Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sweden v England

Comments

• Options
    I think we suffocated Colombia - got our goal and they didn't have a chance. We decided to hold onto the goal when they started to open up, otherwise we would have had a few more chances, but it is all a judgement call. Sweden are well organised and chances will be at a premium again, but if we can stop them creating them, we should be able to cause a threat through our set pieces. It will be interesting to see how they handle that - Colombia had some big guys in defence but still gave away a pen.
  • Options

I think we suffocated Colombia - got our goal and they didn't have a chance. We decided to hold onto the goal when they started to open up, otherwise we would have had a few more chances, but it is all a judgement call. Sweden are well organised and chances will be at a premium again, but if we can stop them creating them, we should be able to cause a threat through our set pieces. It will be interesting to see how they handle that - Colombia had some big guys in defence but still gave away a pen.

THIS!!!
  • Options
    I’m going to be driving south through Germany when the match is on and won’t be able to catch the action on tv. Any suggestions on a decent quality internet radio stream I can have playing on my phone? Cheers!

• Options

I’m going to be driving south through Germany when the match is on and won’t be able to catch the action on tv. Any suggestions on a decent quality internet radio stream I can have playing on my phone? Cheers!

Talksport have the commentary - Jim Proudfoot and has been Stuart Pearce.
    Would have thought Radio 5 have got it too.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

I use Tune In Radio app and a VPN to listen to UK commentary on my phone from Canada.

All of the games have been on either BBC or talksport, think they were sharing the group games but have both been broadcasting the knockout matches.
  • Options
    Cheers guys! I’ll give your suggestions a try.
  • Options
    Alli and Sterling go over too easily. Spending most of the time on the ground isn't conducive to productive football. Trippier and Maguire have been revelations, Kane is world class, though he faded the other night. Saturday will be tight , 1-0 or possible extra time and pens again.

• Options

It’s a World Cup quarter final and will be shown in all the bars in Germany. Surely you can stop for a couple of hours to catch the game ?

• Options
    3-5-2 is a great formation if you have wing backs. Trippier has had a great world cup but Young is limited in he only uses his left leg to stand on.
    2 up front is great if one of them is Kane who has scored in 9 games in a row.
    Not so great if the other guy is Sterling who had turned missing chances for England into an art form. 3 goals from 43 is poor but I believe it is 23 matches since he scored against Estonia in October 2015.
    Over 1000 days, Still if Pep rates him for City then he must be worth his place for England.

Swedens 4-4-2 will become 4-5-1 when England have the ball so for me it about the ability of players than one type of formation being superior to another. I haven't seen the stats but is Kane involved enough in the build up as he is for Spurs ? No complaints with Harry's scoring record for the national side, and the team spirit is good among this young squad, and I do like the astute and crafty statements from GS.
    For many of us this may be our last chance to see England get to a semi final in a World Cup.
    Not sure i could last another 28 years of under achievement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2018
    The match referee will be Bjorn Kuipers of the Netherlands.

He has so far been in charge of Uruguay v Egypt, Brazil v Costa Rica, Spain v Russia.

France v Uruguay
    - Nestor Pitana (Argentina)
    - reffed Russia v Saudi, Mexico v Sweden, Croatia v Denmark

Brazil v Belgium
    - Mirolad Mazic (Serbia)
    - reffed South Korea v Mexico, Senegal v Colombia and the Champions League final

Russia v Croatia
    - Sandro Ricci (Brazil)
    - reffed Croatia v Nigeria and France v Denmark
  • Options
    Would get Rose in for Young, as he gives us much better balance and allows us to get out easier down that side.

Young has given us nothing going forward, and seems much more comfortable as a left back, rather than a wing back.

If you look at Sweden's last four goals, they have been aided by two massive deflections, an own goal and a penalty - so it is not as if they are a massive goal threat.

This is the game to be bold, and to take it to them from the off, a fast start and an early goal will change the feel of the game completely.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

bit harsh on psycho - He might not be the player he was, but he is 56... :smiley:
  • Options

Ref for an England v Sweden game named Bjorn!!!!!! Are FIFA back to their usual tricks?

The ref who overturned his own decision when giving Neymar a penalty. Will likely referee the final as well so good for each team to get to know he refs.
  • Options

We gave those Swedes a real mashing at Agincourt

Whoever was selling them was thinking ahead to the final!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We gave those Swedes a real mashing at Agincourt

That deserves a flag but as it's Friday...

• Options

D'ya Sweden will play with a flat pack four tomorrow?

Thats a good ikea!!
  • Options
    Mumma Mia! Swedish puns now, is there no start to our talents on CL?
  • Options

Mumma Mia! Swedish puns now, is there no start to our talents on CL?

Just as well they've decided to bring the ABBA penalty system back for this one game
  • Options

It’s a World Cup quarter final and will be shown in all the bars in Germany. Surely you can stop for a couple of hours to catch the game ?

Would love to mate but I’m with the fam and have a make decent progress as we’re heading to Croatia (where I will watch the SF if we make it).
  • Options

Ref for an England v Sweden game named Bjorn!!!!!! Are FIFA back to their usual tricks?

Assistants Frida and Agnetha, 4th official Benny
    Borg doing the VAR job?