Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Failing to name driver prosecution

Comments

• Options

A nurse friend of mine (I am not a nurse just in case any if you were wondering) already had 9 points on her licence and got caught going through two cans on the M1 smart motorway section. This accrued a further 6 points. She attended court with a solicitor and sue to the potential impact to her and the NHS she was given a £600 fine but allowed to keep her licence which now has 15 points on it.

If you exceed 12 points you can escape a totting ban if you can show that a ban would cause you exceptional hardship. You can only do this once, you would have to be banned if you received further points.
    That's patently untrue. There are people out there with more than FIFTY points on their license still driving around: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/driver-62-penalty-points-licence-exceed-limit-still-on-road-investigation-bbc-a7594891.html
    What sort of circumstances would allow someone with these sort of points to be allowed to carry on driving ?
    Insurance costs must be prohibitive too. Hard to believe any company would insure someone at that level.
  • Options
    He needs to write in requesting a Statutory Declaration....admitting he was rhe driver as stated but a few little white lies of he left the company and never received some of the letters...and that should bring the sentence tariff and fine down.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

He needs to write in requesting a Statutory Declaration....admitting he was rhe driver as stated but a few little white lies of he left the company and never received some of the letters...and that should bring the sentence tariff and fine down.

Good idea but don't forget that if it goes to court the defendant has to swear under oath to 'Tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth'. :wink:
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Far more risky are the arseholes on their phones with impunity or dicking about with phones acting as satnavs or dash cams or all the other shite people have.

can you please explain the problem with using phone for navigation?

It's illegal

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/satnav-mobile-phone-drivers-illegal-police-fine-200-npc-bank-holiday-roads-gps-a7912191.html
    Doesn’t actually say it’s illegal though, does it.

It’s totally legal to use a sat nav, or phone as sat nav, providing it is not within certain windscreen zones. The link above points out that you are not allowed to touch the handset whilst driving.

Sooooo.... if I set up google maps on phone in a suitably placed holder in advance of a journey.... what problem could now be found?
  • Options

Addickted said:

Far more risky are the arseholes on their phones with impunity or dicking about with phones acting as satnavs or dash cams or all the other shite people have.

It's illegal

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/satnav-mobile-phone-drivers-illegal-police-fine-200-npc-bank-holiday-roads-gps-a7912191.html

It’s totally legal to use a sat nav, or phone as sat nav, providing it is not within certain windscreen zones. The link above points out that you are not allowed to touch the handset whilst driving.

Sooooo.... if I set up google maps on phone in a suitably placed holder in advance of a journey.... what problem could now be found?
    Well, like very many other motoring offences, the actual evidence is the testimony of a traffic officer.

Search images "black rat police" to see the wide range of "amusing" merchandise available to such officers. Gauge yourself the lack of regard trafpol have for members of the public. And draw your own conclusions as to what problem could be found.

• Options

Addickted said:

It's illegal

You didn't say that though.
  • Options
    It's already been to Court and he's be found guilty of not disclosing the driver under section 172. And as a result the fine etc already imposed by the Court. The Statutory Declaration is his way of getting it back into court with mitigating circumstances...trust me....the tariff will be reduced!!
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Addickted said:

It's illegal

Well, like very many other motoring offences, the actual evidence is the testimony of a traffic officer.

Search images "black rat police" to see the wide range of "amusing" merchandise available to such officers. Gauge yourself the lack of regard trafpol have for members of the public. And draw your own conclusions as to what problem could be found.

Any fucking idiot displaying a black rat sticker on their car nowadays is likely to get absolutely rinsed by any copper who spots it. They ceased to be of any value around about the time ANPR (and thus instant access to PNC data) became a thing (eg: around 15 years ago). That's not to say that coppers don't abuse the system all the time - they absolutely do (witness the off-duty copper who drove poxy great gouges down the side of my former brother-in-law's car on a main road in Croydon at 3 o'clock in the morning but wasn't even breathalysed on the scene...) just that the 'black rat' myth propagates to this day like an urban legend when, in reality, if it ever did exist, it ceased to be relevant donkeys years ago
  • Options

Come @cafcfan1990 , time to come clean.

