Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson talks

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2019
    The man is a idiot and all ways have been. I never wanted him at Charlton from day 1 and was over the moon when he left. His football and tactics where boring to watch and he keeps taking out his back side all the time 
    Spot on.

He’s extremely lucky to still be at Oxford. If they had the money I think they would have sacked him a long time ago.
  • Options
    He seems to be wishing us well so not sure why we can't do the same. Not for today of course. He did a lot of good things whilst he was here. Yes he was too rigid in his formation when it got found out, but he put a lot of things on the right track.
    So, so wrong. He did very little that was good

Failed on the pitch.

Actively supported and backed the regime

Talked nonsense, mainly while promoting himself.

Blamed everyone but himself.

Left in a very unprofessional way.
    He bought in some decent players but was limited tactically, I would say he improved things overall but not sufficiently and Bowyer has clearly done better.

What did improve overall?

Our league position? No, he had us flirting with relegation first season and missing out on play offs in the second.

Better players?  How many in our 11 or even 18 now?

Relationship with fans?  Even Bowyer has said what a big disconnect there was when he joined that he's worked hard to repair.

Better football?  His tactic (singular) was sussed out and he couldn't/wouldn't change it. Again the inexperienced Bowyer and Jacko doing much more.

A few people were conned by his talk and fake "passion" and won't now admit he was poor in nearly every way.

It wasn't great on the pitch but that's a huge over exaggeration. What i find strange is the people who continue to dig up his interviews as Oxford manager, usually followed by saying hes a fat scouse gobshite. Move on, who cares!
  • Options
    He seems to be wishing us well so not sure why we can't do the same. Not for today of course. He did a lot of good things whilst he was here. Yes he was too rigid in his formation when it got found out, but he put a lot of things on the right track.

Failed on the pitch.

He bought in some decent players but was limited tactically, I would say he improved things overall but not sufficiently and Bowyer has clearly done better.

Our league position? No, he had us flirting with relegation first season and missing out on play offs in the second.

Relationship with fans?  Even Bowyer has said what a big disconnect there was when he joined that he's worked hard to repair.

Better football?  His tactic (singular) was sussed out and he couldn't/wouldn't change it. Again the inexperienced Bowyer and Jacko doing much more.

A few people were conned by his talk and fake "passion" and won't now admit he was poor in nearly every way.

It wasn't great on the pitch but that's a huge over exaggeration. What i find strange is the people who continue to dig up his interviews as Oxford manager, usually followed by saying hes a fat scouse gobshite. Move on, who cares!
    What part is exaggerated?

• Options

Failed on the pitch.

Relationship with the fans was the best it had been for a while particularly during the first half of the season, along with some very good football at times. I think he genuinely cared for the club and i think he genuinely wants to see us get promoted. If that means i was conned, so be it. I think he was a very average manager, but the examples you cite are a testament to how well Bowyer and JJ have done. Give me Robinson over Slade any day of the week.
  • Options

Failed on the pitch.

Relationship with the fans was the best it had been for a while particularly during the first half of the season, along with some very good football at times. I think he genuinely cared for the club and i think he genuinely wants to see us get promoted. If that means i was conned, so be it. I think he was a very average manager, but the examples you cite are a testament to how well Bowyer and JJ have done. Give me Robinson over Slade any day of the week.

Bowyer disagrees with you and has said so publicly on the relationship with fans being broken when he joined.

What else was exaggerated?

League position is fact

Better players?

You think the passion was genuine, I don't as he says the same at every club and was walking around sparrows lane slagging off the club to the players.
  • Options
    Robinson definitely improved us. The way we play under bowyer is a continuation of what Robinson installed. Players like Taylor have just given it the bite that was missing.
  • Options

Failed on the pitch.

Bowyer disagrees with you and has said so publicly on the relationship with fans being broken when he joined.

League position is fact

Better players?

You think the passion was genuine, I don't as he says the same at every club and was walking around sparrows lane slagging off the club to the players.
    Did the players tell you that then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Failed on the pitch.

League position is fact

Better players?

