Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jed Steer - keeper - on loan from Villa

Comments

• Hope we haven't got a bum steer
  • We change our keepers every season, I can’t get too attached, hope he does well here.
  • Hope we haven't got a bum steer

That’s about the 4th time someone has used this expression. Give us another one....
  • May I be the first to say, I hope he’s not a bum steer.
  • May I be the first to say, I hope he’s not a bum steer.

you're about the 20th, but nice try ((:>)
  • Arrives in the medical room, meets half our squad and told, get used to the surroundings if you are lucky enough you'll be spending alot of time here!
  • Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

We need bodies. He is one. Expect he'll challenge Phillips. That might make Phillips better, it might mean he ends up second choice and we lose him next summer. But this makes us a better team right now.

Bowyer has already said he wants to bring in a keeper to push Dillon Phillips.

No doubt, Phillips has the shirt tomorrow. It's his to lose.
    That's how it should be.

But the new lad hasn't come here to sit on the bench all season.

personally I thought he lost the shirt last week. I know he's young and first game of the season but if we have a better keeper there's no time for sentiment. Serious danger of a relegation battle this season and he cost us 3 points last week.
    Yeah right - all other goalkeepers are perfect.
    Are you replying to somebody else’s comment? Cos your response appears to bear no relation to the one you’ve quoted.

Phillips has already made costly errors in the one game we’ve played. We have a keeper who by most accounts is better than him. We should therefore play the better player. I can’t see a rationale for keeping Phillips in...
  • Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

We need bodies. He is one. Expect he'll challenge Phillips. That might make Phillips better, it might mean he ends up second choice and we lose him next summer. But this makes us a better team right now.

That's how it should be.

personally I thought he lost the shirt last week. I know he's young and first game of the season but if we have a better keeper there's no time for sentiment. Serious danger of a relegation battle this season and he cost us 3 points last week.
    Are you replying to somebody else’s comment? Cos your response appears to bear no relation to the one you’ve quoted.

Phillips has already made costly errors in the one game we’ve played. We have a keeper who by most accounts is better than him. We should therefore play the better player. I can’t see a rationale for keeping Phillips in...
    He also madd 2 fantastic saves and lets be honest Page made a massive error for Sunderlands 2nd
  • Sponsored links:

• CH4RLTON said:

My Villa supporting friend says he is very Injury prone and made one the worst clangers he has ever seen in a pre season match against Dresden a few weeks back.

Would be more worried if he was a Driesden clanger
    Never drop a Clanger.
  • Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

That's how it should be.

I was replying to a series of criticisms made about Dillon which were obviously OTT. The logic on here of some is that Phillips is the only one who makes mistakes. I thought it was pretty obvious the point I was making?

Every keeper makes mistakes - the secret is to minimise them.
  • Wasnt surprised not to see him Saturday having not even trained with us.

But very surprised he isnt playing tonight, has he picked up an injury
  • Yeah I thought tonight would be a good chance for Bowyer to see what he can do ahead of deciding whether to have Phillips or Steer in goal against Accrington

I guess this is sending the message that Phillips has the jersey to lose and is being given a run of games for the needed experience
  • Wasnt surprised not to see him Saturday having not even trained with us.

But very surprised he isnt playing tonight, has he picked up an injury

Or not being risked for this Saturday? :open_mouth: .

• Steer must be pretty fit already ...... he played 5 out of 6 of Villa's pre-season friendlies.
    And a full game in the Championship, just a week ago.

• Yeah I thought tonight would be a good chance for Bowyer to see what he can do ahead of deciding whether to have Phillips or Steer in goal against Accrington

I guess this is sending the message that Phillips has the jersey to lose and is being given a run of games for the needed experience

I would say Shrewsbury was too soon for Steer and now Phillips will play cup games only of which we just happen to have one tonight.
  • Pretty ruthless from LB but the right decision, if that conjecture is correct
  • No room for sentiment in football.
  • Sponsored links:

• @SoundAsa£ has pointed out he may be on the way back to Villa in Jan
  • Ok cabbles......understood.
  • cabbles said:

@SoundAsa£ has pointed out he may be on the way back to Villa in Jan

if this is so then Bowyer & Co need to shop around for an experienced keeper now, or sooner
  • cabbles said:

if this is so then Bowyer & Co need to shop around for an experienced keeper now, or sooner
    Every year that Roland has been here we haven't had one leading up to the start of the season.
  • cabbles said:

Should take a look @ Kieron Westwood at Sheffield Wednesday

Cant get a game up there and am sure Roland knows the CEO to get a deal done
  • cabbles said:

Should take a look @ Kieron Westwood at Sheffield Wednesday

Cant get a game up there and am sure Roland knows the CEO to get a deal done
    that's a VERY good call .. unless Katty and Roly have had a spat