Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trust seeks takeover clarity from EFL

Comments

• Options
    Talk about off topic...

Enjoy your holiday, @Addickted2TheReds
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

When CARD was in full swing I attended the Supporters Summit to speak about the ownership struggle at Wembley with @Pico and @PragueAddick.

Before we got our chance to speak Ian Lenegan had a long moment on the mic. At the time I tweeted this: "If I had a pound for every time Ian Lenagan said "possibility", "discussions" or "proposals" I'd be very rich. Fudgy. #SupportersSummit".

Nothing has changed and I have no time for the EFL. I have also kept to myself the feelings of the trust's decison to release the statement after the CARD call for a boycott (even though I had taken a backwards step from CARD "duties" by that point).

While I concede that this post could be construed as bringing up stuff from the past; my main point is that I believe that this is fantastic from the trust, and something they should continue pressing.

I've read the "CAST should act" thread and they have. I've no more ill feeling and I already know that the people currently on the board are some of the nicest, intelligent and most committed to CAFC people that you could wish to meet. (Well done for getting rid of @rikofold ... )

Arguing between ourselves is nonsense, while so easy to get sucked in to. We all want the same thing - the Belgian scrote to sell the club and FUCK OFF. Let's make sure we stick to that as our objective...

Careful @Addickted2TheReds Mate. A few more posts like this and people will start thinking you are more than just a male model. People might start thinking you are intelligent.
    Not a male model, glad you think so though. My place? We won't tell my girlfriend or yours pal...

Ooh, talking of my girlfriend, and haven't mentioned it on here so far, but my mrs's Grandad is none other than Eddie Firmani!
    I hope you're not going to go on on and about that mate ;-)
    Why do you say that mate? :-)
    Only because it's what I'm NOTORIOUS for ;-)
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Thank you for your email, we appreciate you getting in touch.

While we note your comments, unfortunately the EFL’s policy is not to comment on any speculation or any alleged takeovers which may involve any of our 72 member clubs, to protect their interests, nor is there a set duration/timescale in respect of any prospective Club takeover.
  • Options

While we note your comments, unfortunately the EFL’s policy is not to comment on any speculation or any alleged takeovers which may involve any of our 72 member clubs, to protect their interests, nor is there a set duration/timescale in respect of any prospective Club takeover.

I take it that is a reply to you, mate?

Fine, good to know and log.

If anyone else gets replies to emails from them, please share here too.

"Protect their interests".....

• Options

What about the clubs' and supporters' interests? Oh, of course, silly me, since when did these organisations give a flying you-know-what about them?

• Options

Yes. I wrote them when the initial rumour came out. Doubt Trust will get any more.
  • Options

Yes. I wrote them when the initial rumour came out. Doubt Trust will get any more.
    Thanks

Also good to know how long it took for them to respond
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

When CARD was in full swing I attended the Supporters Summit to speak about the ownership struggle at Wembley with @Pico and @PragueAddick.

Before we got our chance to speak Ian Lenegan had a long moment on the mic. At the time I tweeted this: "If I had a pound for every time Ian Lenagan said "possibility", "discussions" or "proposals" I'd be very rich. Fudgy. #SupportersSummit".

Nothing has changed and I have no time for the EFL. I have also kept to myself the feelings of the trust's decison to release the statement after the CARD call for a boycott (even though I had taken a backwards step from CARD "duties" by that point).

While I concede that this post could be construed as bringing up stuff from the past; my main point is that I believe that this is fantastic from the trust, and something they should continue pressing.

I've read the "CAST should act" thread and they have. I've no more ill feeling and I already know that the people currently on the board are some of the nicest, intelligent and most committed to CAFC people that you could wish to meet. (Well done for getting rid of @rikofold ... )

Arguing between ourselves is nonsense, while so easy to get sucked in to. We all want the same thing - the Belgian scrote to sell the club and FUCK OFF. Let's make sure we stick to that as our objective...

