Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

State of the Valley

Comments

• Options

seth plum said:

How long would it take to go round with one of those kercher pressure washer things and clean it up?
    Would it mean that the floor would never get dry (would've done in some of our recent summer weather).
    Probably something like a two person job in less than a week.

It would take longer than that, repeatedly moving heavy machines up and down those steep steps, connecting to water supply and electricity, extra long hoses and cables required, constantly stopping to move all the equipment, hoses and cables.
    Not as straightforward as you may think, including exterior West Stand staircases.
    Probably a four man job with at least two industrial sized jet washers....around two weeks at least for a thorough job.
    At a guess....£15,000 +!
    I have an extra long hose they could use.
    Now whos boasting!
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Whilst the photos in my original post might not seem that bad it’s more about the fact that as has been pointed there used to be a day where us as fans can come down and do the cleaning, as was also pointed out that goodwill seems to have gone under Uncle Roland .

I was a regular seat cleaning volunteering mug, and didnt mind helping out our club in exchange for a match ticket, and a sarnie. At the moment with the pisspoor attendance the desire to get a free ticket seems to be limited. and if they are not supplying water to the team, I cant see them stretching to a lunchtime prawn sandwich for blokes with a bucket and wet wipe.
  • Options
    My seat was fine,i cleaned it with the shorts and t-shirt i was wearing,took the dirt home with me :neutral:
  • Options
    It wasn't to long ago that daisy said that RD wanted the ground to look nice n shiny as they replaced thousands of faded red seats. Niw look
  • Options
    For the first proper game of the season the pitch looked worse than usual
  • Options

The ridiculous level of whinging hit's an all time low, when someone complains about a cobweb under their seat.
    Let's hope Millwall fans don't read this. Oh shit ....

But it looks like the web of the Sydney funnel web spider. Someone could have DIED!
    If true then how else could a Sydney funnel web spider have got into the ground other than in the briefcase of one of the Australian consortium?
    It must be a sign surely!
  • Options
    Any piles of bull shit lying around are directly attributable to Gobinson.
  • Options
    I’ve become quite attached to Cecil who lives in the crack in the concrete near my seat. Anyone flushed him away and I’ll have Greenprace and Swampy all over you like a cheap suit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Off_it said:

The ridiculous level of whinging hit's an all time low, when someone complains about a cobweb under their seat.

Was your seat not covered in shit then? Before you sat on it, I mean.
    No & seats covered in bird shit should obviously have been cleaned.

But a small cobweb under the seat ffs.

Oh and thanks for suggesting I shat on my seat. What a twat you are.
  • Options
    the poster with a spider's web underneath his seat.......get a life

the poster with bird poo on his seat - yeah, not good but if that's all in life you have to moan about then think yourself lucky. Use a hanky (a gentleman always carries one) and clean it off. Yes, maybe the club could have employed a few people to go up & down the aisles and check these things, but if they aren't supplying water to our players I doubt whether they are going to use water to clean the seats.

I was a bit put out that they had locked the first set of toilets as you come in from the Bartram gate......at least last season they had a sign on the door saying they were closed....nothing yesterday. The first concession bar was also shut. I'm assuming its because they have shut blocks A & B, but fans still come in via the top end......same thing re programmes. Always used to be at the bottom of the steps but withdraw the seller a couple of years ago & just one (I believe) somewhere along the East Stand concourse but as we sit in Block F we've never seen it. Not bought a programme for 3 years because of it. (same for VOTV but shhhh.....)
  • Options
    One of the concourse bars in the East Stand was closed (the one down the far end)

Yes, the pitch didn't look brilliant for the start of the season. You get the feeling that everything over the summer has been the bare minimum possible, with any discretionary spending cancelled
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Off_it said:

Was your seat not covered in shit then? Before you sat on it, I mean.
    No & seats covered in bird shit should obviously have been cleaned.

But a small cobweb under the seat ffs.

