Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Playing Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    Bit the bullet, signed up for flexi membership at Birchwood today with working from home being the norm for a while it will get its use
    How busy is Birchwood at the moment?  Love the 15th-18th finishing holes - tough closing stretch. 
  • Options
    Bexleyheath are offering 50% off for 1st year, lot of people mention the same things it’s 9 hole and a bit criss Crossy. 
  • Options
    Birch is busy, but I’ve played it 3 time’s early to mid afternoon and I’ve got round in 3hrs each time. The 2 balls and 10mins gaps really work for pace of play (& social distancing) 

just desperate for a cold beer after!! 
  • Options
    If a putt hits the flag under the new Covid rules does it count as holed?

• Options

Not unless it hits the flag and goes in!
  • Options

If it bounces out and you have upturned cups it can be considered holed.

IF your club has agreed that rule l
  • Options
    Clear as mud. 

Hit the flag, went over the foam and bounced out...

Holed? 😂
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I am a member of Bexleyheath & before Covid it was rarely busy and afternoons especially the course was pretty free. Weekends are more busy & Sunday mornings are club competitions. Currently it is two balls only with 10 minutes between tee times & you can play 18 in 3 hours fairly easily & club comps are suspended. Again mornings are busy but afternoon/evenings not so. The course is in great condition, the fairways are turning brown at the mo but greens are immaculate. The course does have 4 holes that cross each other with fairways that border each other but sensible play keeps play safe (there is a code of priority on these holes). The holes are a challenge & a few hills to walk up & the members are friendly with quite a few Charlton fans. First year membership is half price & the normal range of memberships are available. Being a 9 hole it is obviously easy to play a quick 9 or even 13 as the 4th/13th green is close to the clubhouse. 
  • Options
    Played the 9 hole at Birchwood with my 11 year old son today.  Really busy, but all managed within the social distancing.  All the tee mats have been replaced and the course was in good nick, £10 each
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Clear as mud. 

Hit the flag, went over the foam and bounced out...

Holed? 😂
    No idea. What wrong with having a hole. Only you pick the ball out so can't see the problem. If its to do with touching the flag stick then just leave the flag in as lots of pro's are doing anyway.

The worlds gone mad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Played Pedham Place tonight,

3hrs 50 mins and just managed to see on the 18th. Course very hard and fast at mo,  7 min tee times being applied, was fine for first 6 holes then hit the traffic.

Was in no rush though, good value for £15 and great to catch up with a mate. 
  • Options
    Played Pedham Place tonight,

3hrs 50 mins and just managed to see on the 18th. Course very hard and fast at mo,  7 min tee times being applied, was fine for first 6 holes then hit the traffic.

Was in no rush though, good value for £15 and great to catch up with a mate. 
    You told us everything but your score🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Well I won’t be taking money off @supaclive :-)
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Played this morning.   Beautiful out there!   Hoping to play Friday too at Moor Park.   Have a Society Club membership there but cannot book until 4pm today so hoping me and a buddy can get on!
    Don't be embarrassed, how many points did you get ?
  • Options
    Depends how many shots I give you!
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Played this morning.   Beautiful out there!   Hoping to play Friday too at Moor Park.   Have a Society Club membership there but cannot book until 4pm today so hoping me and a buddy can get on!
    This time?  Um..... just the 40..... 🤣
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I had you down as a bandit, a time bandit.

• Options
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    How many times under 36 in last 10-20-30 rounds ?
    You’re playing mustard , maybe it’s time for your handicap to reflect that !
    i refer you to my previous quote your honour , el ‘bandito’ !!
  • Options

• Options
    edited May 2020
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Every round since lockdown.  Before that - once in a year!

I'm playing in an official comp on Sunday - trust me I'm trying!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Every round since lockdown.  Before that - once in a year!

I'm playing in an official comp on Sunday - trust me I'm trying!!

You've cracked it - take a layoff every year from March to May and then come back to smash the course.
    On that basis, I haven't played a round this year so should break the course record when I eventually get out! I won't hold my breath!
  • Options
    Good weather. Exercising.  2 months complete break from golf.  Removed some mental scars.

Shortened backswing.

I have no idea!
  • Options

It took me a while, but finally did it, only to find out some bloke from North Korea 🇰🇵 has the record.
  • Options
    I am told that Red Libbetts have been fined £20k for allowing four balls and opening the bar against the guidance. 
  • Options
    Well that was interesting.......
  • Options
    supaclive said:

47 points today? Or have the wheels fallen off?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    supaclive said:

47 points today? 
  • Options
    Bogeyed the last two....
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Bogeyed the last two....

Cut, cut, then cut again!!