Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zidane - Quits Madrid

124»

Comments

• Options

Very surprised at this to be honest

Underwhelming spell at Porto, other than that, coaching experience seems to be all at various levels of the Spanish national side.

Reckon he'll be lucky to see out the season.
  • Options

Do you think this is part of the "Spainification" of Madrid (having more players in the squad than Barca for the first time since 2016)? Or maybe it's the Madridification of Spain? It's noticeable that they're spending more money and energy on either bringing in players through their academy, or signing young Spanish talent. I guess this would make sense as a continuation of that.
  • Options
    Just hope he doesnt want Bale now...
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    JohnBoyUK said:

Poch
    Spain
  • Options
    Benitez next Spain manager?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    SDAddick said:

Do you think this is part of the "Spainification" of Madrid (having more players in the squad than Barca for the first time since 2016)? Or maybe it's the Madridification of Spain? It's noticeable that they're spending more money and energy on either bringing in players through their academy, or signing young Spanish talent. I guess this would make sense as a continuation of that.
    I think bringing together the Madrid and Barcelona camps is the biggest challenge for any Spain manager and one that the last couple of bosses have done well. He has made a good impression but I'm surprised he will not be with the national team longer, and the timing just before the World Cup is odd.

One thing that will happen with Lopetegui's appointment for sure is that it will add to Barcelona's victim complex as they will no doubt see it as the national football governing body favouring Madrid.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Honestly if he doesnt do you think you will get him over Manure
  • Options
    Rare example of a goalkeeper turned manager as well. Can't think of many who have done that successfully - Dino Zoff, Mike Walker...?
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

We’ll just wait and see. From what I’ve been told I’m hopeful.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

We’ll just wait and see. From what I’ve been told I’m hopeful.
    How exactly will Spurs afford a) his transfer fee and b) his wages.

Got to be looking at 75m+ and around 350k a week.

On another note i wonder if Lopategui will spend the next month trying to convince De Gea to move to Madrid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ronaldo won't like Lopetegui. This is apparently what he said about Messi recently.

"Messi is the best player I've ever met. It is very difficult to see another like him again. Nobody has marked the differences so continuously in such different scenarios. It's a pleasure to see him play. For me, the best in history."
  • Options

Come out of nowhere(was his name even in the frame)

What frame? Bookies, that's all. I mean as if, really as if Wenger was in any frame apart from a zimmer one!
  • Options

Rare example of a goalkeeper turned manager as well. Can't think of many who have done that successfully - Dino Zoff, Mike Walker...?

Tim Flowers was briefly a manager/caretaker a couple times (don't ask me how I know that, I genuinely have no idea). Dino Zoff was the only other one I could think of.
  • Options
    Ray Clemence managed Spurs for a bit with Doug Livermore. Not successfully though.

Remember him having a punch up with Paul Walsh!

• Options
    Peter Shilton had a pretty awful time at Plymouth but Chris Turner has had a decent managerial career.
  • Options
    Nigel Adkins is the only other keeper turned manager I can think of.
  • Options
    Albert London

Peter Taylor
  • Options
    Bryan Gunn. Norwich 1-7 Colchester.
  • Options
    Nuno Espiritu Santo, the Wolves manager, is another one. Sorry for derailing the Zidane quits Madrid thread, although it's turned into a good trivia one!
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Nigel Adkins is the only other keeper turned manager I can think of.

Wasn't he a physio?

EDIT - just Googled, never realised he was a keeper too!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    De Gea will go I reckon
  • Options

Peter Shilton had a pretty awful time at Plymouth but Chris Turner has had a decent managerial career.

Kevin Blackwell was a keeper / manager as well.
  • Options

Raymond Goethals
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

De Gea will go I reckon

Bit early for him to go into management.
  • Options
    Spain sack their manager a day before the world cup starts after he agrees to join Real Madrid. Incredible!
  • Options
    A lot of people here very angry at Real Madrid now
  • Options
    Was really hoping to see Wenger rock up there and win the treble just to see the Arsenal Fams go into melt down.