Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trust seeks takeover clarity from EFL

Comments

• Good letter from the Trust. Nice to hear from Prague that's it's part of a longer term strategy.
  • Well done CAST, took your time

Focussed, timing instead of constant whinging about everything under the sun is what’s its all about, surely. Nobody takes any notice of people that do the latter
  • Addickted said:

Stig said:

Well done to the Trust, that's a great bit of work and deserves to be commended.

I do note though that the other day, @AddickUpNorth was criticised for starting a thread on a topic having written to the Trust without giving them a chance to respond first. I'm not sure how different this is to that. I don't mind, I think it's a perfectly valid thing to do, but I do think the criticism of AUN was unfair.

The difference is that we know for a fact that the EFL refuse to recognize their duty of care to fan stakeholders. There is no reason to believe that a "private" message to the EFL would be welcomed and responded to.

The Trust absolutely recognizes it's duty to carry out its mission, and to inform its members how it's doing it. And here it is. And any further questions about this and what else we could do in similar vein, are very welcome.

Prague, has it been established how long an EFL club is allowed to continue with no manager/coach, no CEO and no FD ?
    Especially, with an absent owner in a foreign country who has admitted he gives the club a minimal amount of his time ?

Perhaps, these could be the next questions to put to the EFL ?

Is RD putting this club into disrepute & with it the EFL ?
    the EFL don't really care about anything so long as it fulfils its fixtures.
    And there ladies and gentlemen, is the bottom line.

Want to get the EFL involved? It is quite clear what action is required.

And I've got to the stage where I really don't care what sanctions are imposed as a result, as long as the objective is achieved.

Then there’s the answer ON THE PITCH and stop the game from taking place

Week in week out
    Wouldn’t be week in and week out though. We’d be forced to play behind closed doors after a couple of goes I reckon.
  • When CARD was in full swing I attended the Supporters Summit to speak about the ownership struggle at Wembley with @Pico and @PragueAddick.

Before we got our chance to speak Ian Lenegan had a long moment on the mic. At the time I tweeted this: "If I had a pound for every time Ian Lenagan said "possibility", "discussions" or "proposals" I'd be very rich. Fudgy. #SupportersSummit".

Nothing has changed and I have no time for the EFL. I have also kept to myself the feelings of the trust's decison to release the statement after the CARD call for a boycott (even though I had taken a backwards step from CARD "duties" by that point).

While I concede that this post could be construed as bringing up stuff from the past; my main point is that I believe that this is fantastic from the trust, and something they should continue pressing.

I've read the "CAST should act" thread and they have. I've no more ill feeling and I already know that the people currently on the board are some of the nicest, intelligent and most committed to CAFC people that you could wish to meet. (Well done for getting rid of @rikofold ... )

Arguing between ourselves is nonsense, while so easy to get sucked in to. We all want the same thing - the Belgian scrote to sell the club and FUCK OFF. Let's make sure we stick to that as our objective...

Careful @Addickted2TheReds Mate. A few more posts like this and people will start thinking you are more than just a male model. People might start thinking you are intelligent.
  • When CARD was in full swing I attended the Supporters Summit to speak about the ownership struggle at Wembley with @Pico and @PragueAddick.

Before we got our chance to speak Ian Lenegan had a long moment on the mic. At the time I tweeted this: "If I had a pound for every time Ian Lenagan said "possibility", "discussions" or "proposals" I'd be very rich. Fudgy. #SupportersSummit".

Nothing has changed and I have no time for the EFL. I have also kept to myself the feelings of the trust's decison to release the statement after the CARD call for a boycott (even though I had taken a backwards step from CARD "duties" by that point).

While I concede that this post could be construed as bringing up stuff from the past; my main point is that I believe that this is fantastic from the trust, and something they should continue pressing.

I've read the "CAST should act" thread and they have. I've no more ill feeling and I already know that the people currently on the board are some of the nicest, intelligent and most committed to CAFC people that you could wish to meet. (Well done for getting rid of @rikofold ... )

Arguing between ourselves is nonsense, while so easy to get sucked in to. We all want the same thing - the Belgian scrote to sell the club and FUCK OFF. Let's make sure we stick to that as our objective...

Careful @Addickted2TheReds Mate. A few more posts like this and people will start thinking you are more than just a male model. People might start thinking you are intelligent.
    Unlikely if you met him : - )

@Addickted2TheReds makes some good points and the EFL is a good way to TRY and get at Duchatelet. All power to this effort but it will be long term and indirect. It reminds me of Churchill's constant searches for other theatres of war (Galipoli, Norway) when the main threat was always elsewhere.

