Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

La Liga 2018/19

Comments

• edited December 2018

Anyone watching the Barcelona game? They are on fire. If Messi is classed as the 5th best in the world then stone me the other 4 must be superhuman too.

Two stunning free kicks and the assist for Dembeles goal. Wow.
    Just incredible
  • Joy to watch. You just know there going in. The assist was class, I like the way he doesn't make such a big thing. Players wipe him out and he gets up and gets on with it, puts the ball down and bends it top bins. His assist too getting kicked on the floor manages to get up and spot a pass only he could and dembele with a perfect finish.
  • Sevilla dropping two points against Valencia by conceding at the end makes it look like Barcelona might not be as troubled by them for the title as I hoped.
  • Starts up again after the winter break with Real Madrid v Villareal tonight. Looking forward to La Liga being back - have really missed it and don't really know why they have a break for Christmas when it's still pretty warm here. Just tradition I guess. Hoping Sevilla and Atletico Madrid can keep pushing Barca for the second half of the season, and Barca could be more focused on the Champions League and slip up in the league in the next months.
  • With Sevilla and Atletico drawing one all against each other today it looks like Barcelona will open up more of a lead at the top unless somehow Getafe can beat them tonight. Real Madrid can put themselves a bit more in the mix tonight with a win, after their very poor start to the season.
  • Real Madrid lose 2-0
  • Madrid look stale. 2nd season they've been mediocre in the league. As individuals they're not past it, as they tend to prove when it matters in the Champions League, but for the bread and butter stuff the big names look complacent and lazy. Needs significant investment in the summer, and a vibrant new manager. If they go for Mourinho it's only going to get worse.
  • Another awful result for Madrid, and can't see Solari lasting long. Their performances this season show that Zidane must have been doing something right with that team, though the loss of Ronaldo has been devastating for them. The fault clearly lies with Florentino Perez.
  • Sponsored links:

• Big win today for Real Madrid, beating Sevilla and going above them into fourth. Solari still seems to be under pressure but he has pulled the team back into a respectable position. Surely the talk about Mourinho coming back can't be true - he made a lot of enemies here.

• Kevin Prince Boateng on the verge of signing for Barca

WTF Shades of when they signed Paulinho a player who would add nothing to there team.

Which ex spurs player will be next
  • A lot to do for Barca next week after they lost 2-0 at Sevilla in their Copa del rey 1st leg last night.

I know Valverde needs to rotate his squad, but there's a time and a place. If you turn up for Sevilla away without Messi and Busquets and only have have Suarez and Coutinho on the bench then you're asking for trouble.
  • Good wins for Sevilla and Atletico today to keep the push on Barcelona but realistically I'm just hoping that Barca will be focusing on the Champions League and this causes an unexpected league slip-up.

Tomorrow they play away to Girona - this was the game that was supposed to be played in the States but pleasingly it didn't happen, mainly due to the players protesting. Whether it was out of solidarity with the fans or not wanting to fly there mid-season isn't clear (possibly a combination of both) but I'm really glad it didn't happen.
  • Copa Del Rey semi-final draw today - Valencia vs Real Betis and Barcelona v Real Madrid, over two legs with the final this year at Betis' Benito Villamarin. Be great to see a different winner this year as Barcelona have won the last four finals.
  • None of it's been televised over here so far. Managed to find a stream of the Sevilla vs Barcelona games. Hopefully someone will stump up for the rights to broadcast the semi-finals, two very appealing ties.
  • edited February 2019
    Dropped points at home for Barcelona tonight with 2-2 draw against Valencia - hopefully Atletico can narrow the gap with a win against Betis tomorrow. I'll be at third division Union Adarve tomorrow for tomorrow's big game in Spain - their six pointer in the relegation battle against Salamanca!
  • La liga is shaping up nicely.
  • La liga is shaping up nicely.

At the bottom as well, come surprises down there. Villarreal and Celta Vigo in the relegation zone, Espanyol and never-relegated Athletic Bilbao also in peril.
  • MrLargo said:

La liga is shaping up nicely.

At the bottom as well, come surprises down there. Villarreal and Celta Vigo in the relegation zone, Espanyol and never-relegated Athletic Bilbao also in peril.
    Was thinking about signing up to elevensport
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

La liga is shaping up nicely.

Was thinking about signing up to elevensport
    I only watch the Spanish stuff anyway, but be aware that they've just lost Italian and (I think) Dutch football with effect from the end of this month, so basically a fiver a month for Spanish football only. They were doing first month for free at the start of the season, dunno if they're still offering that. You need a Chromecast to watch it on your tv.

Hoping Spanish football will be back on a proper channel next season.
  • Dropped points at home for Barcelona tonight with 2-2 draw against Valencia - hopefully Atletico can narrow the gap with a win against Betis tomorrow. I'll be at third division Union Adarve tomorrow for tomorrow's big game in Spain - their six pointer in the relegation battle against Salamanca!

Was impressed with how Valencia played, Rodrigo and Gameiro link up really well.

Messi, as ever though, is on a different planet.

Tough game for Atletico away at Betis today.
  • Dropped points at home for Barcelona tonight with 2-2 draw against Valencia - hopefully Atletico can narrow the gap with a win against Betis tomorrow. I'll be at third division Union Adarve tomorrow for tomorrow's big game in Spain - their six pointer in the relegation battle against Salamanca!

I point gained rather than 2 dropped in the title race now
  • Classic Atletico Madrid today, losing against Betis today to throw away the chance of drawing closer to Barcelona after their draw yesterday. Been a funny season for them and can't see them catching Barca in the league now but hopefully they will carry on doing well in the Champions League and reach the final in their own ground.
  • El clasico tonight in the first leg of the Copa del Rey semi-final. Looking forward to hopefully a great game tonight - as always the hype here is through the roof.
  • Madrid have everyone fit and available. Barca waiting "until the last minute" to make a decision on whether Messi starts.
  • Tempted to get tickets for return leg in Madrid. Probably best chance of seeing a clasico and tickets not too bad at €70.
  • Messi only fit enough for the bench.

Bale dropped. Lucas Vazquez starts instead.
  • Betis currently 2-1 up in the other semi, first leg.

Joaquin made it 2-0 with a goal direct from a corner
  • Cant belive Joaquin is still going and scoring. Always was good to watch