Did the players tell you that then?
    Yes
  • Options
    Robinson definitely improved us. The way we play under bowyer is a continuation of what Robinson installed. Players like Taylor have just given it the bite that was missing.

How is dropping down the table an improvement.

Bowyer changed formation and once he got a chance players, he didn't just carry on what KR did.
  • Options

Failed on the pitch.

Fair points but if his passion was fake why does he still want us to do well. 

He was limited, he was a failure and we are better off without him. I just don’t get why many on here continually abuse him when it seems he genuinely wants us to succeed. 

• Options

Failed on the pitch.

He was limited, he was a failure and we are better off without him. I just don’t get why many on here continually abuse him when it seems he genuinely wants us to succeed. 

"Seems to"

He's being interviewed by the SLP, what is he going to say?

"I hate them and hope they fail"?

I actually believe him that he wants LB, JJ and Charlton to do well but that doesn't mean his "passion" was genuine.
  • Options

Failed on the pitch.

Fully agree 
  • Options

Failed on the pitch.

"Seems to"

I actually believe him that he wants LB, JJ and Charlton to do well but that doesn't mean his "passion" was genuine.
    It’s not the first tine he has said it though. 

I think it was genuine, without it even complimenting him, I think that’s the way he is. 
  • Options

Failed on the pitch.

"Seems to"

I think it was genuine, without it even complimenting him, I think that’s the way he is. 
    Admittedly, I am a hateful git, but I would expect that it might, in part, be because he may wish to claim some credit (having laid the foundations, etc., wilfully ignoring the fact that Building Control required them to be dug up and replaced).
  • Options
    I think the changing of the table cloths under Slade , is not to be underestimated !
  • Options
    Time to stop criticising Karl - seems to curse us. 
  • Options

Failed on the pitch.

"Seems to"

Admittedly, I am a hateful git, but I would expect that it might, in part, be because he may wish to claim some credit (having laid the foundations, etc., wilfully ignoring the fact that Building Control required them to be dug up and replaced).
    Quite possibly and he deserves very little, if any at all for our change in fortunes since he departed. 

Personally I just feel the stick he gets is over the top. We have had many players, staff and managers who have done a bad job but that doesn’t mean they deserve personal abuse. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The man is a idiot and all ways have been. I never wanted him at Charlton from day 1 and was over the moon when he left. His football and tactics where boring to watch and he keeps taking out his back side all the time 
    Spot on.

He’s extremely lucky to still be at Oxford. If they had the money I think they would have sacked him a long time ago.
    Possibly earlier in the season they would have, but i think the way he's turned things round is a good example of why perhaps clubs should stick with managers a bit longer and give them some time. Credit to Oxford's owner for not panicking and sacking him after 3-4 defeats, as time and again in football we see managers getting sacked at the first sign of a bad run.

Robinson now has them looking good for a top half finish.
  • Options
    Whats helped Robinson is the standard of the league this year

The top five have been cut above the rest, then you've got 6th to 9th probably in a League of their own, the rest have been so close all year its allowed Robinson to pull away without much effort, cant imagine that being possible in other seasons
  • Options
    I love the irony of the way this post is written while calling him an idiot.
  • Options
    Robinson says we changed our system for the first time this season...
  • Options
    So nothing to do with the fact we didnt have Igor Vetokele available and Bowyer doesnt quite trust Josh Parker?
  • Options
    I was more getting at the fact that we’ve played 3-5-2 and occasionally one up front a few times this season. Including the first game of the season.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I was more getting at the fact that we’ve played 3-5-2 and occasionally one up front a few times this season. Including the first game of the season.
    Sorry my comment wasnt aimed at you; more in response to what Robinson says we did to stop them dominating

Plus the twat should realise we did dominate the game
  • Options
    Really ? No wonder he's getting slated on here.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Sorry my comment wasnt aimed at you; more in response to what Robinson says we did to stop them dominating

Plus the twat should realise we did dominate the game
    As I stated before I don’t quite get the abuse Robinson receives. Certainly doesn’t help himself with comments like this. Changing formation to stop Oxford dominating? Is he having a laugh.