Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

State of the Valley

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2018

Redhenry said:

For the first proper game of the season the pitch looked worse than usual

The pitch was cutting up and a lot of players were losing their footing. The budget for the upkeep of the pitch has probably been cut again. No pun intended.
    This summer the pitch wasn't completely regrown. I don't know whether that had an impact or not

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b17b1789d692/valley-pitch-work-begins-ahead-of-201819-season<</b>/blockquote&gt;

When I originally put up this story, I was asked about my life and how boring it was, or words to that effect. Perhaps more notice should have been taken :smiley:
  • Options
    Spent first 10 minutes saturday watching cleaners cllear bird shit and cobwebs from my seat,all round me people wiping seats with tissues,appalling.
  • Options
    It is all us vinegar pissers deserve!
  • Options
    Ooh, look at the muck in here...
  • Options

Surely a stadium should be cleaned on a regular basis not just once a year at the start of season. Good housekeeping, a little and often. Part of the costs of running a professional football club is maintenance of the ground.

But when a professional football club has been turned into a circus by its deluded owner, surely you have to expect more shit & sawdust underfoot?
    No, never. As a long standing customer of this “restaurant/cinema” I expect a clean environment to sit in especially after shelling out £27 for third division football.

On a serious note if the club cannot clean the stadium how can we be sure the numerous kitchens/food prep areas around the ground are of a hygiene level required law? Thinking about that, I’m pleased I’m a veggie and the catering doesn’t really cater for my needs.
    Of course it does. Chips for veggies/vegans, pies for everybody else. Some people just like to moan. :smiley:
  • Options
    I know I’m going to get pelters here for being all ‘elf and safety’, but pigeon droppings are a know health hazard from a fungus that forms in dried pigeon poop. Worth googling if you want to know more.

In my industry experience, the matter of clearing pigeon and other bird droppings from large buildings / workshops is taken quite seriously. I don’t see why football grounds should be any different?
  • Options

I know I’m going to get pelters here for being all ‘elf and safety’, but pigeon droppings are a know health hazard from a fungus that forms in dried pigeon poop. Worth googling if you want to know more.

In my industry experience, the matter of clearing pigeon and other bird droppings from large buildings / workshops is taken quite seriously. I don’t see why football grounds should be any different?

Maybe grassing the Belgian twat up to Greenwich Environental Health?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

All it needs is a marker.
    A letter to the club raising concerns now, and if anything happens in the future the club can't deny knowledge.
    I recommend writing to the chief executive.

seth plum said:

All it needs is a marker.
    A letter to the club raising concerns now, and if anything happens in the future the club can't deny knowledge.
    I recommend writing to the chief executive.

Dear Elsie,....