Why did you bury your head in the sand ?!?

Very funny but unfortunately you were the third person to suggest that so it's already got boring.

Many mistakes in my life but burying my head is not one of them. My shit last year taught me to fight everything head on and I wouldn't let something like this happened.

Not everybody the same though and people make mistakes, I certainly am not holding it against him.
    Why have you posted this on a football forum without expecting any banter? What do you want football supporters to say? I posted on here a while back to ask if anyone had any experience of kidney dialysis and / or kidney transplantation and got some brilliant advice and well wishes back, along with a load of banter and piss taking, which I generally expected and took on the chin.
    Sense of humour then, all for a bit of banter but maybe just because I find repetitive comments unfunny that I didn't "take it on the chin". When the first person did the same I had a joke back. You were a bit late to the party so I was already bored of it.

I posted on here because I thought people could help, which many have which is appreciated. This may well be a football forum but has plenty of good people on here who could provide help/advice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018

It seems that some of the younger generation believe that if you "bury your head in the sand" it will all go away.

I respectfully suggest that your friend learns his lesson and isn't as foolish again.

Have you never been stressed before? There are many people with mental health problems who cannot face opening post - particularly with depression.

Really annoying post.
    Having serious mental health problems and being a bit stressed are entirely different. If you ignore things they don't go away.

You have to take responsibility sometimes and face up to things - if you don't the outcome will invariably be worse.
    Sure if you ignore things they don't go away. But the point I was making is that some people with mental health problems cannot face opening post etc. I thought the comment about it being 'youngsters burying their head in the sand' showed a lack of awareness (quite possibly because the poster had never felt any level of stress). Then to follow it with the patronising 'I respectfully suggest....' finished his thoughtless, pompous post off nicely.
  • Options

Surprised a ban was given in absence. That can't happen in Scotland. If a person fails to appear in court here then it's likely a warrant will be granted for their arrest.

They are given the chance to attend. If they choose not to then they can be banned in absence.
  • Options

It seems that some of the younger generation believe that if you "bury your head in the sand" it will all go away.

I respectfully suggest that your friend learns his lesson and isn't as foolish again.

Have you never been stressed before? There are many people with mental health problems who cannot face opening post - particularly with depression.

Really annoying post.
    Having serious mental health problems and being a bit stressed are entirely different. If you ignore things they don't go away.

You have to take responsibility sometimes and face up to things - if you don't the outcome will invariably be worse.
    Sure if you ignore things they don't go away. But the point I was making is that some people with mental health problems cannot face opening post etc. I thought the comment about it being 'youngsters burying their head in the sand' showed a lack of awareness (quite possibly because the poster had never felt any level of stress). Then to follow it with the patronising 'I respectfully suggest....' finished his thoughtless, pompous post off nicely.
    The comment about 'youngsters' I take your point but I do think when it comes to legal stuff that people with mental health issues are capable of dealing with it in a lot of cases. There are an awful lot of depressed/stressed people having to get on with their lives.

Life is tough for a lot of people...
  • Options

Really annoying post.

Yet their mental health issues allows them to drive a vehicle, fill it up with fuel, get it serviced, insure and tax it, get it's MOT?

Sorry don't buy that. If they cannot open their mail then they're not fit to make the instantaneous decisions we have to make on our daily drives.
  • Options
    Classic CL thread
  • Options

Classic CL thread

It is now Henners. :wink:
  • Options

Really annoying post.

The comment about 'youngsters' I take your point but I do think when it comes to legal stuff that people with mental health issues are capable of dealing with it in a lot of cases. There are an awful lot of depressed/stressed people having to get on with their lives.

