Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

James Corden

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Chunes said:
    There are a lot of stories of what a horrible human being he is. I wonder if he's always been like that or has the fame just gone to his head? I saw a documentary a while back about the writing of Gavin & Stacey, where they put a camera in the writers room, and he seemed like a fairly normal, authentic bloke. Not this fake persona he's taken on now. 

There's a quote by a famous actor, can't remember who it was, but he said: "When they first make it to the big time, everyone becomes an asshole. It happens to everyone. You've got two years to fix it or it becomes permanent." 

I saw some reviews of his late night show written by tourists doing the late night circuit, and they said he is a moody fucker as soon as the cameras are off or on breaks, compared to other late night hosts who continue to interact with the crowd and put on a show. 

He thinks he's God 
  • Options
    I think he started to be noticed in History Boys, which was a moderate but quite conventional Drama in as much as it needed proper acting.
    He ‘branched out’ not always with success it seems to me, but I reckon he has a very astute agent.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    There are a lot of stories of what a horrible human being he is. I wonder if he's always been like that or has the fame just gone to his head? I saw a documentary a while back about the writing of Gavin & Stacey, where they put a camera in the writers room, and he seemed like a fairly normal, authentic bloke. Not this fake persona he's taken on now. 

There's a quote by a famous actor, can't remember who it was, but he said: "When they first make it to the big time, everyone becomes an asshole. It happens to everyone. You've got two years to fix it or it becomes permanent." 

I saw some reviews of his late night show written by tourists doing the late night circuit, and they said he is a moody fucker as soon as the cameras are off or on breaks, compared to other late night hosts who continue to interact with the crowd and put on a show. 
    Pretty sure it was Bill Murray that said that.
  • Options
    First I heard about him being unpopular was on Reddit when he did an Ask Me Anything. It's a pretty funny read. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/bqy5zf/i_am_james_corden_alongside_ben_winston_and_five/

His apology for the restaurant thing recently did confirm to me that he is, as pointed out numerous times, a twat. 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Is he just an insecure twat who considers himself to be life's victim...just because he is fat? 

America is a strange place. If you're an asshole and or a Christian, then you're going to go quite far in life.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Could never ever see why or how he has made it so big. Always seemed like a twat ish wanker to me.
  • Options
    He supported us in our fight against Roland.
    he wrote one tweet
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    he wrote one tweet
    Over 10 million followers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One trick pony that has fallen in love with himself. 

But enough about Ricky Gervais. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    he wrote one tweet
    Over 10 million followers.
    Retire a seat in the Covered End for him then. A true soldier of the cause 
  • Options
    My mum holds a deep hatred for him after he slated ‘Sidcup. Still bring him up and her blood boils. 

• Options
    I couldn't stand him since I heard him in an interview slagging Timothy West's acting ability. Jame Corden couldn't act scared in the middle of New Cross at 2am in the morning.
  • Options
    He decided to openly joke about the Harvey Weinsten scandal roughly a number of days when Harvey's actions got out in the open.

A silent, coughing, embaresssed non reactive audience put him back in his place. He's a careless car crash comedian who doesn't put any genuine effort into the work. 

If the audience laughed, then his fat kfc ego would have spiralled out of control. 

I don't think he actually understood or cared for the emotional impact of the crimes that took place. He is another Brent.  
  • Options
    I think it’s mad that someone like him would garner so much attention like this.

I saw a link to a story earlier about his hands being red raw and his nails all bitten away because of the stress this is all putting him under 

It’s mental 
  • Options
    I like(d) him. I thought he made a league of their own. 

If one person said he was a horrible person, my mind wouldn't have changed. Reading everything on here, the Reddit link and the press, there must be some truth in it.

I have friends in LA, one works in production and the feedback I got from them is that he is a horrible person who changes as soon as the cameras stop rolling.
  • Options
    He made me stop watching it. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Same. Watch it now he’s left. 
  • Options
    I might have mentioned this before but I tend to, if I'm going to invest time in an autobiography, read one by someone I either actively dislike or someone who I think will have an interesting story. I've done the Simon Jordan, Rio Ferdinand, James Corden books among others and more often than not the stories give me food for thought and like with Simon Jordan made me grudgingly admire him and his resilience as much as he is a cartoon character. 

James Corden I dont want to join the "hes fat and not funny, I dont know what people find funny" tyoe of pile on. 

Nothing about James Corden is working class, his family might not have been wealthy but he is not working class in the sense I know. He clearly has a talent for the arts and I've been familiar with his character acting since I saw him on a very underrated channel 4 comedy called boyz unlimited, properly funny and well observed. He was playing the fat talented lead singer and song writer, who complained about being fat and being over-looked. I know he was in fat friends but I didnt watch that and I think from memory thats where he met Ruth Jones who is what I know to be working class and that shines through on the writing of Gavin & Stacey, its hard to describe but I know what I'm on about. She 9bserves stuff well and has the same gift Peter Kay and Caroline Ahearne have for not making a big thing about what is being shown, just that it resonates and people quietly giggle along with it.  

Then league of their own, I distinctly remember watching him host this and then deciding I couldn't handle him, the beauty with shows like that and they think its all over is the host isn't explaining the fucking jokes all the time. His comedy can work for, in the nicest sense, thick people carpool karaoke, the smithy character, dont get me wrong it works in the context of the show buuut its obvious, its low hanging fruit. 

All that said, he has clearly done well for himself so fair play, I dont like Michael McIntyre but I get that doesn't make him a bad comedian. 

One of my mates used to sit near him at West Ham years ago and said he was OK and made time for everyone who asked for it but would whinge like buggery afterwards which I'm not sure makes him a bad person but he clearly has the propensity to behave like a prick 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never begrudge anyone their wealth or success, whether they're my cuppa tea or not tbh. **

Like (what I've seen of) Gavin & Stacey, but find Corden quite cringey most of the time and, having spoke to someone who worked for both him and his Mrs, have it on reasonable authority that neither are what you'd call affable people.

**except the band Coldplay
  • Options
    His Mrs is a Charlton fan from Blackheath (not that that makes her a nice person...)
  • Options
    Was enjoying some Renford Rejects earlier. Featuring Corden in a bit-part as a school bully. How I'd prefer to think of him tbh
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Leuth said:
    Was enjoying some Renford Rejects earlier. Featuring Corden in a bit-part as a school bully. How I'd prefer to think of him tbh
    Renford Rejects was a cracking show. Completely forgot he was in it.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    You shouldn't have given him the remote.
  • Options
    Great break forward from Mitchell.

• Options
    Shit pass from Clare to Morgan almost sees Coalville with an identical attacking opportunity.
  • Options
    Oh... The flickers are returning F.A