Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    "We have shown we can beat anybody this season. We just need to make sure we're ready. There's no one I'm afraid of. I believe in the squad that I have.” 

Just not Sunderland, Coventry, Fleetwood, Peterborough, Blackpool and Oxford
    He did not use the past tense.
    Yes he did. Have shown is the past perfect. 
    Sorry to correct you, but it’s present perfect and that is functionally different from the past simple/past tense I.e. it is used here to describe something that started in the past, but continues into the present, whereas past simple “we showed” would be used to describe something that started and finished in the past 
    Come on Siv, you're better than that.

"We showed"?!

The proper past tense round here (even in the posh parts of the county) is "we shew" ...

😉
  • Options
    The Igor comment is very interesting. I did say in the Igor thread that they may have decided as a collective that the warm weather and time with his family could aid his recovery.

We shall see. But it’s encouraging for Bows to even mention there could be a possibility he will be OK if we make the final.
  • Options
    Igor usually puts his latest holiday snaps on social media when out injured.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019

That last tweet highlights the something I noticed... There was a good amount of bickering vs Villa. Think these lads need some time to bond and become a solid group of players that fight FOR each other and share blame for mistakes...
  • Options
    Bowyer literally re-iterating all the stuff we have all said and thought. 
  • Options
    I’m absolutely Gobsmacked ... he’s seeing none of the money from the Lookman transfer to Red Bull Leipzig 
  • Options
    Players, budgets, fitness: all meaningless.

Just as long as we all sing as loud as we can the team can't lose.
  • Options
    He's a great manager, I can see why he gets the most out of his players.
  • Options
    Need 5 in.  Wasn’t it 7 last time he spoke and i don’t think we have got anyone in since then.  We have 18. He wants to loan out Morgan = 17 + 5 = 22.  So 2 for each position I guess (as long as Dijksteel is still here which i doubt) but no kids behind that to gap fill for injuries as they are either already sold or included in that 22.  The others are not close to ready are they?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its just like white noise for those of us who have Twitter barred from our pc's.  
  • Options
    I am not suprised he isn't seeing any of the Lookman money. Roland is screwing us in every way.  Happy to screw for any money he can get out of us. Oh how honourable you are Rolan paying staff and players their wages. Does that make you a better owner than Bolton? It is something you have to anyway. You are contracted to do as an owner. 
  • Options
    Dijksteel definitely going listening to that.sounds like we can’t bring anyone in permanent. So it’s just the 5 loan signings to come. 
  • Options
    Bye then Anfernee. Not for sale, my arse. 
  • Options
    djiksteel - not for sale translates to if the price is right - i wouldn't mind offloading him IF the funds in there entirety were given to lee and Steve to spend - but we all know crusty wont permit that and will continue to blame ze efl for him owning a football cloob 
  • Options
    Bowyer made his debut for us at 17 years old didn't he? I remember watching him come on for the Reserves at The Goldstone v Brighton res! I thought hes gonna be in our first team soon ! Ah memories 
  • Options
    Roland probably saying to bowyer let’s sell him they’ve offered half a million and bowyers saying no Roland his worth a million.tell you what you shut the fuck up and I’ll do the deal to sell him if you give me the extra money I make on the deal to strengthen the squad. But Roland will still pocket it to piss us off even more. 
  • Options
    If only the profit from the leipzig move went towards lowering the asking price of the club.