Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Cousins To Return (One Day)

124»

Comments

• Options
    Sage said:
    He also is not a right midfielder/winger. Goodness me it’s probably the last position I would play him.

He done alright for us as a left midfielder cutting in and supporting the two central midfielders, but he is not that either.

Personally think for Cousins to be able to impact the game in midfield, he needs very good technical players next to him and players able to score goals from midfield. He can only really work with a 5 in midfield in my honest opinion. Two other decent central midfielders will benefit him Cousin’s ability to win the ball and get around the pitch, allowing the better players to go and play.

Otherwise, stick him in a back 3/5 but as the right sided centre back. Let him have two defenders next to him who are commanding and able to teach him the role of a central defender well. But you’d need a forward thinking right back/right wing back next to him otherwise you’d suffer.

He’s a limited Championship midfielder, but definitely one who could have done with the guidance of people like Bowyer, Jackson, and Pratley, and I really believe that Darren would improve and help Cousins’ career, he’d learn a lot from a player like him. Stoke right now is not the environment to be in, too many players on too much money who can’t be arsed to put a proper shift in. If Stoke were to go down this season (I don’t think they will) they’d really suffer in League One. 
    I found it strange when Creepy said that Jordan played right-wing

Nathan Jones said when he'd signed him that he'd be playing Jordan where he played for our U23s as its where Jones remembers him from - Someone might correct me but certainly dont remember him playing out there when coming through for us!!

Maybe thats Jones' problem... Need to play players in their positions, and not tinker for the sake of it
    Weirdly enough, cant remember what game it was maybe Fifa, but when ge first broke through a game had him as a RM, I remember cos it used to annoy me as he hadnt played that position and I had no idea where they got it from
  • Options
    Perhaps his injuries have had an adverse effect.

Before moving into midfield I believe he was a right back so some sort of right midfield role shouldn't prove too much of a leap for him in theory.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I think I am right in saying we voted for him as POTY twice, at Championship level.
    That is because he was good.
    His career since leaving has been a genuine shame that he has not pushed on in my view.
    Jose Semedo also won POTY!

POTY awards often seem to be won by more limited players who are very consistent, injury free and give 110%, hence Cousins beating the likes of JBG or the likes of Bulot, Watt etc who had good half seasons.