Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Albie Morgan - signed for Blackpool on a 3 year (+1 year option) deal (p54)

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Terry Taylor, when fit, has a higher ceiling than Albie Morgan, of that I'm fairly certain.

He's also a whole year younger than him
    That's to be proven. After all the likes of DJ, Lavelle, Kirk, Payne etc were highly rated when we signed them
  • Options
    Pleased for the lad
  • Options
    Here's a comment from that Blackpool forum:

"Stating the bleedin' obvious but he looks like a proper footballer to me."

• Options
    I hope he kicks on and it’s not the 17th false dawn of his career.
  • Options
    He's doing ok there but he's only really a squad player.

12 starts (subbed off in 8) and 11 sub appearances. Playing an average of 48 minutes across those games with a return of 1 goal and 2 assists.

So not really much to write home about, although to his credit he's playing at a higher level than i and many others thought he would do when he left us. I was certain he'd have to drop into league 2 so fair play to him.
    I don’t wish he was still around - I was an advocate of him because he is talented but he had plenty of chances and didn’t take them.  Still, factoring in injuries and performances , I am not sure we are better without him. 
  • Options
    I don't think it's necessarily been false dawn's, but Blackpool stuck with him after his dip in form and he now seems more consistent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Releasing Morgan  , Inniss  and Clare was the right thing to do.
    But like everyone else who left they needed to be replaced with better if we want to go up.
    It's our recruitment team that needs to improve. 
    We definitely haven’t improved on Clare, although I wasn’t a huge fan.  Inniss was a liability due to suspensions and previously injuries and had to go. 
  • Options
    Glad he’s making a good go of it up there. Wish him the best. 
  • Options
    Best wishes to Albie. Another Academy graduate making a decent living in the game.
  • Options
    edited January 3
    I was surprised we let Clare go as he would have been a decent enough squad player. However, at this moment in time he would be a starter as we should have improved on him but haven't.
  • Options
    edited January 3
    But like everyone else who left they needed to be replaced with better if we want to go up.
    Spot on, we still haven't even replaced Purrington or Pearce ffs 😂

For those saying Albie is a bit part there, if you read their forums, they think he might be their best midfielder and has championship potential. 

He's had a bad patch with them but it sounds likes he's found his way into the team and quite favoured there. 
    The experts. 

Guy is a squad player and in the last 3 games he's started (before that he had a run of 6 games on the bench); they've lost two and won one.

He has one goal and two assists all season which strikes me as fairly ineffective as a central midfielder. 
  • Options
    Just an Albie update, first of all I am genuinely happy for him, he seems to have settled up there and is now kicking on a bit, but there's a bitter irony about us losing a homegrown player for free and him playing for a team that sit above us in the table. 

Looks very comfortable in this video and settled.

If you read the comments he's starting to get plaudits. 

He turned in an 8.0 match performance Vs Lincoln who imo played us off the park at their place. 

Intrigued to see how he gets on with his career as he was always a bit of an enigma, but I am genuinely quite happy he's moved to a fairly big club a long way from home and is swimming rather than sinking. 

Always like to see the academy lads do well 

It's Ironic in the Alanis Morissette sense of irony....

Loads of players have been poor for us and then gone on to have great careers elsewhere. Simon Francis spings to mind.

Blackpool a big club? Have you started drinking already?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I don't think it's necessarily been false dawn's, but Blackpool stuck with him after his dip in form and he now seems more consistent.
    You coping OK, hun? x
  • Options
    Spot on, we still haven't even replaced Purrington or Pearce ffs 😂

For those saying Albie is a bit part there, if you read their forums, they think he might be their best midfielder and has championship potential. 

He's had a bad patch with them but it sounds likes he's found his way into the team and quite favoured there. 
    The experts. 

Guy is a squad player and in the last 3 games he's started (before that he had a run of 6 games on the bench); they've lost two and won one.

He has one goal and two assists all season which strikes me as fairly ineffective as a central midfielder. 
    Well they've been in the championship more recently than we have. I'm just going by what they've recently said and it's nice to see him settling as he struck me as a nice lad. 

PopIcon said:
    Just an Albie update, first of all I am genuinely happy for him, he seems to have settled up there and is now kicking on a bit, but there's a bitter irony about us losing a homegrown player for free and him playing for a team that sit above us in the table. 

Looks very comfortable in this video and settled.

If you read the comments he's starting to get plaudits. 

He turned in an 8.0 match performance Vs Lincoln who imo played us off the park at their place. 

Intrigued to see how he gets on with his career as he was always a bit of an enigma, but I am genuinely quite happy he's moved to a fairly big club a long way from home and is swimming rather than sinking. 

Always like to see the academy lads do well 

It's Ironic in the Alanis Morissette sense of irony....

Loads of players have been poor for us and then gone on to have great careers elsewhere. Simon Francis spings to mind.

Blackpool a big club? Have you started drinking already?
    I would say Blackpool are a fairly big club yeah, certainly in league 1 anyway. Been around since the 1800s, FA cup winners, decent sized nice ground, played top flight football and been in the premier league more recently than us. 

They're certainly not tin pot imo put it that way 
    ... and Stanley Mathews - he set up Blackpool's last three goals to help defeat Bolton Wanderers in what became known as “the Matthews final” in 1953.  That was Blackpool's third final in six years - they lost the other two to Manchester United in 1948 and Newcastle in 1951.
  • Options
    Never seen him run so fast. Did well for his goal 
    He's slimmed down a lot. 
  • Options
    edited January 8
    I always felt Morgan could at least be a decent League 1 player if he got as fit as possible and practiced his erratic shooting in the afternoons to improve his game.
    Also his set pieces which were also erratic but occasionally he would nail it.
    Maybe the move away from Cafc will do him good as he was in a rut.
    I genuinely wish him well in his future career.
  • Options
    I always felt Morgan could at least be a decent League 1 player if he got as fit as possible and practiced his erratic shooting in the afternoons to improve his game.
    Also his set pieces which were also erratic but occasionally would nail it.
    Maybe the move away from Cafc will do him good as he was in a rut.
    I genuinely wish him well in his future career.
    While sometimes they were bad, his set pieces were better than the rubbish we've delivered this season. Looking at last season's statbank, he had a very healthy 9 assists.
  • Options
    He scored twice last Saturday. Nice goals.