Careful @Addickted2TheReds Mate. A few more posts like this and people will start thinking you are more than just a male model. People might start thinking you are intelligent.
    Not a male model, glad you think so though. My place? We won't tell my girlfriend or yours pal...

Ooh, talking of my girlfriend, and haven't mentioned it on here so far, but my mrs's Grandad is none other than Eddie Firmani!
    I hope you're not going to go on on and about that mate ;-)
    Why do you say that mate? :-)
    @JamesSeed is worried you'll nick his place on the CAST board @Addickted2TheReds : - )
    The first ever contested election??

I might do that just for a laugh.... :-)
    Maybe I'll stand against the both of you ; - )
    Not worried about you if I'm honest, Ben... :-)
    I think you have to be a member so that rules me out.

Oh I dunno about that .....
  • Options
    Having emailed the EFL on the same subject earlier in the week I have received the reply below;

Thank you for your email, we note your comments.

Generally speaking the EFL works with all its member Clubs in respect to the application of our regulations.

The EFL’s Owners’ and Directors’ Test (OADT) determines the eligibility of individuals that are involved in the ownership, management and administration of a club. The ODT is entirely objective in its approach and action cannot be taken against individuals based on subjective judgement. Instead the OADT criteria is constantly applied in that, should an owner or relevant person fall foul of any of the objective requirements of the test, then this would impact on their ability to retain their position. The OADT can be read in Appendix III http://www.efl.com/global/appendix3.aspx.

In this respect the EFL will act should it be aware of any matter which breaches the regulations defined within the test.

Thank you for contacting the EFL.

Regards,

Jessica Crook

Supporter Services Department

EFL

EFL email signature2016-EFLHouse-HR500

What a load of corporate blks.
    I fear the trust will get a similar reply.
  • Options

Firmani was Charlton manager when I started supporting Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018

This is the start of a long term campaign. We don't expect any clear answer from the EFL. However Blackpool have rattled their cages quite hard and we are working with them. What needs to happen is that the EFL is forced to concede that they are also answerable to fan stakeholders. The scale of that task can be measured by this: the CEO of the EFL, Shaun Harvey is a longtime friend of Karl Oyston. Dwell on that for a moment.

Hopefully now the.reason for the straw poll re the Ombudsman becomes clear. We could not quite believe that we had missed the existence of this guy, but clearly he is almost invisible to all. But Blackpool like him and they believe he is not satisfied with his limited remit. They think he is taking up their case partly as a way to argue that he should have a remit to tackle the issue of bad ownership. So short term the plan is to get him to take us on too, he will start to see a pattern, and then we can bring in Trusts of more distressed clubs. And the pressure on the EFL builds.

It's worth saying that Blackpool approached us with this plan. In their eyes we are a well organised, effective active fan base, which also is appreciated for our fans behaviour at the last away game up there.

To echo what everyone else has already said, well done to the Trust. This is very, very clever and exactly the kind of thing the Trust is uniquely positioned to do.

In addition to the letter, it should be recognized that part of what makes this possible is a both a good rapport with, and the respect of, other supporters' groups. It's easy to overlook that, but I think that it's noteworthy.

Thank you to everyone who has worked so selflessly on this.
  • Options

Having emailed the EFL on the same subject earlier in the week I have received the reply below;

Generally speaking the EFL works with all its member Clubs in respect to the application of our regulations.

The EFL’s Owners’ and Directors’ Test (OADT) determines the eligibility of individuals that are involved in the ownership, management and administration of a club. The ODT is entirely objective in its approach and action cannot be taken against individuals based on subjective judgement. Instead the OADT criteria is constantly applied in that, should an owner or relevant person fall foul of any of the objective requirements of the test, then this would impact on their ability to retain their position. The OADT can be read in Appendix III http://www.efl.com/global/appendix3.aspx.

In this respect the EFL will act should it be aware of any matter which breaches the regulations defined within the test.