Life is tough for a lot of people...
    I agree that some people with mental health issues can deal with it. However, a lot can't. Having been an inmate in a few psychiatric hospitals I can confirm that it's quite common.

Yes life is tough - and the OP implied that his friend was having problems. A lot of the folk I meet in hospital start off just having 'problems' but them they escalate (as his has) and it MAYBE, just maybe, that a mental health problem is one aspect. Not having a go at you, at all, I just wanted to point out to the pomous poster who went on about youngsters that not everyone lives as easy a life as he clearly does.

Now off mental health soapbox.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Really annoying post.

Yet their mental health issues allows them to drive a vehicle, fill it up with fuel, get it serviced, insure and tax it, get it's MOT?

Sorry don't buy that. If they cannot open their mail then they're not fit to make the instantaneous decisions we have to make on our daily drives.

If only it were that simple.

Some mental health disorders don't allow you to drive during the episode. E.g. when I'm in a manic episode I'm not allowed to drive and have to wait until I've been 'stable' on medication for 3 months. Last time it took 9 months :neutral:
  • Options

Addickted said:

Really annoying post.

You really don’t have any understanding of what mental health issues mean do you ?

Well I certainly don't consider not opening your mail a mental health issue.

Unless they don't open any of their mail and that wasn't the suggestion by the OP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

Addickted said:

Really annoying post.

You really don’t have any understanding of what mental health issues mean do you ?

Unless they don't open any of their mail and that wasn't the suggestion by the OP
    But it is. My other half sometimes goes weeks without being able to face opening her mail.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Addickted said:

Really annoying post.

Not opening mail is not a mental health issue. The reason why the mail is not opened might well be.

I find it amazing that anyone can glibly pass off people’s problems that they have no idea about in the blasé way you have.

• Options
    Actually thinking about it, I've had a "phobia" about looking at my emails in the past an all
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Really annoying post.
    Ok I retract. I recommend that no one opens their post anymore. You know it makes sense.

NB if it makes you feel better I do suffer with stress, so much so that it gave me ulcerative colitis and I had to stop work at 49.
  • Options

Really annoying post.
    Ok I retract. I recommend that no one opens their post anymore. You know it makes sense.
    Tit
  • Options
    Guys,

Be a bit more considerate and a bit less chippy.

We're all pissed off with the non-takeover but because you don't have an issue with something doesnt mean others don't and vice versa.
  • Options

Really annoying post.

NB if it makes you feel better I do suffer with stress, so much so that it gave me ulcerative colitis and I had to stop work at 49.
    I do think you have a point. There's many people out there who say they are depressed when it's a bit of everyday stress that millions cope with day in day out.

But there's an awful lot of people out there too who are struggling with genuine depression. My mum suffered with it more than we realised and opening post was one of the factors. She clearly had good days and bad days and it wasn't particularly about bills and debts either. When she died we found unopened birthdays cards and even a cheque from a company she swore blind never sent her the money. So you should respect the fact that mental health can affect people in several different ways and it doesn't necessarily mean they are burying their head in the sand nor does it only affect the younger generation
  • Options

Addickted said:

Addickted said:

Really annoying post.

Not opening mail is not a mental health issue. The reason why the mail is not opened might well be.

I find it amazing that anyone can glibly pass off people’s problems that they have no idea about in the blasé way you have.

So are all our lives problems mental health issues?

We all have problems and issues with modern life, very minor problems to some people but a major problem for the individual. Since when have they all been diagnosed as 'mental health' issues?

Seek help or deal with it yourself, but don't start screaming mental health when you have one of a myriad of problems thrown at you on a regular basis as you go through life.

I can assure you that I'm not responding to this in a 'blasé way' as you suggest.

• Options

Guys,

Be a bit more considerate and a bit less chippy.

We're all pissed off with the non-takeover but because you don't have an issue with something doesnt mean others don't and vice versa.

Tell that to Chinese Stu.