Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Comments

• Options

France are nothing for us to worry about for Euro 2020 / Qatar at this rate.

They look shit

Have you got a lot of money riding on Croatia or something?

They won their group, were superb against Argentina, beat a rock solid Uruguay quite comfortably and then beat Belgium who beat us fairly easily.

How exactly are they 'nothing for us to worry about'?
    I just don’t want this World Cup being settled by two terrible decisions.

As the BBC pundits have said France have offered nothing. We can’t have the biggest game in sport being won by a team that look like they don’t belong there.

They need to turn it on to win the respect of the football world second half.

Fact is - they have looked useless in this game yet are somehow winning it.
    But to say they don't look up to much is bullshit, we played 7 games in this World Cup, 3 wins 1 draw 3 losses, France are currently 5 wins 1 draw 0 losses, having played tougher opponents, and are currently on course to lift the trophy, regardless of how they're performing.
  • Options
    Good to see Nacho's goal being one of the nominations for Goal of the Tournament seeing I was mad to even think it at the time ;)
  • Options

Nug said:

Ref wasn’t sure shouldn’t be given, he even went back for another look so obviously wasn’t 100%.

Haha think that's clutching at straws a bit. We all have no idea how sure or unsure he was.
    I’m shocked anyone thinks that’s a penalty. Not sure what Itv are saying but 4 pundits on bbc are pretty clear. There’ll be 5 penalties in every game soon.
  • Options
    Half time xG:

France 0.00 (+1 pen, +1 OG)
    Croatia 0.40
  • Options
    Think Pavard or Nacho wins it for me.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

France are nothing for us to worry about for Euro 2020 / Qatar at this rate.

They look shit

Have you got a lot of money riding on Croatia or something?

They won their group, were superb against Argentina, beat a rock solid Uruguay quite comfortably and then beat Belgium who beat us fairly easily.

How exactly are they 'nothing for us to worry about'?
    I just don’t want this World Cup being settled by two terrible decisions.

As the BBC pundits have said France have offered nothing. We can’t have the biggest game in sport being won by a team that look like they don’t belong there.

They need to turn it on to win the respect of the football world second half.

Fact is - they have looked useless in this game yet are somehow winning it.
    But to say they don't look up to much is bullshit, we played 7 games in this World Cup, 3 wins 1 draw 3 losses, France are currently 5 wins 1 draw 0 losses, having played tougher opponents, and are currently on course to lift the trophy, regardless of how they're performing.
    In this game they don’t look up to much.

Forget the previous matches - I want the best team in this World Cup Final to lift the trophy.

So far in this game - that’s been Croatia
  • Options
    Nug said:

Nug said:

Ref wasn’t sure shouldn’t be given, he even went back for another look so obviously wasn’t 100%.

Haha think that's clutching at straws a bit. We all have no idea how sure or unsure he was.
    I’m shocked anyone thinks that’s a penalty. Not sure what Itv are saying but 4 pundits on bbc are pretty clear. There’ll be 5 penalties in every game soon.
    I think it's a 50/50 call. Not enough to overturn whatever the on field ref's original decision was.
  • Options
    Literally no time to react or move his hand out of the way

• Options

Know we've done the argument to death yet had Pavard been in a different position his effort would have gone over, is what makes Nacho's better
  • Options

But why is it his arm out at a right angle like that? Should all players start jumping with their arms out and then claim it wasn't deliberate when the ball strikes their arms?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The more I look at it the more it looks a deliberate handball.
  • Options

Nug said:

Nug said:

I think it's a 50/50 call. Not enough to overturn whatever the on field ref's original decision was.
    So VAR rather than avert controversy ends up creating it.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

But why is it his arm out at a right angle like that? Should all players start jumping with their arms out and then claim it wasn't deliberate when the ball strikes their arms?
    Try jumping with your arms by your side then and realise how stupid you look. All players have their arms up when they jump
  • Options

Know we've done the argument to death yet had Pavard been in a different position his effort would have gone over, is what makes Nacho's better
    Yeah Nacho edges it for me too. Undoubtedly the 2 best goals of the world cup though
  • Options
    edited July 2018

You mean out away from the body the same as the French bloke's? Sounds like you've never jumped before.
  • Options
    Good start by Croatia
  • Options
    If the ref needs to spend that long looking at it. Maybe it's not all that clear and obvious
  • Options

Try jumping with your arms by your side then and realise how stupid you look. All players have their arms up when they jump
    His arm was by his side when the ball struck his hand. There was no reason for his forearm to be extended like that.
  • Options
    Some people are on the pitch.....
  • Options
    Ummmm, Putin is in the stands. Those people who ran on the field are in deep shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gulag...
  • Options
    Ha ha the boys brigade storm the pitch
  • Options
    There was a penalty earlier in the tournament I cant remember the game there have been so many.
    When the ball came in a defender jumped the ball went over his head, hit another player then hit the defenders arm and a penalty was given.

Frances penalty today was more of a penalty than that one as that one the defender had his back to the ball and had no idea where the ball was.
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited July 2018

Ummmm, Putin is in the stands. Those people who ran on the field are in deep shit.

Check VAR they probably say they weren’t actually on there.
  • Options

His arm was by his side when the ball struck his hand. There was no reason for his forearm to be extended like that.
    He moved his oddly lowered hand DIRECTLY into the trajectory of the ball!
  • Options
    That's a huge call taking Kante off
  • Options

There was a penalty earlier in the tournament I cant remember the game there have been so many.
    When the ball came in a defender jumped the ball went over his head, hit another player then hit the defenders arm and a penalty was given.

Frances penalty today was more of a penalty than that one as that one the defender had his back to the ball and had no idea where the ball was.

Was that the penalty Iran won against Portugal?

If so it was a definite pen as was against Portugal!!
  • Options
    Btw, on the Mbappe run, on the rebound of his shot, if Greizman had not slipped on the wet grass, he had an open goal to shoot at. That would have been 3-1 and match over.
  • Options

That first one wasn't a penalty, ridiculous decision. This was slightly less of a ridiculous decision but that doesn't make it the right decision.