Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MK Dons v Charlton | Tue 14 Aug | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Nicholas said:

Don’t think it’s fair what he is doing to Ajose at the minute. He clearly doesn’t like him but to single him out as the only so called senior player tomorrow seems harsh. We have such a thin squad at the min and before long we may need his assistance.

Ajose has a huge attitude problem...
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    We're on our way, on our way, to Wembley we're on our way, how will we get there? I don't know, how will we get there? I dont care

All I know Charlton are on there way.
  • Options
    Not bothered at all about this, hopefully we play all the youngsters and even younger if we need to.

I have bet us to lose based on this assumption :)
  • Options
    redbuttle said:

Nicholas said:

Don’t think it’s fair what he is doing to Ajose at the minute. He clearly doesn’t like him but to single him out as the only so called senior player tomorrow seems harsh. We have such a thin squad at the min and before long we may need his assistance.

Ajose has a huge attitude problem...
    There is definitely some supporting evidence to that.

That being said, and I've been a critic of his from day one, when he got his run in the team last year it was in part because he worked very hard, ran unselfishly, and created space for others. He didn't get the goals you hope he would be he also didn't have loads of chances, because he's just not someone who can create things for himself.

Up until this summer I would have been more than happy for him to leave. But the problem now is that if he leaves I'm not convinced we will get anyone in to replace him, let alone anyone with his experience and potential upside. He is one of three strikers with experience, and our fourth choice striker is (still, I believe) facing a rape charge/investigation, so relying in him all season is probably not a great strategy (unless I'm missing something).

As Sage said, Ajose is a senior pro who hasn't played yet this season, it makes perfect sense to give him a run out here.
  • Options
    I remember when the League Cup had two legs in the early rounds. Now they've got rid of extra time and seedings.

• Options
    Fingers crossed 0-1 Ajose.
  • Options
    We don't have a choice but to play the tooth team------if they get tonked not sure how it helps anything-----2 games in and hoping for no injuries ----- still only two difficult weeks to wait before this is get better

" What's that you say Skippy ???? It's utter bollox? Make you right mate"
  • Options

Scoham said:
    weird one this. This IS the League cup after all - not the Checkout trophy. What happens if we get through this round & get a big(ish) club at home.....play the youngsters again ?? There may come a time (not sure when the real big team come in) that we play Arsenal or Spurs .........still the youngsters ??

Yes, we can get injuries - but players can get injured walking downstairs (Taylor) or dropping a jar of beetroot on your foot (Martyn ?)

just hope we lose then as I'd hate to be LB telling the winning players that they wont be in the team to face Spurs.
    Mate, we'll get Shrewsbury away
  • Options
    I hope he plays the "Under-stirrings in a father's ball bag" team...
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

Scoham said:
    weird one this. This IS the League cup after all - not the Checkout trophy. What happens if we get through this round & get a big(ish) club at home.....play the youngsters again ?? There may come a time (not sure when the real big team come in) that we play Arsenal or Spurs .........still the youngsters ??

Yes, we can get injuries - but players can get injured walking downstairs (Taylor) or dropping a jar of beetroot on your foot (Martyn ?)

just hope we lose then as I'd hate to be LB telling the winning players that they wont be in the team to face Spurs.
    Mate, we'll get Shrewsbury away
    Or at best Huddersfield away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018
    2-0 defeat
  • Options
    £5k up for grabs if we win this, surprised RD hasn't been on the blower to tell Lee to put out the first team
  • Options

£5k up for grabs if we win this, surprised RD hasn't been on the blower to tell Lee to put out the first team

And if I was Lee, I would tell him to Foxtrot Oscar :naughty: .
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    'Loading'

Playing tonight?

• Options
    We can't risk any more injuries so I wouldn't put out a team at all.

Nothing, no-one.

By all means, turn up at the stadium and then go through the motions, warm up on the pitch etc. but then 5 minutes before kick off, when we're due to walk out on to the pitch, the whole squad and coaching staff should leave by the back door, jump on the coach and head down the M1 and on to the M25, back to civilisation.

What are the EFL going to do?

Fine us?

Big deal, let Roland pay it.

Ban us from cup competitions?

Big deal, we'll never win another cup game in the next millennia anyway.

And we should continue with this procedure at every game until Roland gets the message and sells up.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Nothing, no-one.

By all means, turn up at the stadium and then go through the motions, warm up on the pitch etc. but then 5 minutes before kick off, when we're due to walk out on to the pitch, the whole squad and coaching staff should leave by the back door, jump on the coach and head down the M1 and on to the M25, back to civilisation.

Fine us?

And we should continue with this procedure at every game until Roland gets the message and sells up.

I agreed with it all, last line i think could lead to further damage to our club. Eg. docked points, go into administration or whatever penalties, Roland wont care that much he has already shown that.

Good example to do in this cup as noone would care less, but if in the League or a proper cup it would get alot more reaction from everyone and would end up being detrimental to our clubs future (in my opinion of course)
  • Options
    Good experience for the youngsters. Hope we get through the match without any injuries to the key players that might play. We’ll lose, I reckon
  • Options
    Does anybody have any interest in this match beyond praying that nobody gets injured, sent off or needlessly booked?

Is anybody actually going to the game?
  • Options

'Loading'

Playing tonight?

That's how he did his groin...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just had lapsie hat trick 1500/1 WH let me have 42p on oi
  • Options
    Good luck to the youngsters, I am sure they will shine and already those in the first team have cheered up our start. Nothing to lose, enjoy it all. 2-0 to MK Dons.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Just had lapsie hat trick 1500/1 WH let me have 42p on oi

Drinks all day on you Saturday if that comes in.
  • Options

Macronate said:

Nothing, no-one.

Fine us?

I agreed with it all, last line i think could lead to further damage to our club. Eg. docked points, go into administration or whatever penalties, Roland wont care that much he has already shown that.

Good example to do in this cup as noone would care less, but if in the League or a proper cup it would get alot more reaction from everyone and would end up being detrimental to our clubs future (in my opinion of course)
    just tell the EFL to take it up with our CEO if they have a problem with it.
  • Options
    2-0 to the Addicks
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Nicholas said:

We have played 2 games in what will be a 50+ game season where everybody will be called upon multiple times and you don’t think it’s fair that Ajose didn’t feature in those two games but will do tonight ?
  • Options
    Ajose is the only senior player that's fit and won't start Saturday, apart from one of the keepers, isn't he?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Both Ajose and Marshall there, along with Dijksteel / Morgan and Stevenson is that?
  • Options

Not bothered at all about this, hopefully we play all the youngsters and even younger if we need to.

I have bet us to lose based on this assumption :)

Never, ever put real money on your own team to lose. Those winnings would feel like Judas’s thirty pieces of silver in your pocket.
  • Options
    Ajose and Marshall are about the only senior players I would risk playing tonight tbf