Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Albie Morgan - signed for Blackpool on a 3 year (+1 year option) deal (p54)

Comments

• Options
    Said it many times Albie was underrated by Charlton and especially Charlton fans. We have had
    Gilby
    Payne
    Mcgrandles
    Fraser
    Campbell
    Lad from Ipswich 
    Taylor
    Anderson
    Shinnie
    L Watson

He was and is better than all plus wanted to play for the shirt.

We have supporters raving over a player on loan after 70 mins...........blind 
    So I disagree on Shinnie. 
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    He was not the answer and it was right to release him. Just because he’s better than half the other dross we’ve been served up over the last few years doesn’t mean he was good/consistent enough.
    "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone"......
  • Options
    Morgan isn’t the answer, we’ve just not improved the midfield because of injuries and/or poor recruitment. That’s been a depressing pattern over the last few years. 
  • Options
    edited January 15
    I believe he will prove the doubters wrong over time.
    If that's the case then they might be proved right. The issue with Alfie has always been if/when it will click and whether a team can afford to keep starting him when he's so inconsistent. He's not getting enough starts at Blackpool IMO and might have been better off going to a lesser team where he'd play 40+ games. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Said it many times Albie was underrated by Charlton and especially Charlton fans. We have had
    Gilby
    Payne
    Mcgrandles
    Fraser
    Campbell
    Lad from Ipswich 
    Taylor
    Anderson
    Shinnie
    L Watson

Me too, Shinnie was quality 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Gilby
    Payne
    Mcgrandles
    Fraser
    Campbell
    Lad from Ipswich 
    Taylor
    Anderson
    Shinnie
    L Watson

Me too, Shinnie was quality 
    Albie was dogshit in a Charlton shirt. I'd take half the players on that list over him. We've barely seen McGrandles...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I believe he will prove the doubters wrong over time.
    We want to get promoted, not sit mid table in L1 for a few more years to give Morgan time to prove himself.

I agree the potential is there, but I’m not so certain he’ll get there. He needs regular game time if he’s going to reach it.
  • Options
    He's the perfect example of should have taken a L2 loan under Bowyer, but Bow didn't exactly sell him did he. 
  • Options
    edited January 16
    I don't believe a player in our recent history has been given as many chances as Albie had and more often than not he disappointed.  We were right to let him go
  • Options
    Awks
  • Options
    May have changed their mind now
  • Options
    …And he’s just gifted Forest a goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Poor pass…Sadly this is albie, can be a class player on his day but look at what he had just done those little moments and that inconsistency is why fans such as myself who rated him got so frustrated with
  • Options
    Albie being Albie again! Short “blind” back pass to goal keeper results in a second for Forest
  • Options
    You can't do that against a team better than you.
  • Options
    Or maybe not
  • Options
    That's more like it Albie.
  • Options
    edited January 17
    And scores a worldy!
  • Options
    Wow what a better from Albie!
  • Options
    Albie not being Albie scores a screamer from outside the box!
  • Options
    Fairplay great strike and goal by him

he may not have been good enough for us at the time but one thing he always did was fight battle and not stop running !
  • Options
    👏 well done Albie.