Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tour de France (2023 from p54)

Comments

• Options
    Those attacks by Roglic and Vingegaard earlier in the race paying off now. 
  • Options
    Those attacks by Roglic and Vingegaard earlier in the race paying off now. 
    Absolutely 
  • Options
    Stunning stage 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Made me look a bit of a knob, but did anyone seriously see that coming?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I thought it was feasible if Jumbo made the right tactical move. 

But never did I believe they could take this much out of Pogacar.  
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Not at all. Even at the bottom of the last climb it looked like Podagar was pretty comfortable, and I was expecting him to sail away at the top.

But as we’ve seen time and time again you can crack so quickly. 
  • Options
    Does this show that even with all the talent and possible other things that Pog today shows you do still need a team with you especially on stages like this. 
  • Options
    Can’t see past Vingegaard winning it now.

Jumbo just have too strong a team and will therefore just control any other attacks.

Vingegaard didn’t even seem to be struggling out there today like the rest of them were.
  • Options
    Vingegard's looked better over 2,000m.  I seem to vaguely remember Pog and Rog struggling to keep with Miguel Angel Lopez near 2,000m in the 2019 Vuelta, on a very tough mountain stage.

Hot Sauce Tours are most definitely fun to watch.
  • Options
    Definitely lit the race up today. I wouldn’t be surprised though if Pod tests positive for covid in the next few days. Seems to be going through his team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watch him go peak Ricco tomorrow up ADH - eyeballs out, gurning, putting 2 minutes into everyone
  • Options
    Well according to Soler the reason it happened was that Pog didn't eat enough on the Galibier. Not sure if that's code or not 
  • Options
    Reckon Vingegaard will double up today.

Would prefer if Pinot finally got that stage win though.
  • Options
    Pantani has the top 3 times up Alpe d'Huez.  Pretty much all the top 10 times are from the EPO era, apart from Lance's in 2004.

Can't see anyone getting under 40 minutes unless Jumbo have most their team left to sprint out of every corner.  Interestingly Moncoutie went up in 39:56 at the Alpe d'Huez ITT in the 2004 Tour.  Moncoutie was stated by many, and widely believed not to dope.  Can't see Pog getting away from Jumbo apart from the very final turn.  We'll see if Jumbo as a team can have a jour sans.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Well according to Soler the reason it happened was that Pog didn't eat enough on the Galibier. Not sure if that's code or not 
    Extra sugar on his cereal this morning then 🧂
  • Options
    Great to see Pidcock and Froome at the front
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Great to see Pidcock and Froome at the front
    I thought Froome had retired, I was amazed to hear his name on the TV a couple of days ago.
  • Options
    Finally remembered to watch the Tour today, first stage this year for me.

Great one to start with ADH!!
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Cmon Tom... Be surprised if he can hold this attack alone with so far to go

Guess the plan was to whittle down the group, so he's left with one or two rivals at most.
  • Options
    This is just outstanding from Tom!!

The French are going to be delighted if an Englishman can win on Bastille Day
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Christ almighty... the sprint power of these two going up one of the most well known Mountains in Sport
  • Options
    Brilliant from Tom.

Pog keeps trying to break Vingegaard but can't.

Good ride from G, too.
  • Options
    Wow - Tom Pidcock is really going to be something special

Just can he join the likes of Pogacar and Vingegaard when they're putting in displays like today
  • Options
    Just caught up with today. Chapeau Tom, that was absolutely class, only saw a slight grimace with about 3k to go but looked so smooth throughout. Some fantastic rides all over the place today.
  • Options
    It’s been a spectacular two days of racing … gonna be interesting in the Pyrenees
  • Options
    Quite amusing catching up on this thread with almost a whole page about how Pogacar is ridiculous and must be doping, and then on a crucial stage he drops almost 3 minutes and now likely won't win the TdF.

So do we think maybe he isn't actually doping or do we think Vingegaard is doping too?
  • Options
    Quite amusing catching up on this thread with almost a whole page about how Pogacar is ridiculous and must be doping, and then on a crucial stage he drops almost 3 minutes and now likely won't win the TdF.

So do we think maybe he isn't actually doping or do we think Vingegaard is doping too?
    In all likelihood there are probably a large chunk of them at it. The recent police raids on Bahrain Victorious wouldn't have been based on nothing at all.

As for Pog he had one bad day, I think you need to look at what he's been doing over the past 3 years, the majority of this race has been spent on his own and you look at how he's been beating sprinters and climbers on stages it just looks suspect. As for Vingegaard, he might be at it but then he has the strongest team at the tour around him, again it might be the strongest due to doping but just look at the indidivuals and how they've ground down Pog and UAE over the past week, even with all the drugs it's no surprise Pog went pop the other day.
  • Options

The way both of them sprinted away from Thomas briefly up ADH yesterday made me think both of them.

They looked as though they were on a flat stage, not on a notorious mountain in a heat wave
  • Options
    ColinTat said:
    Pantani has the top 3 times up Alpe d'Huez.  Pretty much all the top 10 times are from the EPO era, apart from Lance's in 2004.

Can't see anyone getting under 40 minutes unless Jumbo have most their team left to sprint out of every corner.  Interestingly Moncoutie went up in 39:56 at the Alpe d'Huez ITT in the 2004 Tour.  Moncoutie was stated by many, and widely believed not to dope.  Can't see Pog getting away from Jumbo apart from the very final turn.  We'll see if Jumbo as a team can have a jour sans.
    According to Strava 3 riders - Kuss, Bardet & Kruijiswk went under 40 mins today and Kuss now has the KOM