Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MK Franchise v Charlton Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:

I'm all for blooding youngsters, but getting thumped isn't going to help their development.

Probably means RD will not be able to sell them this season
  • Options
    77: Robbie Muirhead replaces Callum Brittain!

3-0 #MKDvCHA
  • Options
    Wonder if the away fans will get a refund?
  • Options
    At least it will be finished after 90 minutes and the players can get home early
  • Options
    79: Good chance for a fourth for #MKDons, but Asonganyi sees his shot deflected behind for a corner.

3-0 #MKDvCHA
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Rob7Lee said:

I'm all for blooding youngsters, but getting thumped isn't going to help their development.

Agreed but Bowyer had no choice imo and I know it's stating the obvious but there's only one person thing to blame for this. Just sell the effing club!
  • Options
    80: Charlton clear.

3-0 #MKDvCHA
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Wonder if the away fans will get a refund?

For losing 3-0
  • Options
    Posted at
    80'
    Foul by Jamie Mascoll (Charlton Athletic).

Posted at
    80'
    Ousseynou Cissé (MK Dons) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

70: Kasumu lofts a wonderful pass into the bath of Brittain who fires across goal towards Asonganyi. The cross looks to have taken a touch off Phillips before finding the back of the net.

3-0 #MKDvCHA

I knew they could throw the kitchen sink at us, but the bath too!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018
    81: Jackson with a stunning block to deny Maloney.

3-0 #MKDvCHA

No please, no obvious comments
  • Options

A tight 1-0 defeat would have been better so as to avoid knocking the confidence of any youngsters we might need to rely on i the first team but, with our thread bare squad, the less pointless games we have to play this season the better so an early exit from this competition and hopefully the chekatrade are, sadly, what we need right now. A sorry state of affairs hoping Charlton lose a game, but that's where I'm at right now. Only the league matters a jot this season.

Can't really agree with you there, Exiled.

These "pointless" games allow the youngsters to gain experience, in whatever shape or form.
    No Cup games, no run out for the youngsters in a 1st team environment.

How else can they get experience?

• Options
    84: Muirhead looking lively as he combines well with Cisse before shooting from just outside the box, Phillips is there to claim.

3-0 #MKDvCHA
  • Options
    85: Muirhead does so well to hold up the play before finding Asonganyi. He dummies his first strike before the ball is cleared at this feet.

3-0 #MKDvCHA
  • Options
    ross1 said:

84: Muirhead looking lively as he combines well with Cisse before shooting from just outside the box, Phillips is there to claim.

Good ol' Dillon.

He must be our oldest player now on the pitch - at 23.

• Options
    85' Blumberg gets in a good block on a Asonganyi strike.

#mkdons 3 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

A tight 1-0 defeat would have been better so as to avoid knocking the confidence of any youngsters we might need to rely on i the first team but, with our thread bare squad, the less pointless games we have to play this season the better so an early exit from this competition and hopefully the chekatrade are, sadly, what we need right now. A sorry state of affairs hoping Charlton lose a game, but that's where I'm at right now. Only the league matters a jot this season.

These "pointless" games allow the youngsters to gain experience, in whatever shape or form.

Under normal circumstances I'd agree with you, but this season is not normal circumstances. 50% of our current match day squad in the league are currently youngsters - that's where the ones that are even remotely ready will be getting experience this season - in the league.
  • Options
    To back up @paulie8290 talksport said along lines of ‘Lee Bowyer is not coaching the team tonight, it is Jackson and Euell filling in on the touch line.’
  • Options
    Posted at
    86'
    Nicky Ajose (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

Posted at
    86'
    Foul by Joe Walsh (MK Dons).
  • Options
    Looks like a lot of games going to penalties tonight except ours of course.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

ross1 said:

Good ol' Dillon.

Also the longest serving or would that be Ajose seeing both made their debuts in 2016
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Under normal circumstances I'd agree with you, but this season is not normal circumstances. 50% of our current match day squad in the league are currently youngsters - that's where the ones that are even remotely ready will be getting experience this season - in the league.
    But it's not normal circumstances ..... we've the smallest squad any of us can remember, and 7 senior players out injured.

• Options
    Tonight’s Match Sponsor’s Man of the Match, as chosen by @DWFFMK, is Dylan Asonganyi.

3-0 #MKDvCHA

Not a Charlton player, fixed :smiley:
  • Options
    Posted at
    89'
    Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by George Williams.

Posted at
    87'
    Delay in match Dylan Asonganyi (MK Dons) because of an injury.
  • Options
    Posted at
    90'
    Robbie Muirhead (MK Dons) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

Posted at
    90'
    Foul by Ryan Blumberg (Charlton Athletic).
  • Options
    89: Cisse comes off with cramp and is applauded off by the #MKDons faithful.

3-0 #MKDvCHA
  • Options
    90: Four minutes added on.

3-0 #MKDvCHA
  • Options
    Posted at
    90'+1'
    Attempt missed. Ryan Watson (MK Dons) right footed shot from outside the box is close, but misses to the left.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

ross1 said:

Good ol' Dillon.

Also the longest serving or would that be Ajose seeing both made their debuts in 2016
    Actually, my mistake. I had thought Ajose had been subbed in our triple substitution.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!