My fear is that, like the Olympic stadium campaign, it diverts too much time and resource away from direct attacks on the regime and direct focus on what is happening to Charlton now. It doesn't have to be either/or nor should it but this should not be a substitute for direct action against Duchatelet.

Not a male model, glad you think so though. My place? We won't tell my girlfriend or yours pal...

Ooh, talking of my girlfriend, and haven't mentioned it on here so far, but my mrs's Grandad is none other than Eddie Firmani!
    Did her mum used to work at Ravens Wood School? She found out Joe was a fan and said "Oh, my dad used to play for Charlton but you won't have heard of him" and was surprised when Joe had and said "yeah, scored a hundred goals in Seria A and England"

Not a male model, glad you think so though. My place? We won't tell my girlfriend or yours pal...

Ooh, talking of my girlfriend, and haven't mentioned it on here so far, but my mrs's Grandad is none other than Eddie Firmani!
    Did her mum used to work at Ravens Wood School? She found out Joe was a fan and said "Oh, my dad used to play for Charlton but you won't have heard of him" and was surprised when Joe had and said "yeah, scored a hundred goals in Seria A and England"
    Really confused me when you were talking about Joe, before realising what you obviously meant!

But yes, that's her mate!

Haha, brilliant story. Think my Mrs found it a bit weird that I knew of him! Think my Grandad found it a bit more cool than I did though when we met for my birthday meal recently, considering he used to watch him play!
  • Sponsored links:

Really confused me when you were talking about Joe, before realising what you obviously meant!

Haha, brilliant story. Think my Mrs found it a bit weird that I knew of him! Think my Grandad found it a bit more cool than I did though when we met for my birthday meal recently, considering he used to watch him play!
    A few of us @SoundAsa£ @No.1 in South London and others had a meal with Eddie in Downham, great evening.
  • JamesSeed said:

When CARD was in full swing I attended the Supporters Summit to speak about the ownership struggle at Wembley with @Pico and @PragueAddick.

I hope you're not going to go on on and about that mate ;-)
    Why do you say that mate? :-)

A few of us @SoundAsa£ @No.1 in South London and others had a meal with Eddie in Downham, great evening.
    Oh nice one!

If you need memorabilia for the museum give me a shout lol, sure something can be sorted!

Oh nice one!

If you need memorabilia for the museum give me a shout lol, sure something can be sorted!
    We've got some Eddie stuff the family might be interested in but yes, anything Charlton or Eddie related we'd be thrilled to have it. @Addickted2TheReds And if you know anyone in Beckenham who can pick it up for us..... : - )
  • My grandad's mate's uncle's friend's neighbour knew one of the turnstile operators at the Valley in the 30s.

No memorabilia I'm afraid but I've dined out on that for decades.
  • JamesSeed said:

When CARD was in full swing I attended the Supporters Summit to speak about the ownership struggle at Wembley with @Pico and @PragueAddick.

@JamesSeed is worried you'll nick his place on the CAST board @Addickted2TheReds : - )

Oh nice one!

We've got some Eddie stuff the family might be interested in but yes, anything Charlton or Eddie related we'd be thrilled to have it. @Addickted2TheReds And if you know anyone in Beckenham who can pick it up for us..... : - )
    No idea mate, I'm in Spain. :-)

Will get the best sort of stuff for you when I'm back mate.

Oh nice one!

Is your phone working now.
  • JamesSeed said:

@JamesSeed is worried you'll nick his place on the CAST board @Addickted2TheReds : - )
    The first ever contested election??

I might do that just for a laugh.... :-)

Oh nice one!

Is your phone working now.
    Negative.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

Maybe I'll stand against the both of you ; - )
  • JamesSeed said:

Only because it's what I'm famous for ;-)
  • edited August 2018

JamesSeed said:

Maybe I'll stand against the both of you ; - )
    Not worried about you if I'm honest, Ben... :-)
    I think you have to be a member so that rules me out.

• bobmunro said:

My grandad's mate's uncle's friend's neighbour knew one of the turnstile operators at the Valley in the 30s.

Rob Lee?
  • bobmunro said:

My grandad's mate's uncle's friend's neighbour knew one of the turnstile operators at the Valley in the 30s.

Rob Lee?
    If it was I'd like to know what the elixir of youth he has been taking. :wink:

I bet you didn't pay.
  • Addickted said:

I bet you didn't pay.
    I bet i did
  • Addickted said:

I bet you didn't pay.
    I bet i did
    Kept the receipt for the taxman though
  • Addickted said:

Addickted said:

I bet you didn't pay.
    I bet i did
    Kept the receipt for the taxman though
    certainly not