    With tickets now on General Sale I thought I would take another look

996 seats remaining
  • Options
    They don’t go on GS until 9am.
  • Options
    Just bought mine on general sale. 880 left. So there was no need to worry whatsoever.
  • Options
    4 bought
  • Options
    did anyone else have a problem with the tickets being able to be posted rather than collected ??

I ordered 2 yesterday & the only option was collection from The Valley. Might have had something to do with buying a ticket for tonights game at the same time. I wanted the home ticket to be "print at home" but that never happened. Hoping I can collect all 3 tonight.

ticketing system not fit for purpose imo.
  • Options
    Ordered 2 this morning, thought the ticketing system was perfectly fine (assuming they turn up in the post). Found it easy to log on an add my son's account to mine so the ticket is assigned to him.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Ordered 2 tickets this morning! System worked perfect.
    Next challenge will be getting 4 tickets for Luton away.

Many miles ....
    Greetings from Switzerland
  • Options
    When I ordered mine Ii done collection from The Valley.

Do I get these from North Stand Ticket office or main Ticket office
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Looking forward to getting Roots Hall crossed off my list