Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lievan de Turck

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Just had an email update from Companies House.  He was made a Director of Charlton Athletic Holdings on 9th November.  The company that Roland owns.  Implies some sort of actvity?
  • Options
    🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Just had an email update from Companies House.  he was made a Director of Charlton Athletic Holdings on 9th November.  The company that Roland owns.  Implies some sort of actvity?
    Mmmm……that’s quite interesting.🤔
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Just had an email update from Companies House.  he was made a Director of Charlton Athletic Holdings on 9th November.  The company that Roland owns.  Implies some sort of actvity?
    Agreed. Wasn't he brought in by Duchatalet to find a new buyer and carry out the negotiations for him?

In which case he might have been signed up as Director to be able to negotiate the sales of The Valley and/or Sparrows Lane. 
  • Options
    I’ll await a comment from @Airman Brown before I get excited.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    CafcWest said:
    Agreed. Wasn't he brought in by Duchatalet to find a new buyer and carry out the negotiations for him?

In which case he might have been signed up as Director to be able to negotiate the sales of The Valley and/or Sparrows Lane. 
    That was my first thought but since both LDT and RD are see you next Tuesdays I won't hold my breath
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Suspect RD might just be delegating some responsibilities/succession planning. Not sure why TS would be thinking about buying The Valley at the moment, and in 2050 it'll be nothing more than a swamp if the predicted rise in water levels comes to pass.
    Agreed. Can’t imagine it holds much significance bar RD getting more senile.
  • Options
    Isn't there a rumour that RD isn't well, and would be putting things in place for the future? 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Matt Southall's just doubled his last offer. Roland might have to wait a while to get paid but two birds in the bush are worth more than one in the hand to old yellow teeth.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Isn't there a rumour that RD isn't well, and would be putting things in place for the future? 

🤞
  • Options
    I can't find anything about him being sick but he has come to the conclusion that he will die at the age of 75!

This was in 2015 so that means that he is now 74.

L’homme d’affaires de 68 ans a ainsi d’abord expliqué... qu’il allait bientôt mourir. Non pas qu’il soit malade. Plutôt un calcul mathématique: «J’ai pris l’habitude de décompter la durée de ma vie. Une personne vit en moyenne jusqu’à 75 ans. C’est mon objectif. Il me reste donc 350 semaines à vivre en bonne santé.»

https://m.lavenir.net/cnt/dmf20150624_00668733
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    IdleHans said:
    Suspect RD might just be delegating some responsibilities/succession planning. Not sure why TS would be thinking about buying The Valley at the moment, and in 2050 it'll be nothing more than a swamp if the predicted rise in water levels comes to pass.
    TS might have had a rich aunt who has recently passed away
  • Options
    Rothko said:

No, but feel free to start one

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    Rothko said:

No, but feel free to start one

Did he get a free Parker pen from Parky, just for enquiring? 
  • Options
    If he croaks it could lead to untold complications, who inherits his estate which includes The Valley and The Training Ground?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he croaks it could lead to untold complications, who inherits his estate which includes The Valley and The Training Ground?
    I agree yours and Dazzler's comments, wishing him dead is quite simply wrong, wishing him to have a light bulb moment, however far fetched that might sound, would be the best outcome. We have never been in a position o pre guess Roland's behaviour and I think we all base it on our idea of logic, to piss the money he has done on something he has no interest in should tell you enough about his logic. As for this move, I read nothing into it, it probably means he doesn't have to be bothered with it.
  • Options
    Well we know he has a son, Roderick is Ujpest's president.
  • Options
    From memory he has four or five children.
  • Options
    Merely delegating the immense percentage of his time he spent on us. Will no doubt have a massive impact on LDT's daily workload. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Off_it said:
    The meek?

You sure it wasn't the Greek?

(or the cheese makers)
    Surely it any manufacturers of dairy products 
  • Options
    Just seeing that name induces fear - 

• Options
    Morbid and moral aspects aside, it's an interesting move from Roland, as realistically speaking the best thing for Charlton as a whole has always been that Roland move on from this world and leave a successor without clear instructions who is willing to get this bit of real estate off his hands for an actual reasonable price. At present our problem is that Roland is demanding the - what was it, £50m? - that Southall offered despite the fact he couldn't pay that in a billion lifetimes, seeing it as a deal that set the market valuation. Obviously that's insane, but then so is Roland. In a way we should be glad that Southall didn't pick an even higher number that he had no intention of ever paying. At this point we would have to hope that LVT has full control and ability to sell for whatever he wants, but I would guess that Roland has set him up to not sell for a penny under what he's been 'promised' and we've got years more of this to come.
    Maybe he'll leave us it in his will eh, show he did love us after all.