Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018/2019 Betting Thread

Comments

• Options

Saturday was the day I finally hung up my football betting boots. £20 on three draws, Swansea drew, Cardiff drew, was waiting on donny game for £750, Wycombe get a 90th mon equaliser, cash out offered at £500, but because im a greedy prick that hates cash out, i ignored that, only for Wycombe to get a 94th min winner. Utter wank.

Unlucky mate, probably not actually going to quit though? thats a harsh bad beat

I love some value when it comes to betting.

PFA young player of the year which is a glorified popularity vote.

Rashford 8/1
    Declan Rice 14/1

Wouldn't go near anything like this, essentially like betting on reality tv, most likely the fave will win too unless there is something significant in between. I say that i have bet on X factor before and BB but live and learn.
  • Options
    Bradford at home to Southend 7/5
    Notts Forest at home to Bristol City 11/8
    Scunthorpe at home to Sunderland 14/5
    Fleetwood away to Rochdale 19/10

Personally feel the above are good value this weekend, not much form/substance. just my opinion
  • Options
    6fold £5-£178.62
    Lincoln
    Watford
    Derby
    Boro
    Bradford
    Charlton (sorrrry)

5fold £5-£410.37
    Newcastle(risky after midweek but cardiff, prob double chance be better)
    Nott forest
    Luton
    Scunthorpe
    Cochester

5fold £5- £208.39
    QPR
    Barnsley
    Doncaster
    Luton(eek didn't realise in 2 but Peterborough haven't been in great form)
    Fleetwood

BTTS and win £2-£1,125
    Exeter
    Fleetwood
    Notts forest
    Everton

Not too sure this is good betting this week but going with the gut sometimes works out well... good luck all
  • Options
    Forest new manager
  • Options
    OK, so the past few weeks I've been looking at odds and stats for cards.
    I only bet a couple of quid on a weekend but I'm a saddo for a good stat and happily spend ages looking at anything where I can compare sets of numbers. Betting is secondary really but this just makes a change from doing a £2 both teams to score acca that always seems to miss by one.

Past 3 weeks I've looked at "teams to get the most booking points"
    3 weeks ago - 14/1 winner (treble)
    2 weeks ago - 1 game let me down on a 4fold
    last week - 11/1 winner (treble)

what surprises me are the odds and value available, I can only imagine odds for these markets are thrown together with less effort than bigger markets in bigger leagues.

For example, Wimbledon v Barnsley today:
    Wimbledon average 0.7 yellow cards per home game
    Barnsley average 2.5 yellow cards per away game
    But the odds for Barnsley to get more booking points for the game is 2/1

Now I know nothing is certain and its likely to be just as random as both teams to score betting. But when it comes to value I think there is potential there.
    I also know now I’ve mentioned it here and put my thoughts into writing it’ll all go to pot BUT anyone can pick Man City to beat Huddersfield, I’m looking at value where the odds don’t reflect the stats.

Anyone else noticed certain markets/areas that could be exposed or at the very least studied a bit more?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    You’re on the right path for certain. Plugging away for value is the only way to win long term.
  • Options

I only bet a couple of quid on a weekend but I'm a saddo for a good stat and happily spend ages looking at anything where I can compare sets of numbers. Betting is secondary really but this just makes a change from doing a £2 both teams to score acca that always seems to miss by one.

what surprises me are the odds and value available, I can only imagine odds for these markets are thrown together with less effort than bigger markets in bigger leagues.

Now I know nothing is certain and its likely to be just as random as both teams to score betting. But when it comes to value I think there is potential there.
    I also know now I’ve mentioned it here and put my thoughts into writing it’ll all go to pot BUT anyone can pick Man City to beat Huddersfield, I’m looking at value where the odds don’t reflect the stats.

Anyone else noticed certain markets/areas that could be exposed or at the very least studied a bit more?

Interesting, also feel free to divulge your bet before 3pm please so we can back it as i dont really look into the stats. Definitely sounds like great value
  • Options
    Wasn’t to be today but I’m definitely going to keep looking at it.
    Maybe singles are the way to go rather than greedy accumulators.
    One of my selections, Doncaster was 5/2 on its own
  • Options

Bournemouth cost me a 105-1 8 fold today.

Gutted

Coventry cost me 540/1 6 fold yesterday. 2 draws Cardiff and Sunderland, 2 aways inc. us and Blackburn, 2 home Brentford a d Coventry. Really thought Coventry would pull off the late winner like they did against us, but no. I would have had quite an exciting Smallwall match if Coventry had obliged!!!
    That's a bookies benefit bet. The aways and draws were average of about 9/4 and two homes at say evens. The best fourfold pays 111/1 the 5 you got in 222/1. Surely you at least cover 6 five folds and 1 sixfold. At those prices I'd perm 15 four folds as well.

