Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jlloyd Samuel, Former Academy Player, Dies in Car Crash

Comments

• Options
    Very sad news. Thoughts and prayers with his family and friends

RIP
  • Options
    Desperate news. Don't know what to say. :frowning:

RIP
  • Options
    Tragic news,RIP J,thoughts go out to the kids, family & friends...
  • Options
    RIP
    Shocking news and thoughts with his family and children
  • Options
    RIP JLloyd.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Jay, my condolences to family and friends
  • Options
    RIP such very sad news.
  • Options
    R.I.P.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Teeth confirmed it was him, so surprising his family still dont believe it
  • Options
    Teeth confirmed it was him, so surprising his family still dont believe it
    So is she accusing him of running off and deserting his kids?  Of maybe murdering or hiring somebody to die in his place?  All a bit odd.
  • Options
    I wonder if he had debts or mixed up with the wrong crowd & wanted to fake his own death. If he had life insurance then that would have paid out &  his wife would be ok.....not his sister though & perhaps she knows something  
  • Options
    If he has kids/relatives it's pretty easy to confirm it - no?
  • Options
    I wonder if he had debts or mixed up with the wrong crowd & wanted to fake his own death. If he had life insurance then that would have paid out &  his wife would be ok.....not his sister though & perhaps she knows something  
    Oh, get real!!!
  • Options
    Oh, get real!!!
    He was identified by his teeth and his dental records - having had some involvemnet in DVI, I don;t know how that could be faked
  • Options

Tonight [3/11/22] on ITVBe -9.00pm - 10.30pm

The Footballer, His Wife & the Crash

This brand new documentary for ITVBe tells how the death of former premier league star Jlloyd Samuel left his wife questioning whether she knew her husband as shocking revelations of a double life emerged after he was killed in a horror crash. 

With exclusive access to Jlloyd’s wife, Emma, and the people who had first-hand experience of the heady early Premier League era, this documentary reveals the truth behind the shocking story which has emerged since the player’s tragic death in 2018 when his Range Rover collided with a van and burst into flames, killing him instantly.

Jlloyd’s footballing dream that started on the streets of Bow in East London, became a nightmare, as gambling debts, injury and family tensions came to the fore – a cautionary tale of the reality of so many players, their wives and girlfriends and families in the newly glamorous first years of the premier league with the onset of big money deals and a culture of excess.

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/epweek44/footballer-his-wife-crash#
  • Options
    clive said:

Tonight [3/11/22] on ITVBe -9.00pm - 10.30pm

The Footballer, His Wife & the Crash

This brand new documentary for ITVBe tells how the death of former premier league star Jlloyd Samuel left his wife questioning whether she knew her husband as shocking revelations of a double life emerged after he was killed in a horror crash. 

With exclusive access to Jlloyd’s wife, Emma, and the people who had first-hand experience of the heady early Premier League era, this documentary reveals the truth behind the shocking story which has emerged since the player’s tragic death in 2018 when his Range Rover collided with a van and burst into flames, killing him instantly.

Jlloyd’s footballing dream that started on the streets of Bow in East London, became a nightmare, as gambling debts, injury and family tensions came to the fore – a cautionary tale of the reality of so many players, their wives and girlfriends and families in the newly glamorous first years of the premier league with the onset of big money deals and a culture of excess.

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/epweek44/footballer-his-wife-crash#
    Thanks for this Clive - have just searched for it on Sky and downloaded straight to the Planner so no need to wait 'til it's on tonight
  • Options
    I just watched this. I had no idea of all the controversy that had emerged since JLoyd's death or the suggestion by some of those closest to him that he may even still be alive. 

A unique and sad story. One that left me feeling most sorrow for his children.

Thanks for posting @clive
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An absolutely unbelievable story. Not going to give anything away but I really had no idea about his life leading up to his death. Worth a watch even if it does rather taint his memory and raise certain other questions specifically in relation to the circumstances surrounding his death.
  • Options
    Just watching this - bloody hell, you couldn't make it up.
  • Options
    I didn’t know he went from Senrab to Villa. I must have dreamt the bit about him being poached from our academy and the rows after.
  • Options
    I didn’t know he went from Senrab to Villa. I must have dreamt the bit about him being poached from our academy and the rows after.
    Was at West Ham before us too 
  • Options
    So sad. Rest in peace
  • Options
    Madness 
  • Options
    What a mad life...
  • Options
    R.I.P.
  • Options
    watchable, but I suspect the first wife engendered interest in the case in order to raise some cash .. what WAS of interest though was the diesel Range Rover bursting into flames, why ? .. perhaps there was some kind of device planted in the vehicle as it was mentioned, Samuel had dealings with some nasty people with regard to dodgy diamond deals (said the first wife) .. also, his sister's insistence on obtaining a DNA sample and then doing nothing with it
  • Options
    watchable, but I suspect the first wife engendered interest in the case in order to raise some cash .. what WAS of interest though was the diesel Range Rover bursting into flames, why ? .. perhaps there was some kind of device planted in the vehicle as it was mentioned, Samuel had dealings with some nasty people with regard to dodgy diamond deals (said the first wife) .. also, his sister's insistence on obtaining a DNA sample and then doing nothing with it
    Yeah... fascinating watch...

But a fair few unanswered questions due to various people being unwilling to take part

- How come his mum was chummy with Iranian woman, but not English wife?

- Why didn't the sister use the DNA that she had campaigned to get? 

- Heskey was in on his double life?

More...