Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jake Forster-Caskey has done his ACL

Comments

• Still nothing official on this.

Think they are awaiting scan results. Our physios suspect ACL and they are not usually wrong. But waiting to be 100%.
  • Yet another ACL injury on a 4G pitch.

how do you know they weren't on grass ???
    Exactly what I was going to say. Normally on a Thursday they work on shape in and out of possession, tactics, and a small sided game to implement certain things on the grass outside the building nearer the gym.

Why would they have been on the 4G yesterday?
  • This will put a real downer on the trip to Sunderland for the lads.

When I was in Portugal last month and watched the England game at the same place, he seemed like one of the groups main banter men.

When will Charlton ever EVER get any luck!

If true. Best of luck on the recovery
  • edited August 2018
    robroy said:

This will put a real downer on the trip to Sunderland for the lads.

When I was in Portugal last month and watched the England game at the same place, he seemed like one of the groups main banter men.

When will Charlton ever EVER get any luck!

If true. Best of luck on the recovery

The worst thing the lads who are still fit is feel sorry for themselves.
  • Got to feel for JFC, who I think is in the last year of his contract - especially in the current climate at the club.
  • If he had stayed fit, you wouldn't have put it past Roland to try and sell him in the lasthour of the hour of the transfer window.
  • This is going to be devastating. Was easily our best player last year Imo. Gave everything. For the love of Christ dont let it be true.
  • I noticed that he has been unusually quite on Instagram last couple of days but the one post he has liked in the last day or so is ibrahimovic post about acl recovery
  • Sponsored links:

• @Redhenry do you have any more updates or clarification on this?

No
  • IdleHans said:

Laddick01 said:

I’d hate to be Olly Groome or anyone associated with our social media platforms over the next couple of weeks

Olly's on easy street - internet's been switched off at Charlton
    Wish that were true hut rumour has it he's giving press updates via carrier pigeon now.
  • SDAddick said:

IdleHans said:

Laddick01 said:

I’d hate to be Olly Groome or anyone associated with our social media platforms over the next couple of weeks

Olly's on easy street - internet's been switched off at Charlton
    Wish that were true hut rumour has it he's giving press updates via carrier pigeon now.
    Ridiculously extravagant - there's nothing wrong with a message in a bottle or two tins can and a piece of string.
  • No word from Bowyer on this today? Seems a bit weird.
  • Scoham said:
    Yeah bit of hope for me. Surely if he was injured they would mention he injured himself and training and are waiting on scans etc in the match report?
  • I noticed that he has been unusually quite on Instagram last couple of days but the one post he has liked in the last day or so is ibrahimovic post about acl recovery

If this is true it's fairly conclusive that he has done his too
  • and Pratley and Taylor set to miss the game. So it’s our normal defence plus the u23s
  • Sponsored links:

• If it does transpire that jfc is injured following what’s just been put up on the OS, then the lunatics really have taken over the asylum.
  • Mike said:

I noticed that he has been unusually quite on Instagram last couple of days but the one post he has liked in the last day or so is ibrahimovic post about acl recovery

Is it?
    He's liked 1 post which could be about anything in the world and it happens to be about recovering from an acl injury? To me yeah
  • edited August 2018
    Mike said:

Mike said:

I noticed that he has been unusually quite on Instagram last couple of days but the one post he has liked in the last day or so is ibrahimovic post about acl recovery

Is it?
    He's liked 1 post which could be about anything in the world and it happens to be about recovering from an acl injury? To me yeah
    It's circumstantial Mike and could be coincidental but not necessarily conclusive.
  • If it does transpire that jfc is injured following what’s just been put up on the OS, then the lunatics really have taken over the asylum.

If JFC is injured why say right before a game though as it tells Sunderland they dont have to worry about him

Like the "supposed" England team sheet that got leaked, why would you give away anything about your team that could aid the opposition just to appease the fans who may / may not have heard nothing more than a rumour

In a way by keeping quiet its working to our advantage as Sunderland will be questionning whether he's playing or not (if they've heard the rumour) so will now be wondering who'll be playing in his stead and whether they need to adjust their tactics accordingly

i.e. Bowyer admitted after the Plymouth game that we targeted their Defensive Midfielder to keep them quiet, his whole prep in the days leading up to that game would have been buggered had he not played
    Using that theory, why say Pratley and Taylor are likely to miss out then. Fucking hell, why bother putting that out at 9.30 at nite before a game if you’re just going to tell a pack of lies.

If JFC is injured why say right before a game though as it tells Sunderland they dont have to worry about him

Like the "supposed" England team sheet that got leaked, why would you give away anything about your team that could aid the opposition just to appease the fans who may / may not have heard nothing more than a rumour

In a way by keeping quiet its working to our advantage as Sunderland will be questionning whether he's playing or not (if they've heard the rumour) so will now be wondering who'll be playing in his stead and whether they need to adjust their tactics accordingly

i.e. Bowyer admitted after the Plymouth game that we targeted their Defensive Midfielder to keep them quiet, his whole prep in the days leading up to that game would have been buggered had he not played
    I admire your optimism but we’re getting beat 5-0 regardless of the pre-match mind games. I’m sure Sunderland will be quaking in their boots when they find George Lapslie is playing in his place!

Using that theory, why say Pratley and Taylor are likely to miss out then. Fucking hell, why bother putting that out at 9.30 at nite before a game if you’re just going to tell a pack of lies.
    Because its still making the Sunderland boss think!!

If Jack Ross has done his research properly he'll have seen from the Crawley report that Taylor went off injured whilst Pratley hasnt had the game time so again is obvious he may not start yet should be involved at some stage

Hell the amount of times I read that Giggs was injured before Man Utd would play us yet then appear it was a joke yet understandably done

Else by many theories on here... If stating if a player is injured or not why not just name your team the night or days before the game?
  • edited August 2018

If it does transpire that jfc is injured following what’s just been put up on the OS, then the lunatics really have taken over the asylum.

I admire your optimism but we’re getting beat 5-0 regardless of the pre-match mind games. I’m sure Sunderland will be quaking in their boots when they find George Lapslie is playing in his place!
    Are we? - Fucking hell some dont learn do they, disgusted by the line up last week yet we still won!!

Someone tell me what is so bloody great about Sunderland at the moment??? - half their squad is injured too, Jack Ross dont just have to rebuild his squad yet has to rebuild their confidence too!!... TWO wins is all they got at the Stadium of Light last season, you dont just stop that rot and turn in around in an instance!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018%E2%80%9319_Sunderland_A.F.C._season#Pre-season_friendlies

This is your MIGHTY Sunderland that are going to beat us 5-0 when they've had a pretty shite pre-season?
  • and Pratley and Taylor set to miss the game. So it’s our normal defence plus the u23s

Getting utterly ridiculous now!