Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2020

LB: “We have to bring in a bit of everything. We lost 12 players and brought in three. We have to rebuild but our hands are tied.” #cafc
  • Options
    edited September 2020

LB: "We won’t be able to compete where we want to be at the moment. Not with the squad we have going into the first game of the season with. A bit of patience will have to come into play from everybody." #cafc
  • Options
    edited September 2020

LB: “When we do finally put the squad together, we’ll be OK. Hopefully those players can hang around and we can compete better.” #cafc
  • Options
    edited September 2020

LB: “I had every thought go through my head in the summer. I wasn’t in a good place and I’m still not happy now because I feel like I can’t do my job properly – that’s been the case since December.” #cafc
  • Options
    edited September 2020

LB: “I know what I’m capable of doing, but I don’t have the tools to do it and that’s the thing that’s been driving me mad all summer! If I have the right tools, I know I can be successful and I want that to be at this club.” #cafc
  • Options
    edited September 2020

LB: “For sure, he seems like he has the best interests of the club. He comes across that’s it long term and if it is him, he’ll be the right person to take this club forward.” #cafc
  • Options
    edited September 2020

LB: "We’ve got four definite players and two maybes lined up. That’s plan A. Plan B means we can’t sign anyone and we'd have to dig deep because we’ll be in trouble. That’s why this needs to happen." #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2020

LB on injuries: "International players all came back fit. Our only injury is Pearcey, but even he’s ahead of schedule." #cafc
  • Options
    edited September 2020

LB: “Saturday’s game is two teams who have just come into the division. They are a nice side to watch, they move the ball well and play good football so it won’t be easy.” #cafc
  • Options
    edited September 2020

LB: “Nothing changes. I do believe that if things go the right way for us, we will get stronger and stronger and grow. I’ll always push them, same as I always have.” #cafc
  • Options
    That makes a change!

Normally it's players come back crook and short-term injuries become career-threatening.
  • Options
    Some of those comments don't really reek of a takeover being imminent.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    But it won't be Lee who announces the takeover.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    I could be wrong , but I'm sure he would have an inclination if it was about to happen!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Id ask why the press conference is so late today?

Have the comms team been preparing for other things? 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    bobmunro said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    I could be wrong , but I'm sure he would have an inclination if it was about to happen!
    I'm sure he has but almost certainly would have been told to play it down.

Glass half full! 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Don't think that's what he meant. LB will know if the takeover is going to be tomorrow. He's either very good or hasn't been told anything. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    CH4RLTON said:
    bobmunro said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Yes of course he would but that doesn't mean he'll give anything away. He knew about the Levitt signing for days before it was announced. Why would a takeover announcement be any different?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    bobmunro said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Don't think that's what he meant. LB will know if the takeover is going to be tomorrow. He's either very good or hasn't been told anything. 
    I know what he meant - my point is that he would not want to steal the show.

Lee is both very good at that sort of thing, surprisingly politically astute, and he will know some but not all.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Chunes said:
    bobmunro said:
    CH4RLTON said:

Lee is both very good at that sort of thing, surprisingly politically astute, and he will know some but not all.
    Don't think anyone was expecting him to announce the takeover. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    The way I see it... he was happy to talk about his interactions with TS and TS hasn’t even been announced as owner. Not sure how that can be anything other than a good thing?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    bobmunro said:
    Chunes said:
    bobmunro said:
    CH4RLTON said:

Don't think anyone was expecting him to announce the takeover. 
    You're missing the point - I wasn't dismissing Lee making the announcement, merely that he would not want to give too much away - even if he knows everything.
  • Options
    Maybe Lynch or another centre back has been training with the 1st team so is ready to play on Saturday if the embargo is lifted tomorrow morning and we can sign him before the deadline (1pm?).

I hope so as otherwise it's daft why we didn't bring in a defender this week instead of a midfielder