Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Cousins To Return (One Day)

Comments

• Options
    I would happily take Jordan Cousins back. He would be perfect in a midfield role for Bowyer's 442.
  • Options
    No thanks.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

No thanks.

don't be stupid, he's still a lot better than some of the players in our squad.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

No thanks.

I dont think he is better than many Championship players through.
  • Options

I would happily take Jordan Cousins back. He would be perfect in a midfield role for Bowyer's 442.

I'd take him back but ahead of JFC or Kashi?
    No thanks, he doesn't look after the ball half as well as them two do.
    Even Aribo gets through just as much running and covering as JC did, and Aribo has proven already he has goals in his game too.
  • Options
    He's definitely ahead of JFC defensively or Kashi offensively... however is he better than JFC offensively or Kashi defensively?

probably
  • Options
    Cousins and JFC are the same age, and both have a similar number of U17 caps for England. Going up to U21 level though, JFC has 14 caps while Cousins has none.

JFC may have slightly lost his way before joining us, but is probably a better midfielder than Cousins, as the youth caps rather suggest - I'm pretty sure Cousins won all his when he was regularly playing in defence, usually at RB, and has won none since switching to midfield
  • Options
    Howells said:

Even Aribo gets through just as much running and covering as JC did, and Aribo has proven already he has goals in his game too.
    I wouldn’t say Aribo’s game is about energy/running/pressing in the way that Cousins was.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Howells said:

I wouldn’t say Aribo’s game is about energy/running/pressing in the way that Cousins was.
    I'd agree that perhaps his stance may seem a bit more 'relaxed' than Cousins but i'd be surprised if Aribo wasn't up there with Kashi for most ground covered this season.
  • Options
    Joe Aribo is twice the player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Think people are forgetting just how much Cousins offered.

Absolutely not.
    I even said I'd take him back.

But as a matter of personal opinion I prefer Aribo over Cousins.
    Aribo has scored 6 goals this season, JC took 125 games to score 7.
    Both have a great engine with a knack of sniffing out danger but overall a player who provides that as well as goals from midfield is important to any side.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

No thanks.

All right I will stop being stupid. It is just my opinion. I think Forster- Caskey and Aribo are better than Cousins. I have watched him from the age of Sixteen and I thought he was a better right back than a midfielder.

• Options
    Greenie said:

dickplumb said:

No thanks.

I tend to agree, the last year at Cafc and his time at QPR his career has stalled. For a player who played for England at every level from 15 to 21 he needs to kick on. I wonder if he shouldn't revert back to being a CB as he is good in the air and has pace. His control will let him down at championship midfield level. Not sure at 24 how much he can improve, but seems a good pro who needs to find his mojo again.
  • Options
    Pearce is getting on. Just saying.
  • Options
    Konsa likely to be going. Just saying.
  • Options
    Seems to me, with concerns about Solly, and both the others that have played there, "stop gaps", him returning to the position I first saw make his own in the youth teams, (right back) makes perfect sense...

Strong, decent in the air, and can run all day. What's not to like? He moved from centre back when he stopped growing. Only didn't "push on" as a right back because he couldn't displace a player who was considered one of the best in that position in the league. Now would seem ideal...
  • Options
    Cousins would not get in our current team IMO.
  • Options
    Have said before. Cousins started as a player with real potential, looked like a future star player - never really progressed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

SDAddick said:

Davo55 said:

“It’s my local club. It’s five minutes from the house where I was brought up in. In the latter years of my career, when I get a bit older, and I’ve achieved what I’ve wanted to achieve, I’d love to come back."

Fook off Jordan. Come back earlier and achieve what you want to achieve with Charlton.

As others have mentioned, it may not be the best choice of words, but also remember:
    1) this was almost certainly part of a larger conversation that was cut into quotes by the writer
    2) the context around it in the article indicates very clearly that he means accomplished all he wants to accomplish in a playing sense as what he's talking is a move into coaching. Basically, he means when he's ready to retire. Maybe the choice of wording isn't great, but even then I think it's clear what he meant in context and wasn't intended as a slight at us.
    Yeah tbh that's how the 'end of my career' bit reads. He wants to coach after being a player, and would like to do it at Charlton.

Seems fair enough to me and comes across as a good guy.
    And, the "when I've achieved what I want to achieve" could just as easily be coaching qualifications, in the context of the end of his playing career.
  • Options
    Let's not get too sucked in to nitpicking at JC's choice of words.

Next season there's a chance we might not have Kashi, Konsa and Solly (if forced into retirement) which means there'd certainly be a place for JC in the squad though ideally I think right back would be his best position for us.

That of course if he were to leave QPR in the first place and made available, that also if we had the wedge to bring him back too.

Wasn't long ago he was back to back Player Of The Year, I'd welcome him back but not at the expense of JFC, Kashi or Aribo in CM.
  • Options
    Nah, yer alright mate. Don’t call us.........
  • Options
    Greenie said:

dickplumb said:

No thanks.

Greenie said:

dickplumb said:

No thanks.

Possibly not but we’re still a side who may not reach the league one play offs.

Think we are forgetting that Jordan Cousins often did a very good for us, more often than not stuck out wide too
  • Options
    I would love him back at Charlton. he is so down to earth and a nice person.
  • Options
    He had a nice hat collection too.
    A fact that is often under-estimated in your modern day footballer.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

No thanks.

All right I will stop being stupid. It is just my opinion. I think Forster- Caskey and Aribo are better than Cousins. I have watched him from the age of Sixteen and I thought he was a better right back than a midfielder.

sorry mate didn't mean to be rude. Of course entitled to your opinion, and I know your knowledge of academy games is far superior to mine. Of what I have seen, I too believe Cousins is a better RB than CM, and I think he would walk into our team at RB.

But even in midfield, if we were to go with Aribo, Kashi and JFC next season in the champ, I would still take Cousins personally to compete with those 3. And I think he would get in most if not all League 1 midfields.
  • Options
    I can’t believe that with Konsa probably on the move anyone would not want a player that is so committed and versatile on our books.
  • Options
    He did ok in the championship for us and looked like he could do better.

Difficult to that our league 1 players are better when the teams we are playing against and the pitches we are playing in are quite often of lower quality or play in a different way.

Cousins looked ok at championship level in midfield, agree he would be better at RB.
  • Options
    The future Ballon D'or winner Jordan Cousins says he'll come back and play for little old Charlton Athletic once he's retired from international football and won the quadruple 3 times in a row. Give me a break he can't even get into QPR's team.