Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Son Heung-min

124»

Comments

• Options
    Not sure they’ll produce many decent players from that academy - all they do is keepy uppy! Father’s a lunatic. 
  • Options
    He's become a cheat, like so many Prem players, disappointing.
  • Options
    Like Solksjaer's comments.

• Options
    Anyone got a gif of the incident?
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Anyone got a gif of the incident?
    "Men in Blazers" showed it if you can get that where you are. It's on YouTube.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was automatically reviewed as there was a goal scored. 
  • Options
    We'll i might be an outlier but i think it was a deliberate swing of his arm which was unsporting - therefore a foul. The big question is the use of VAR to reach the decision that he did. If we go back to check everything then the game is going to take 5 hours to play out.
    I agree with you. Not only was it a deliberate swing of his arm but a deliberate flick of his wrist to make the impact worse. Tominay should have got a second yellow. (ABU)
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    It was automatically reviewed as there was a goal scored. 
    You review every potential foul all the way back to the last time the ball was dead?
  • Options
    He’s a modern footballer playing modern football. They all game the system to gain advantage.
    It was ever thus but what was done in the past wouldn’t work now.
  • Options
    I think there’s a good case for both opinions, one of those that only the two players can decipher in those split second instances.
    It actually was a foul, intentional or otherwise.....and yes, Son disappointingly made a meal of it.
    To the letter of the law, a free kick was the correct decision IMHO.
  • Options
    Often players have to make a meal out of fouls in order to gain the decision. It's annoying and I deteste play acting, but it's almost a requirement due to poor reffing standards. 
  • Options
    The most exciting player in the Prem. 
    All the grief he gets is just jealousy. 
  • Options
    I definitely thought it was a foul. It was a deliberate swing of the arm (intent), looked to poke him in the eye. 
    The theatrics aren't relevant when you can watch a replay. 
    And everyone does theatrics, foul or not. 

It wasn't mctominays natural motion as some pundits have suggested. 

Really surprised with the reaction. Given that we had a replay which was clear and 99% of the football world were upset bu the decision, we may as well give up now! 

compared to rashfords dive which was ridiculous. 
  • Options
    Was listening to talksport and someone called in and said made the correct conclusion with var... the rules are wrong (ie offside and handball) not the var. danny murphy disagreed straight away and therein lies the problem. 
  • Options
    Danny murphy 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think there’s a good case for both opinions, one of those that only the two players can decipher in those split second instances.
    It actually was a foul, intentional or otherwise.....and yes, Son disappointingly made a meal of it.
    To the letter of the law, a free kick was the correct decision IMHO.
    I think this is how I see it too. The decision to call a foul there was technically correct, but football doesn't really run on technically correct. All over the pitch every game there's little fouls and niggles that if they were examined forensically would result in the game being stopped. The problem is though the game then wouldn't flow, you'd constantly be having free kicks and nothing would get done. Obstructions, accidental collisions, trailing arms, contested headers, they all could be seen as fouls but rarely are. Fouls are also often given on context; a ref is going to let some minor things go in aid of a flowing game and based on the amount of needle in a match. The problem with VAR is it demands a review of the whole move for a goal, and that means that the only aspect of football that is receiving forensic examination is the part that the whole game is played for. Goals are the point of football, so for some bizarre reason we're subjecting only them to scrutiny that reduces the chances of them actually counting. It's so frustrating. With the McTominay situation, he felt Son's arm on his shoulder and threw his arm back to avoid getting dragged back, but Son had removed his arm immediately and he caught Son in the face. McTominay is no angel and I'm sure in the moment he wasn't too bothered exactly where his hand landed, but the fact is that whether he caught Son or not it didn't affect the move at all; Son wasn't close enough to stop McTominay playing the pass he did regardless of whether he went down, and the move progressed from there. That situation didn't alter the direction of the move at all, it is just something that happened, but a good goal was chalked off based on a strict application of the law of the game that wouldn't be consistently applied in any other circumstance. Football is in a weird place at the moment
  • Options
    Bit of a shock occurring at The Asian Cup atm....Jordan 2-0 v SK.
  • Options
    The Spurs trophy curse affecting every team Son plays for
  • Options
    Have South Korea picked the entire defence of one of their domestic clubs? That’s an amazingly old fashioned idea if so. 
  • Options
    When does he rejoin spurs for prem games. Asking for a friend that might put him in their fpl team 👀
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Have South Korea picked the entire defence of one of their domestic clubs? That’s an amazingly old fashioned idea if so. 
    Yeah their keeper and back 4 today all play for their domestic champions Ulsan. To be fair though they were forced into it as their first choice keeper was injured and main centre back Kim Min-Jae who plays for Bayern was suspended.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Yeah their keeper and back 4 today all play for their domestic champions Ulsan. To be fair though they were forced into it as their first choice keeper was injured and main centre back Kim Min-Jae who plays for Bayern was suspended.
    Ah right, thought it might be a deliberate strategy. I’m sure Italy used to do something like it back in the day. 
  • Options
    edited February 7
    When does he rejoin spurs for prem games. Asking for a friend that might put him in their fpl team 👀
    He's flying back already.  Barring any last minute issues, he'll definitely be in the squad for Saturday.
    Maybe the first time since Chelsea at home we'll actually be able to put out a team at arguably full strength.

EDIT - confirmed by Spurs he returns to training on Thursday.
  • Options
    Qatar/Jordan final.