Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jake Forster-Caskey has done his ACL

Comments

• Wonder who'll take the corners and free-kicks (Aribo? Lapslie?) if JFC is out for the season
  • clb74 said:

According to Red Henry in the Sunderland v Charlton thread. He's usually correct.
    So I make it, we have 11 fit first teamers (not Academy) to start the season.
    Relegation beckons if we don't strengthen soon.

Strengthen with What?
    Duck tape?
  • cafc4life said:

Please don't be true

Hopefully not true but the silence from da cloob is deafening......
    Which is most unusual - they are usually so forthcoming with information........
  • Wonder who'll take the corners and free-kicks (Aribo? Lapslie?) if JFC is out for the season

Probably somebody who has never taken a corner in their life.
  • Fuuuuuuuuck this season
  • Page? I guess we'd need him back defending
  • cafc4life said:

Please don't be true

Hopefully not true but the silence from da cloob is deafening......
    Which is most unusual - they are usually so forthcoming with information........
    They'll need a proper medical diagnosis before making any announcement.

To publish anything else beforehand is just a guess and speculation.

Probably Jackson
  • Sponsored links:

Wonder who'll take the corners and free-kicks (Aribo? Lapslie?) if JFC is out for the season

The opposition.

With our remaining squad the chances of us being so far upfield that we could even win a corner or attacking free-kick are remote.

At this rate we're going to struggle to compete in a 5-a-side league this season. :disappointed:
  • edited August 2018
    Is our treatment room big enough for all these long term injuries? this is getting beyond a joke. Pratley needs to come in for lt least 60 mins and we need to get people in pronto!
  • I might well have to not make too daring dares this season if we do go down. For example I won't go as far wearing a burka like I said previously in more recent seasons.

Probably Jackson
    Then he can sprint into the box to head a last minute winner from his own corner. Problem is that his legs have gone.
  • I appreciate RedHenry is a respected poster, but seems a bit early to say he is definitely out for the season.
  • I appreciate RedHenry is a respected poster, but seems a bit early to say he is definitely out for the season.

RedHenry only said that he had an ACL, dont think he said about the longevity of the issue

RedHenry only said that he had an ACL, dont think he said about the longevity of the issue
    I am glad to hear he has an ACL, hopefully two!
  • As much as it is luck there is weight to pay to the fact this lot will be overworked or at least not resting sufficiently, it can be above coincidental when there's a constant string of injuries. (May well be horrible luck in a bad challenge during training, don't know the details).

But, battling top half of League One. Ffs.

I accept your comment about "overworked", but I don't think JFC can be overworked. We haven't kicked a ball in anger yet!
  • Sponsored links:

Yeah fair enough my mistake, i just think with speculation around injuries its better to wait for the official site says.
  • I agree with addick05 sentiments completely with my support being over 54 years a season ticket holder till we saw what a disaster Roland is. It’s just so sad where we are now. Could never envisage a time when I was almost apathetic about CAFC
  • If JFC has torn his ACL he will be out for pretty much the whole season 6-9 months after surgery.

If it is a grade I or II sprain that doesn’t require surgery a month or two.

Hopefully it’s neither.
  • Yet another ACL injury on a 4G pitch.

Yeah fair enough my mistake, i just think with speculation around injuries its better to wait for the official site says.
    With our clubs current track record, you might be waiting a while!

how do you know they weren't on grass ???
  • @Redhenry do you have any more updates or clarification on this?
  • addick05 said:

In my nearly 52 years following this club I can honestly say I have NEVER felt so discouraged and lacking any real interest in an upcoming season before a ball has been kicked. To think this is all down to ONE man and his bonkers ideas on how to run a football club. Why us? What as a club have we ever done to deserve such a fate?

I think everyone has asked that same question again and again and again.
  • Still nothing official on this.

how do you know they weren't on grass ???
    Could’ve been in a ditch.