Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Champions League 2018/2019

Comments

• Blucher said:
    What a cracking second half by Spurs. Vertonghen and Son were outstanding. 

With two-thirds of the season gone, Son must surely be a front runner for Player of the Year. Apart from being an excellent footballer, his effervescent personality always seems to light up a game. 
    You would have thought so but no

• I see moments after Real scored the 2nd away goal Ramos purposely got booked and misses the 2nd leg instead of potentially a quarter or semi final
    Ramos now facing a possible 2 game ban
  • Blucher said:
    What a cracking second half by Spurs. Vertonghen and Son were outstanding. 

With two-thirds of the season gone, Son must surely be a front runner for Player of the Year. Apart from being an excellent footballer, his effervescent personality always seems to light up a game. 
    You would have thought so but no

At them odds ive just stuck a score on Son
  • If City win the league then Aguero will win it, If Liverpool win the league then VVD will win it. Don't think Son has a chance.
  • If City win the league then Aguero will win it, If Liverpool win the league then VVD will win it. Don't think Son has a chance.
    Cant disagree with that.

I dont think anyone would say he would win it but you would have thought he would be in the final shortlist.

For all the plaudits Son has been getting, Harry Winks has been outstanding this season, one of the main reasons why Spurs have offloaded Dembele and Dier has been struggling for minutes when he has been fit.  He has to be in the running for YPOTY.
    I think ur probably right but id still say Son has been better than Sterling and Silva and Salah. Outside chance still and very good price. When is the voting tho? 
  • Isn't voting always stupidly early? Like the end of this month.

• That what im thinking. Oh well bet is on now
    I think ur probably right but id still say Son has been better than Sterling and Silva and Salah. Outside chance still and very good price. When is the voting tho? 
    Can’t believe I’m writing this but don’t dismiss the chance of spurs winning the league. Stayed in touch while missing Kane and Ali and they’re nearly fit again 
  • Sponsored links:

• Just been given a ticket for Liverpool v Bayern tonight. Should be a decent match and atmosphere, looking forward to chilling as a neutral for a change and just enjoying the game!
  • Come on Bayern
    Can’t believe I’m writing this but don’t dismiss the chance of spurs winning the league. Stayed in touch while missing Kane and Ali and they’re nearly fit again 
    agree with this they have won games which they probably of shouldn't no fa cup games, dortmund they are already 3 up and dortmund seem to be struggling a 0-0 draw with bottom of the table yesterday shows this. 

spurs remaining league games;

burnley a
    chelsea a ( a team who could of been hammered again on sunday by city )
    arsenal h
    southampton a
    palace h
    liverpool a
    brighton h
    huddersfield h
    city a
    west ham h
    bournemouth a
    everton h
  • VVD is a big miss for Liverpool tonight.
    Although this isn’t the Bayern of years gone by.
  • Quick reminder that the Brazilian NT set up consider Alisson better than Ederson.
  • Van Dijk and Joe Gomez and even their 3rd best CB Lovren are big misses for Liverpool.

Bayern are a younger team without Muller, Robben and Ribery.
  • Henderson and Firmino have been sensational.

Mane less so.
  • Masterclass in defending your own 18 yard box from Bayern tonight.
    Liverpool usually excel in those intricate passes on the edge of the box.
  • I’m confused how the ref has changed his decision via VAR without even looking at the video
  • Need some clarification on the handball rule. Some refs will give that, some won’t, and that’s stupid.
  • Sponsored links:

• I saw the playback once, and in 5 seconds it was a clear penalty. Why 2 and a half minutes ?  Agree with Gary, why didn't the ref run over to the monitor and check himself ?
    Hand ball all day long.
  • This is all fun and games until city put 8 past Schalke at home.
  • I was under the impression that the ear piece refs were there to advise a review, then down to the ref to change the decision?
  • Good use of VAR in the Atleti/Juve game
    Costa pushed on the edge of the box, fell inside, ref gave pen but VAR showed contact outside, changed to free kick, took about 30 seconds
  • 7 of the 8 Champions League last 16 games were 0-0 at half time
  • Two nailed on Penalties.
    Can't believe Rio and Hargreaves saying the 1st one wasn't.  Peter Walton the ex ref is correct. City got the easiest draw in the round of 16. Schalke are struggling in the league and Will be amazed if City don't get at least a draw.
  • edited February 2019
    So Ian Darke confirms that the reason the ref didn't go over to the off field monitor was because it wasn't working !  
  • I was under the impression that the ear piece refs were there to advise a review, then down to the ref to change the decision?
    Well they just said the ref didn’t look because the pitchside monitor wasn’t working. How he can change his mind (even tho it was a pen) is beyond me.
  • Wow what a free kick from Sane
  • During commentary last night of Liverpool v Munich, the commentators said that alot of people think Juventus will win this year cos of Ronaldo, I thought at the time I dont and wouldnt be surprised if they didnt even get through against Atletico.

2-0 Atletico and a tough 2nd leg for Juventus coming