Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

James Corden

Comments

• Options
    James cordon or Amanda Holden. 
    It's a tough one. 
  • Options
    As a presenter or a wouldya?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    James Cordon as presenter everyday! Best laugh of the week but I thought Clare Balding did a great job the week she presented it.
  • Options
    James Cordon is one of the single most irritating people to have graced the tv tv screen.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    James Corden just recycles comedy.

He has come out with his own stuff to be fair...but it carries a bare minimum of originality.

Problem with him is, he isn't very clever or funny. He just has a sociable personality.  He's pretty much just an outspoken version of average Joe. 

If you are as confident as he is...and have gotten as far.
    You either relentlessly think the world shines up your ass or you've got a massive cock...or it's a bit of both.

He did openly say that Roland's a twat one time...I liked him after that.
  • Options
    Merchant Banker.
  • Options
    The man is a twat of the highest order 
  • Options
    His old house is owned by the National Trust I think
    Blimey.  I never knew that about James Corden. 
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/jYSMShDUcFM

Reminds me when Gareth stole the "same sh*t different day" joke.

He's not a comedian...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like James Corden. Embarrassing for him. 
  • Options
    Isn't it common that comedians steal each other's jokes? I played in a charity gold day a few years back and my celebrity was a comedian I had never heard of. He after dinner comedian made a joke about Steve backleys wife. I played in another competition a few years later and the comedian I played with previously was the after dinner comedian. He recycled the other guys joke.

the joke.... "Steve is that your wife? If I was her dad, I would still bath her"
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I thought it was common too, i know people don't like James Corden but i don't see the big deal here, whether it was him or his writing team,
  • Options
    I'm sure comedians do steal jokes but you'd at least expect them to modify it slightly. Also these aren't some randoms doing the comedy circuit in front of 100 people.

He's a very famous guy who's told another very famous guy's joke word for word on national TV. It's not like it would've gone unnoticed, and i guess whoever wrote it will have known that.

My take on it is that one of the writers has had enough of Corden and is on the way out/leaving soon and thought they'd stitch him up.
  • Options
    I thought it was common too, i know people don't like James Corden but i don't see the big deal here, whether it was him or his writing team,
    It's not great, but I think there's been such a pile on as it's James Corden and there's a lot out there about him being an arsehole, such as the restaurant thing recently.

For what it's worth, one of my wife's friends works in TV and was a runner on League of Their Own a few years ago - she said he was an absolute p***k, really condescending and stroppy.

Whereas she said Jack Whitehall was nice enough, and Redknapp and Flintoff were really nice, friendly and down to earth.
  • Options

James corden is a relatively talented actor who is a good presenter infront of a screen. He can get a crowd going and he performs the gig well. 

The job he does is not an easy one!

However, he doesn't know how to just roll with it.  He's always gotta get emotional about stuff and go down the xfactor sob story road. 

People complain about his general behaviour when he's in public. Saying he's rude etc.

He can be rude in public, but it only works if he's the same as that when on screen.

Don't play the role of 2 different people and stop sobbing. He should just be himself. 
  • Options
    Comedians literally used to share jokes, it's certainly not normal anymore and much frowned upon. 
  • Options
    I went to see ‘smash hit’ ‘One Man Two Guv’nors’ in London with him ‘starring’.
    The whole show was very poor, indulgent and unfunny, and he was probably the worst thing in it.
    Rylan Clark-Neal is more appealing as a bloke on the telly than Corden, he has a kind of useless flimsy honesty, Corden is boring and talentless but thinks he’s got something going for him.
    I would advise Corden to re-visit his craft and do some work, put some hours in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One thing using the same structure, but word for word?
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    One thing using the same structure, but word for word?

He takes himself way too seriously.  It's almost like an illness.

If he just went on twitter and said 

"Hi ricky just to clarify, I stole one of your jokes last night because I cant be bothered to write my own. Im retiring soon"

Nice and simple. It's not a sob story 

• Options
    When there's a massive pile on, on a celebrity, for what appears to be a few relatively innocuous actions, it's generally because they are unpopular and people have been waiting for their opportunity to give them a dig. 

• Options
    Didn't he stitch up 'Gavin' in real life?

I remember reading the story in the press years ago about him flying business while his wife and his crying baby flew in economy.
    That alone tells me he is a grade A plum.

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Didn't he stitch up 'Gavin' in real life?

I remember reading the story in the press years ago about him flying business while his wife and his crying baby flew in economy.
    That alone tells me he is a grade A plum.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    There are a lot of stories of what a horrible human being he is. I wonder if he's always been like that or has the fame just gone to his head? I saw a documentary a while back about the writing of Gavin & Stacey, where they put a camera in the writers room, and he seemed like a fairly normal, authentic bloke. Not this fake persona he's taken on now. 

There's a quote by a famous actor, can't remember who it was, but he said: "When they first make it to the big time, everyone becomes an asshole. It happens to everyone. You've got two years to fix it or it becomes permanent." 

I saw some reviews of his late night show written by tourists doing the late night circuit, and they said he is a moody fucker as soon as the cameras are off or on breaks, compared to other late night hosts who continue to interact with the crowd and put on a show. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    There are a lot of stories of what a horrible human being he is. I wonder if he's always been like that or has the fame just gone to his head? I saw a documentary a while back about the writing of Gavin & Stacey, where they put a camera in the writers room, and he seemed like a fairly normal, authentic bloke. Not this fake persona he's taken on now. 

There's a quote by a famous actor, can't remember who it was, but he said: "When they first make it to the big time, everyone becomes an asshole. It happens to everyone. You've got two years to fix it or it becomes permanent." 

I saw some reviews of his late night show written by tourists doing the late night circuit, and they said he is a moody fucker as soon as the cameras are off or on breaks, compared to other late night hosts who continue to interact with the crowd and put on a show. 
    Yeah it's a shame as Gavin and Stacey was a great show and he came across as really charistmatic but was clearly not to be