Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Ezri Konsa signs for Brentford+++

Comments

• Options

Konsas move was anticipated. Or put another way, Konsapated. Rather like awaiting any movement since January. Bagsie we leave Europe on Monday and requisition every Euroscum asset to save England. Fit and proper person? Duckshitalley? Really? The beautiful game. The World Cup is abbreviated WC because it is something most would like to sh

"If you ever see a post from WRICURKINCAM walk away and pretend you didn't. Only madness lies ahead. " = Henry Irving.

stop the world I want to get off
  • Options

Konsas move was anticipated. Or put another way, Konsapated. Rather like awaiting any movement since January. Bagsie we leave Europe on Monday and requisition every Euroscum asset to save England. Fit and proper person? Duckshitalley? Really? The beautiful game. The World Cup is abbreviated WC because it is something most would like to sh

"If you ever see a post from WRICURKINCAM walk away and pretend you didn't. Only madness lies ahead. " = Henry Irving.

stop the world I want to get off
    No chance you're going to have to ride it out with the rest of us.
  • Options
    I see Brentford have turned down a bid of £10 million from Bournemouth for their centre half Chis Mepham. Bournemouth rumoured to be coming back with a higher offer.

Meanwhile, we sell them a ready made replacement for £2.5 million.

I just hope the new owners - if they ever materialise - make the guy doing the transfers for Brentford their first signing!
  • Options
    He’s played the full 90 mins in Brentford’s last two league games, both at centre back alongside another young CB, Chris Mepham.
  • Options
    Reading some of the replies from their fans it sounds like he's doing very well.

• Options
    Konsa's biggest problem was that he was so negative for us - all little sideways or backwards passes. No wonder his percentage is so high!
  • Options
    Brentford have built a pretty good young side there.

Mepham and Konsa are both 20. Canos is 21, Maupay 22, Ollie Watkins 22, they have Josh McEachran as well who's finally settled at a club after his 20 Chelsea loans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

there was no negatives with Konsa very good player who we will regret letting go

We didnt let him go
    We did not get promoted and he is to good for league 1

Trying to hold on to him could have hurt his career.

Had we got promoted there is no way he would have gone
  • Options

there was no negatives with Konsa very good player who we will regret letting go

Agreed.
  • Options
    Very much AFKA
    Pedro45 said:

Konsa's biggest problem was that he was so negative for us - all little sideways or backwards passes. No wonder his percentage is so high!

I honestly believe the reason he did this because the options were so limited in what he could pass forward too.

When he did bring it out of defence numerous times we had 1 striker to aim at
  • Options

We didnt let him go

Agreed.
  • Options

Very much AFKA

Pedro45 said:

I honestly believe the reason he did this because the options were so limited in what he could pass forward too.

Possibly, but you could see some players make runs but he never played a 40 yard pass into space. He was a good player, but he used to frustrate me a lot of the time and he would not take responsibility and try to make something happen.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

We didnt let him go

Agreed.
    If he didn’t have a release clause in his contract, we let him go.

Whether it’s good for his career or not is irrelevant to Charlton Athletic. If we’re going to just let people leave becuase they may do better elsewhere, we might as well give up now.
  • Options
    Get to see how he's doing on Wednesday night as Aston Villa v Brentford is on TV
  • Options
    Konsa has definitely bulked up and got much stronger in the last 6 months. The negative passing thing was more when he was at right-back and never in a million years did he look like he was going to develop into a midfielder. If Bees play him consistently at centre-back, he should develop into a player they can comfortably take with them into the Premier League or sell for a fair profit (which is what they tend to do).
  • Options
    se9addick said:

He’s played the full 90 mins in Brentford’s last two league games, both at centre back alongside another young CB, Chris Mepham.

Bees will be doing well to hang onto Chris Mepham if they don't get promoted this season. If they are too far off the pace at Xmas, there's a fair chance he'll move to the Premier League.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Very much AFKA

Pedro45 said:

Possibly, but you could see some players make runs but he never played a 40 yard pass into space. He was a good player, but he used to frustrate me a lot of the time and he would not take responsibility and try to make something happen.
    You have to realise (and a lot of others) that players play to instructions and a lot of them instructions under Robinson was possession possesion possession regardless of the score.

He played a lot at RB for us also, never, ever a RB, CB all day long, as per Gomez.

If he goes on to be half as good as gomez he will have a good career, Gomez is one of the best CBs I've seen this country produce for years, can't wait to see him develop over this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really good article here about Brentford and makes more sense why Konsa chose to join them

https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2018/aug/08/football-league-blog-brentford-happy-own-way-promotion

Hope they do well this season, I liked Dean Smith as a Manager when he was at Walsall
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/aug/30/england-u21s-squad-netherlands-latvia-310818

Been named in the U21 squad "proper" for the first time I believe (Toulon is kind of a U20/21 hybrid). I still think him going to Brentford is going to turn out to be an excellent move for him. He's played every game for a team three points off top in the Championship. I think it's exactly his level right now, and I think he really kicked on and improved by playing regularly last year, and if he can do the same this year I see no reason why Premier League clubs wouldn't be having a look at him, or even that he could end up in the Prem with Brentford.
  • Options
    Saw him yesterday. Up against Daryl Murphy who may have bullied him in the past. He had him in his pocket all afternoon and Lewis Grabban barely got a kick when subbed on. Very impressive.
  • Options
    sm said:
    I’m sure there’s a big sell on clause somewhere.

• Options

Decent player but that Would be a crazy price for him from what I saw

He plays CB for Bees and is one of the top Championship players in that position. You probably saw him at RB alongside Rojo.
  • Options

sm said:
    I’m sure there’s a big sell on clause somewhere.

Yes. With Brentford.