Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Comments

• Options

There was a penalty earlier in the tournament I cant remember the game there have been so many.
    When the ball came in a defender jumped the ball went over his head, hit another player then hit the defenders arm and a penalty was given.

Frances penalty today was more of a penalty than that one as that one the defender had his back to the ball and had no idea where the ball was.

Was that the penalty Iran won against Portugal?

If so it was a definite pen as was against Portugal!!
    Wished I could remember the game, I just remember everyone saying 100% penalty because he had his arm up,

I was thinking but he had it up to get leverage in his jump, then he had his back to the ball amd it hit him, but he had no idea where the ball was
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I'm a bit annoyed with that penalty. Can't see how it was deliberate. Ref didn't give it, doesn't matter whether it was because he didn't see it or decided there was no intent, VAR should not have intervened as it was not a clear penalty. Ref under pressure once they had done that to give a penalty - if wrong decision it is VARs fault! Giving it becomes the easy option.

The problem here is in three parts. Firstly the VAR. I support technology but I think the captain of each side should have one call per game for a material decision change and if they are proven right they keep it. Also if they have three wrong calls in consecutive games, they lose it for the fourth game. That sorts out needless challenges at the end of games.

Anyway the other two- the VAR room refs should be part of the same team of officials and be under the control of the match referee. So it is somebody he knows - he could contact them and say was there hand ball or not. They could come back and say, yes but not clear whether there was intent or not - up to you whether you want to look at it again. A subtle but important difference.

And finally there needs to be more clarity in the laws of the game. All this arm in an unnatural position nonsense confuses refs, many of whom have never played the game. Just say the ref has to deem intent - don't describe to him how he does that!

Rant over, but this has potentially ruined a World Cup final!
  • Options
    Game over
    Good goal Pogba
  • Options
    match over
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Well he hit that one alright...
  • Options
    Fuck I hate France almost as much as I hate Belgium
  • Options
    That’s that then.
  • Options
    Worthy of winning any game that
  • Options
    Game over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It almost seems like Croatia just stood there on that shot.
  • Options
    Gutted for Croatia - bet the French fans can barely believe it
  • Options
    Lovely goal!
  • Options

It almost seems like Croatia just stood there on that shot.

They had no idea where the ball had gone. Fell nicely to Pogba's feet.
  • Options
    Croatia crumbling now
  • Options
    In all honesty... if England had not blown it against Croatia..... I think they would have won this thing. France looked poor all day until that last run.
  • Options
    Half hour of time wasting coming up
  • Options
    Who gets the Golden Ball for this World Cup?

Lloris?
    Mbappe?

• Options
    Croatia crumbled
  • Options
    Game over!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Guess that answers my question.
  • Options

Who gets the Golden Ball for this World Cup?

Lloris?
    Mbappe?

Mbappe
  • Options
    Mbappe just clinched it!
  • Options
    Yeah this French team are shit....
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    4 - 1 in a world cup final is fcking embarrassing.

Think our squad will be sick watching this.
  • Options
    This is ridiculous. We can certainly crown France world champions now - but this is not a 4-1 game
  • Options
    edited July 2018

In all honesty... if England had not blown it against Croatia..... I think they would have won this thing. France looked poor all day until that last run.

Would you like to edit your post? :wink:
  • Options
    Wow what a strike
  • Options
    Oh boy what a shot
  • Options
    19 what's he going to be like in 5years