Oh and thanks for suggesting I shat on my seat. What a twat you are.
    I didn't suggest you shat on your seat, not at all. The suggestion was that you being sat on it was the equivalent of it being covered in shit ("Covered End"?). But thanks for the flag anyway, just a shame you cant flag twice I guess. But I'm sure the resident Chief Bore may come to your aid there.

*smiley winky thing
  • Options

Surely a stadium should be cleaned on a regular basis not just once a year at the start of season. Good housekeeping, a little and often. Part of the costs of running a professional football club is maintenance of the ground.

But when a professional football club has been turned into a circus by its deluded owner, surely you have to expect more shit & sawdust underfoot?
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Any piles of bull shit lying around are directly attributable to Gobinson.

Or to Rubbershoes - keen to prove his and the club's green credentials?
  • Options

Surely a stadium should be cleaned on a regular basis not just once a year at the start of season. Good housekeeping, a little and often. Part of the costs of running a professional football club is maintenance of the ground.

But when a professional football club has been turned into a circus by its deluded owner, surely you have to expect more shit & sawdust underfoot?
    No, never. As a long standing customer of this “restaurant/cinema” I expect a clean environment to sit in especially after shelling out £27 for third division football.

On a serious note if the club cannot clean the stadium how can we be sure the numerous kitchens/food prep areas around the ground are of a hygiene level required law? Thinking about that, I’m pleased I’m a veggie and the catering doesn’t really cater for my needs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No, never. As a long standing customer of this “restaurant/cinema” I expect a clean environment to sit in especially after shelling out £27 for third division football.

On a serious note if the club cannot clean the stadium how can we be sure the numerous kitchens/food prep areas around the ground are of a hygiene level required law? Thinking about that, I’m pleased I’m a veggie and the catering doesn’t really cater for my needs.
    I hope the kitchen and food outlets are a wee bit better.
  • Options
    Hmm. I wonder when environmental health last checked The Valley?
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

Hmm. I wonder when environmental health last checked The Valley?

Food standards hygiene rating was five stars in January 2018 apparently.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

the poster with a spider's web underneath his seat.......get a life

the poster with bird poo on his seat - yeah, not good but if that's all in life you have to moan about then think yourself lucky. Use a hanky (a gentleman always carries one) and clean it off. Yes, maybe the club could have employed a few people to go up & down the aisles and check these things, but if they aren't supplying water to our players I doubt whether they are going to use water to clean the seats.

I was a bit put out that they had locked the first set of toilets as you come in from the Bartram gate......at least last season they had a sign on the door saying they were closed....nothing yesterday. The first concession bar was also shut. I'm assuming its because they have shut blocks A & B, but fans still come in via the top end......same thing re programmes. Always used to be at the bottom of the steps but withdraw the seller a couple of years ago & just one (I believe) somewhere along the East Stand concourse but as we sit in Block F we've never seen it. Not bought a programme for 3 years because of it. (same for VOTV but shhhh.....)

Golfie complaining that other people moan too much.

Has the world been turned upside down?
  • Options

One of the concourse bars in the East Stand was closed (the one down the far end)

Yes, the pitch didn't look brilliant for the start of the season. You get the feeling that everything over the summer has been the bare minimum possible, with any discretionary spending cancelled

I did wonder about the pitch, watched the game on ifollow from holiday so couldn’t be sure but thought the pitch looked a bit rough, daren't mention in case I got accused of being negative.
  • Options

The pitch was cutting up and a lot of players were losing their footing. The budget for the upkeep of the pitch has probably been cut again. No pun intended.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

The pitch was cutting up and a lot of players were losing their footing. The budget for the upkeep of the pitch has probably been cut again. No pun intended.
    This summer the pitch wasn't completely regrown. I don't know whether that had an impact or not

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b17b1789d692/valley-pitch-work-begins-ahead-of-201819-season
  • Options
    Totally agree. The Valley desperately needs a good clean. Outside the north stand and west especially. Just need an owner who gives a fuck