Regards,

Jessica Crook

EFL

Jessica Crook?

That probably sums up everything.
  • Options

Thanks

Next day, so perhaps CAST will fare better.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I think there should be an exemption to the test anyway. Surely any future owner should only have to be more fit and proper than the current one! I know that widens the field in our case to virtually everybody, but surely it is the logical position!
  • Options
    Surely there should be a sub-section 4b:-

OK, he's not a fit and proper person but at least he is better than the tosser who currently owns them.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Why not? Surely a slight improvement is better than no improvement :) And it will only move things along from an original EFL error!
  • Options
    But seriously, if the EFL have condemned Charlton to years of Duchatelet slowly killing us, there has to be something wrong with what they are about!
  • Options

Thanks

Next day, so perhaps CAST will fare better.
    Really, they replied in 24 hours? What about yours, @willieduff , how long did they take?

Thanks

• Options
    edited August 2018

Regards,

Jessica Crook

EFL

At least the Trust will now be able to tell if they've been given the 'copy and paste' treatment.

Good luck anyway. It's high time the custodians of the game were properly skewered by the ones who have to suffer the endless parade of shit owners they deem 'fit and proper'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Is there any truth in the rumour that Two Shats was not vetted by the league because the spivs had to go to court for reasons related to ownership that were potentially more embarrassing to the league and they were therefore keen to allow a quick takeover?
  • Options
    Stig said:

Is there any truth in the rumour that Two Shats was not vetted by the league because the spivs had to go to court for reasons related to ownership that were potentially more embarrassing to the league and there were therefore keen to allow a quick takeover?

WTF...surely not...!!!
  • Options

Stig said:

Is there any truth in the rumour that Two Shats was not vetted by the league because the spivs had to go to court for reasons related to ownership that were potentially more embarrassing to the league and there were therefore keen to allow a quick takeover?

WTF...surely not...!!!
    I'd have thought not as well, but it's something I'd heard so I wondered if anyone else knew anything.
  • Options
    What's happening now then?

Could the trust not get the club to agree to at least one meeting with the hierarchy a month to get an understanding of where we are with this takeover? Or what the contingency plan is each month it rumbles on without happening?
  • Options

Could the trust not get the club to agree to at least one meeting with the hierarchy a month to get an understanding of where we are with this takeover? Or what the contingency plan is each month it rumbles on without happening?

I think the problem is they can only update you with details that aren’t covered by their pesky NDAs and confidentially clauses.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I think the problem is they can only update you with details that aren’t covered by their pesky NDAs and confidentially clauses.
    But what is the NDA covering ?? We know the club is up for sale & we know its an Australian Consortium thats trying to buy it.

We're not asking about the price or any sensitive information, simply what the fuck is going on. Surely one side or the other (preferably both) can give an update & why its taking so long. We all know about the ex-director loans too....so if they're the problem then say so.Thats why I think theres more to it.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Regards,

Jessica Crook

EFL

I wonder if there are any references in any EFL documents about the running of a club & what is accecptable or neccesary even....

ie, No CEO or Management structure. How long can RD continue running it like a cheap hotel ?? I bet you couldn't get into the league without anything in place. seems like once you've been accepted you can do as you please.....as long as you don't buy the players a burger after a match of course.
  • Options

Regards,

Jessica Crook

EFL

I wonder if there are any references in any EFL documents about the running of a club & what is accecptable or neccesary even....

ie, No CEO or Management structure. How long can RD continue running it like a cheap hotel ?? I bet you couldn't get into the league without anything in place. seems like once you've been accepted you can do as you please.....as long as you don't buy the players a burger after a match of course.
    The fit and proper tests are based on financial integrity, not competence to run a football club.

As long as the club is able to meet it's financial obligations as and when they fall due and can fulfill the fixtures then what on earth do you expect the EFL to do? What sanctions could they hand down to a privately owned company that has not, as far as I know, broken any laws, or indeed any rules of the EFL.