Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Son Heung-min

Comments

• Options

Spurs must be delighted that he hasnt gone to the Asian Games with South Korea, been such a big player for them this season @JohnBoyUK

He is going after their game v Man Utd this weekend. Spurs struck a deal with South korea that he could miss their first 2 games given they're only against Philippines and Kyrgyzstan
  • Options

Spurs must be delighted that he hasnt gone to the Asian Games with South Korea, been such a big player for them this season @JohnBoyUK

He is going after their game v Man Utd this weekend. Spurs struck a deal with South korea that he could miss their first 2 games given they're only against Philippines and Kyrgyzstan
    Oh hadnt realised that, so what games will he miss then
  • Options
    If Korea make the final he'll miss games v Fulham, 2nd leg v Chelsea, Watford and Newcastle
  • Options

If Korea make the final he'll miss games v Fulham, 2nd leg v Chelsea, Watford and Newcastle

Should manage
    Fulham
    Watford
    Newcastle without him

So they will be hoping for a couple of goals tonight so they can get through the 2nd leg without him.

As @Gravesend_Addick said he is such an underrated player
  • Options
    I think Son is actually my favourite player in the Premier League at the moment
  • Options
    Son is great he makes it look so simple , you can’t say oh he’s amazing at this that or the other , he just moves so quick , no fuss , no histrionics
  • Options
    Absolute quality. Tall, strong, quick, scores goals.. seems an affable guy too
  • Options
    Spurs might not miss him in those games but my fantasy football team will.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's been brilliant for us this season and last but for me, he still drifts in and out of games far too much. Was anonymous for the most part last night. Having said that, so was Alli and Eriksen whilst Kane looked looked like he was running in treacle for the last 20 mins.

Of course we'll miss him when he goes. Interesting that the Cardiff Keeper has been excused for Asia Cup duty yet Son has to go despite spending a month on international duty at the start of the season.
  • Options
    A few Spurs players go under the radar IMO. Dembele is one of my favourite prem players of the last few years.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I think Son is actually my favourite player in the Premier League at the moment

Mine too
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Interesting that the Cardiff Keeper has been excused for Asia Cup duty yet Son has to go despite spending a month on international duty at the start of the season.

Its South Korea though isnt it...

Seems to be a real matter of honour when it comes to anything with Korea / China / Japan

I remember the stuff in the summer surrounding Son and his National Service and there being an article about how others had tried to get out of it by getting second citizenship in the United States... Those who managed it are now banned from ever returning to Korea if I remember rightly
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

He's been brilliant for us this season and last but for me, he still drifts in and out of games far too much. Was anonymous for the most part last night. Having said that, so was Alli and Eriksen whilst Kane looked looked like he was running in treacle for the last 20 mins.

Of course we'll miss him when he goes. Interesting that the Cardiff Keeper has been excused for Asia Cup duty yet Son has to go despite spending a month on international duty at the start of the season.

South Korea do have a serious football team and expectation to win, whereas the Philippines are more like say Malta or Scotland!
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

South Korea do have a serious football team and expectation to win, whereas the Philippines are more like say Malta or Scotland!
    How dare you compare Svens men to crap like Scotland. :lol:
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

He's no Fosu.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Son wasn't officially required to go to the Asia cup at the start of the season, he chose to go because it was his best chance of them winning a tournament and him avoiding national service.
  • Options
    South Korea 0-1 Qatar 10 mins to go.

FFS, come on Qatar #prayforsonny lol
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

If the go out would u expect him back for Watford on 30th or Newcastle on 2nd
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JohnBoyUK said:

I'd expect him to be on a plane tomorrow morning in time for Palace on Sunday lol.
    I flew back from Dubai last week with no issue.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    FT. 0-1. G'wan you Qataris. Come home Sonny, come home!
  • Options
    That's a shocking result for South korea
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

I’m going to Newcastle on the 2nd so hoping he’ll be back for that one!
  • Options

That's an embarrassing score for South Korea! They should be all made to do compulsory National Service for the next 2 years as a punishment :smile:

He'll pull a hamstring walking on to the plane now!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    If anyone is interested, there's a 90 min documentary about Sonny on Amazon Prime called Sonsational.

It clearly been made for the Korean/Asian market given there's a lot of English subtitles but its worth a watch just to see his journey to get to where he has, from his humble background and the influence of his Dad on him and his career.  The Dad could almost be a James Bond villain.
    The Man with the Golden Son?
    hahaha, genius!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    If anyone is interested, there's a 90 min documentary about Sonny on Amazon Prime called Sonsational.

It clearly been made for the Korean/Asian market given there's a lot of English subtitles but its worth a watch just to see his journey to get to where he has, from his humble background and the influence of his Dad on him and his career.  The Dad could almost be a James Bond villain.
    No wonder he's playing so well under Jose...