Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tour de France (2023 from p54)

Comments

• Options
    Mark Cavendish has joined Team Astana for 2023 - Good enough to get that final victory he needs?
  • Options
    Mark Cavendish has joined Team Astana for 2023 - Good enough to get that final victory he needs?
    can only hope ... at least he will be there ... Cees Bol has also joined so that will help
  • Options
    Australian joins Astana as 'sprint and lead-out consultant'
  • Options
    Notice that Chris Froome hasn't been selected by Israel Team Start Up for the Tour

Shame how his career has gone, proof too how it can be pretty much over in a flash thanks to injury... a freak one at that really
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Just needs that one stage, would be a great way to end a fantastic career. Especially if it came in Paris.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Just needs that one stage, would be a great way to end a fantastic career. Especially if it came in Paris.
    I can really see Geraint leading him out again like in Rome

I hope though he gets put to the front of the peleton as they arrive on the Champs Elysees...

Bit like how some of the other greats have been recognised... Same with Sagan
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Had an email from Cycle Exchange in the week. They were selling Geraint Thomas's number 2 bike from the 2021 tour. It was up for £12k. According to someone I know who works there it was on sale for precisely 25 minutes and ended up going for £13.5k as a bidding war started up!

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Hugely recommend the TdF documentary on Netflix 
    I really enjoyed it. I struggled a little to get into the first episode; however I switched the audio to the original French language with subtitles and found it much better.

the footage of Pidcock descending the Galibier was terrifying!

Netflix also has the Movistar fly on the wall series - The Least Expected Day. Like watching a big dysfunctional family, charming and exasperating at the same time!
  • Options
    OK, who's everyone got their hard earned on this year then? Outside the obvious top two, this year seems quite open for the last podium spot.

I've a hankering for Pidcock at 45/1 which looks good value. Otherwise O'Connor and Gaudu look possibles too and sooner or later the French teams have got to get the formula right, could it be this year?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    OK, who's everyone got their hard earned on this year then? Outside the obvious top two, this year seems quite open for the last podium spot.

I've a hankering for Pidcock at 45/1 which looks good value. Otherwise O'Connor and Gaudu look possibles too and sooner or later the French teams have got to get the formula right, could it be this year?
    Pogacar, if he his team holds together.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Pogacar, if he his team holds together.
    Or Pogacar  as it will be written in the future
  • Options

Pogacar has an in-form Yates to support him, so he’s my bet to win.  Yates top 5.  

Gaudu for podium and would be deserved.  

Pidcock for early yellow jersey but podium only in 2024.   

Rodriguez could be a good “outsider”. 

• Options
    Cav, two stages, and overwhelm the record.  
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Shout out to Velogames Fantasy Cycling. Adds a whole new dimension.

https://www.velogames.com/
  • Options

I think it really needs a French winner, and although I normally like AG2R, I'd really like to see Pinot do something extraordinary in his swansong.
  • Options
    Should abandon the cols this year and ride round all the riot sites.
  • Options
    After his U.K. road championship win, hoping Fred Wrighf will get a stage this time … deserved it last year but couldn’t quite get there 
  • Options

I think it really needs a French winner, and although I normally like AG2R, I'd really like to see Pinot do something extraordinary in his swansong.
    As would my missus apparently!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Shout out to Velogames Fantasy Cycling. Adds a whole new dimension.

https://www.velogames.com/
    Yeah Velogames is great fun. Really gives sone added interest. A few of us have a league together and have made a pact not to select Cav - so we don’t jinx him! 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Should be a good race this year, the opening stage looks really tough and should open the GC battle up from Day 1.

beyond Pog and Vin I’m keeping an eye on Skjelmose at Trek. In form after winning the Tour de Suisse and a pretty strong team around him. Could be a dark horse…
  • Options
    This could be the end of the Yates family fraternal friendship, but one hell of a finish coming up...
  • Options
    Great start to the Tour, with a British Victory
  • Options
    Double Yates … brilliant 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Some stage.

Feel sorry for Mas and Carapaz.
  • Options
    Did that fella coming 3rd think he'd won 🤣🤣
  • Options
    Got bonus seconds over Vindegaard.
  • Options
    That's mean.

Pogacar looking to add seconds ahead of his rivals.
  • Options
    Nice stage to start the tour with. Creates some time gaps early. 
  • Options
    Nice stage to start the tour with. Creates some time gaps early. 
    And an even better stage tomorrow