I did Charlton, Ipswich Burnley, Coventry Grimsby yesterday 10 trebles, 5 fours and all 5. I got a small profit on the treble I did get in.
    @RaplhMilne I only ever do small accas. This one was £2, so I’m not interested in perming. Today I missed out on a 5 fold. Thought our lot were going to let me down but it was Blackpool where I needed a home win. It’s inevitably one results that does me. But I’m not too bothered at 2 or 3 quid once or twice a week.
  • Options
    Bloke in work had all sorts of overs corners, overs cards, overs goals, sending off etc combos flying in all over the place. He’s hundreds up.

I had Gillingham to beat Walsall...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We are 5/6 to beat Accrington at home and even more surprisingly Barnsley are 19/20 to beat Dons albeit at wimbledon. Gone for a double.

Wish I had put more on. Seemed easy money!
  • Options
    It always does.
  • Options

We are 5/6 to beat Accrington at home and even more surprisingly Barnsley are 19/20 to beat Dons albeit at wimbledon. Gone for a double.

Wish I had put more on. Seemed easy money!
    File this under ‘things I wouldn’t have said after 89 minutes’
  • Options
    Second Sunday in a row ive got my head in my hands... Only 50-1 this time. Had hearts, spurs, iran, barce, lyon, man c, napoli, marseille... And ajax...

Why I picked Ajax I will never know they were 1/20 to win. I got literally NO value from it.

Gutted and totally annoyed with myself (they drew 4-4 conceding in the 91st minute after being 3-1 up btw)

• Options
    edited January 2019
  • Options
    Very nice. Treat yourself and add an egg in that sandwich.
  • Options
    Near miss last night £5 freebet on a fourfold
    Forest Green
    Walsall
    Fleetwood
    Lincoln
    Walsall only team not winning 2-0 had the option to cashout £28.69, however i didnt see the value with £140 total had they won. They then proceeded to go down 2-0 :(
  • Options
    Plymouth had won the last 3! Why back Walsall!!
  • Options

Plymouth were at the bottom, i didn't really know they had won the last 3 if im honest. Walsall always seem like a team who can turn up or beat the bottom teams but obviously i didn't research the form and the prices were fairly even home or away so could have gone for Plymouth if i looked at form.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Bets on semi early, FA cup is kind of unpredictable.
    £3 on return £188.60
    Bristol City
    Arsenal
    Derby
    Brighton
    Boro
    Wolves
    Swansea
    Everton

£5 on returns £135.69
    Aston Villa
    Leeds
    Stoke
    Barnsley
    Exeter
    Inverness CT

£5 returns £265.65 (Aways)
    Charlton
    Sheffield U
    Luton
    Lincoln

BTTS and win £2 on returns £704.17 - Probably will be nowhere near
    Watford
    Blackburn
    Fleetwood
    Wycombe
  • Options

Plymouth were at the bottom, i didn't really know they had won the last 3 if im honest. Walsall always seem like a team who can turn up or beat the bottom teams but obviously i didn't research the form and the prices were fairly even home or away so could have gone for Plymouth if i looked at form.
    flashscores.co.uk is your friend
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

flashscores.co.uk is your friend
    clearly not :wink:@IdleHans

In all fairness i have been mixing between following form and just picking ones i fancy this season, mixed results for both and overall done ok. This week i have not looked btw :smile:
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I prefer SofaScore to FlashScores. The in play charts can be super helpful for judging the flow of a match.
  • Options
    @stackitsteve check out Mark O’Haire on Twitter. He’s just put up a load of data for this weekend around booking points, fouls, teams and referees. Interesting stuff.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

@stackitsteve check out Mark O’Haire on Twitter. He’s just put up a load of data for this weekend around booking points, fouls, teams and referees. Interesting stuff.

Yeah seen that. A lot of it very similar to my own stuff
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    They’ve had a tough run of results lately but I think there is value in the Peterborough price for tomorrow at 6/4. Especially if we’re missing both Lyle and Karlan.
  • Options
    I've had a cheeky pound on the man u arsenal game, 2 corners each team each half btts in each half xaka and Shaw to be booked and lingard to score. Only the 600-1 lol. Halfway there...!
  • Options
    Last weeks 6 team, 12-1 act has 5 winners and down to Fulham to beat Brighton... had thought they would have smashed a little more cash but instead they have Ryan Babbel
  • Options
    I had a £5er on Charlton to win the title at 25/1 prior to beating Accrington. Felt it was rude to not have another go at 33/1.

A win today and the bookies might start finally showing us the respect we deserve.