Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Celtic Champions Already??

Comments

• Congrats to Rangers for qualifying for the Europa League tonight
    Huge blow to Rangers that, especially this year with the minimum games increase. 
  • Rangers fans of my acquaintance are very worried that the gap with the Celts will just get wider and wider after last night. They have pretty much conceded the league this year.

Personally I want Scottish football to somehow develop a third , fourth or even fifth club to become competitive and be realistic challengers. The fact that Hearts took an average L1 midfielder in Scott Fraser on loan last year showed the bad quality of most teams in the SPL. They are probably L1 standard.

I have often observed that Sir Alex Ferguson making Aberdeen competitive  consistently against the Old Firm in the 80's matches his achievements at Old Trafford. I appreciate that was a different era.

Although I usually prefer Celtic in head to heads , this is mainly because I have mostly worked with their fans over the years , I would prefer another team to break through and I was also pleased when Gerrard claimed the title a couple of years ago because the nine in a row had become boring.

For the health of the game I like competition.
  • Richard J said:
    Rangers fans of my acquaintance are very worried that the gap with the Celts will just get wider and wider after last night. They have pretty much conceded the league this year.

Personally I want Scottish football to somehow develop a third , fourth or even fifth club to become competitive and be realistic challengers. The fact that Hearts took an average L1 midfielder in Scott Fraser on loan last year showed the bad quality of most teams in the SPL. They are probably L1 standard.

I have often observed that Sir Alex Ferguson making Aberdeen competitive  consistently against the Old Firm in the 80's matches his achievements at Old Trafford. I appreciate that was a different era.

Although I usually prefer Celtic in head to heads , this is mainly because I have mostly worked with their fans over the years , I would prefer another team to break through and I was also pleased when Gerrard claimed the title a couple of years ago because the nine in a row had become boring.

A shocking decision from the referee turned last nights match, but all in all I would agree with your friends assessment of Rangers chances. Celtic have kept more of their stars (by Scottish standards) than I would have expected and Rangers have been far less ambiguities in the transfer market than I wanted. 

I watched the Hibs v Celtic match at the weekend, Celtic didn’t break a sweat in winning 2-0.
  • Richard J said:
    Rangers fans of my acquaintance are very worried that the gap with the Celts will just get wider and wider after last night. They have pretty much conceded the league this year.

Very little chance of that when every summer both Celtic and Rangers can spend more than the rest of the division combined.

Celtic i think spent more on one player (Adam Idah) than the rest of the league (except Rangers) have spent combined.
  • Would be great to see another team 'do a Leicester' and win it, sadly just can't see it, the financial gap is just too big and getting bigger.
  • Celtic currently tearing Rangers apart. 2-0 up and Rangers are lucky it's not at least 4.

It's like watching Man City at home to a championship team.
  • Celtic struggling at half time in the Old Firm game
  • 2 - 0 not reflecting the game. Celtic need to get a couple more second half. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Celtic currently tearing Rangers apart. 2-0 up and Rangers are lucky it's not at least 4.

It's like watching Man City at home to a championship team.
    The gap is enormous. Quite concerning. 
  • Bhoys against boys.

• Not so sure about this VAR decision. Not the best angle to be making it.
  • Celtic really poor in 2nd half, only scored once
  • Clement’s last Old Firm game I think. 
  • Kris boyd has just had a great rant and fair play to him. 
  • Kris boyd has just had a great rant and fair play to him. 
    He was spot on that not a single Rangers player gets in that Celtic team
  • edited September 1
    mart77 said:
    Kris boyd has just had a great rant and fair play to him. 
    Celtic makes things happen, Rangers hope things happen.
  • mart77 said:
    Kris boyd has just had a great rant and fair play to him. 
    Celtic makes things happen, Rangers hope things happen.
    Long may it continue... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sky Sports Scotland twitter have some great clips of Kris Boyd laying into Rangers.

Says not a single rangers player would get in a combined old firm side.
  • mart77 said:
    Clement’s last Old Firm game I think. 
    He claimed that rangers average age was a lot lower than Celtic’s. He’s was right, 26 years verses 27 years.
  • Were there any away fans , I don't think there was , are they letting them back in soon for this fixture .
  • Were there any away fans , I don't think there was , are they letting them back in soon for this fixture .
    Think the next few derby games will have at least 800 fans in.
  • Why not yesterday ?
  • Why not yesterday ?
    Away fans were meant to be back this season.  However, with Rangers stadium situation, they advised that they couldn’t guarantee allowing Celtic fans in to at least their first home game.  As a result, Celtic held off allowing away fans in until Rangers are able to confirm they can comply. 
  • Rangers are going to have to find a way of beating Celtic head to head if they are going to stand any chance of winning the title. On yesterday’s showing that looks difficult. Celtic may well indeed have already won the title.
  • Rangers fans are prolly pleased they haven't been allowed in at Celtic in recent times .
    get your fucking act together you sweaty freaks and make a game of it 
  • Rangers fans are prolly pleased they haven't been allowed in at Celtic in recent times .
    get your fucking act together you sweaty freaks and make a game of it 
    Think the last game away fans were allowed in, 7K Celtic fans at Ibrox, rangers 2 up, Celtic pulled one back and then went down to 10 men. Celtic went on to win 3-2.