Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum resuming 11 July

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:

The new signing will upset a few on here but he’s a good player at this level.

If he signs I'll be buying a season ticket Roland or no Roland. Class player
  • Options

It's about time this box-ticking, vehicle-of-convenience for the Regime was kicked into touch. It's a total embarrassment that the club hide behind this limited, infrequent, reluctantly attended and begrudgingly given forum and that it's their official means of regular 'two-way' communication 'with the fans.' They dictate the agenda, produce the notes (eventually) and wipe their hands afterwards.

Couldn't have put it better myself CS.
  • Options
    Well said @Cardinal Sin

The club throw a few crumbs and we’re supposed to be grateful.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Well said @Cardinal Sin

The club throw a few crumbs and we’re supposed to be grateful.

Presumably that is all there is left in the biscuit barrel!
  • Options
    Any news then or is it under an embargo?
  • Options
    Embargo - how bloody ridiculous
  • Options

Embargo - how bloody ridiculous

I didn’t say there was or am I ridiculous to suggest it?
  • Options

We as a club are really pathetic.

I am bonded by blood and history to Charlton Athletic and have no chance of ever not being under it’s poison spell.

Close to fucking them off after 57 years. But I’m drawn to the thread like a moth to a flame but my previous unequivocal support is dwindling.

57 years. 57 years and must be one of the most frequent poster on CL. Close to closing the door.

Don’t turn the light off on your way out though, we’re all pretty close to bumping into each other as it is and I’d like to keep my bubble as large as possible for as long as possible please :expressionless:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2018

It's about time this box-ticking, vehicle-of-convenience for the Regime was kicked into touch. It's a total embarrassment that the club hide behind this limited, infrequent, reluctantly attended and begrudgingly given forum and that it's their official means of regular 'two-way' communication 'with the fans.' They dictate the agenda, produce the notes (eventually) and wipe their hands afterwards.

Let’s see what took place before you make sweeping assumptions.
    You may well be right.....but until we see/hear the outcome of the meeting you simply cannot say it was all a waste of time.
    Mind you, I would have appreciated some feed back by now?
  • Options
    Question - are you not allowed to post what was said then? Are we only allowed to hear the Clubs version? Do you not represent the fans at the FF?
  • Options
    Wonder how the notes will compare to the latest news from Colin
    Andrew Muir flys back to Australia tomorrow and the Belguim who is handling the takeover for RD is off on holiday at the weekend ..
  • Options

You may well be right.....but until we see/hear the outcome of the meeting you simply cannot say it was all a waste of time.
    Regardless of what comes out of it this time, CS still has it spot on in general.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    @SE7toSG3 - if you hope that I feel you may be disappointed

• Options
    edited July 2018

Regardless of what comes out of it this time, CS still has it spot on in general.
    Oh yes....I agree that the club seems to generally run the show.....much to everyone’s annoyance.
    But I live in hope that they were given something of a rough ride on this occasion.
    Very very annoying that we’ve not heard so much as a squeak from any of the FF representatives thus far....WHAT’S THE F’ING DELAY guys????
  • Options
    I assume as an account of the meeting is published it needs to be agreed by those who attended to ensure a fair representation of what occurred.

Personally, I hope a Belgian getting a right earful is what occurred and it's taking PR Tom a while to sanitise it for public consumption!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2018
    ^^^ why can’t I like this more than once.
  • Options
    You didn’t even get tea and biscuits
  • Options
    I don't need to know what was said verbatim but a general idea I would suggest isn't too much to ask. To not get a sniff some 7 hours later makes me wonder what the motives of the people on the fans forum are? Is it to get answers and represent the fans or not?

This administration is bloody good at dividing the fan base as it is how naïve are people to allow themselves to be manipulated into silence on such an important issue for so many fans that they are supposed to be representing?
  • Options

Oh yes....I agree that the club seems to generally run the show.....much to everyone’s annoyance.
    But I live in hope that they were given something of a rough ride on this occasion.
    Very very annoying that we’ve not heard so much as a squeak from any of the FF representatives thus far....WHAT’S THE F’ING DELAY guys????
    What annoys me about it is that it's a carefully stage-managed PR stunt for the most part, and attendees are gagged until such time as it suits the club to release some carefully worded minutes or notes. The sessions that were recorded were the most useful because it meant the wider fan base actually got a little insight into what was discussed, but Katrien twisted herself in knots with all her bullshitting and as a result it turned into this Secret Service-like exercise. It's ridiculous.