Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kaikai

Comments

• Options
    Switched play brilliantly prior to the first goal. Is an outlet. I like him.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    All those slating Mavididi, please do tell me which of Kaikai and Mavididi is fresh off the treatment room table?
  • Options
    Thought he did ok. Probably just needs a run of a few games.
  • Options
    Blimey never ceases to amaze me how we watch the same game, and have such opposite views. I'm not writing him off as a valued member of our squad. BUT, he was a passenger today and every piece of play he was involved in, he cocked it up.
  • Options

Lets give him time like we do with Ajose

I've seen enough of him thanks. Away at MK (where we won) he was pants & has not improved. Would much rather had stuck with KAG tbh. With Fosu going off we could have brought on Mavididi or Marshall - someone who can run with the ball & open up defences. Kaikai did nothing.
    Yet his manager described him as, "outstanding".

I would guess Bowyer meant that Kaikai's workrate, essential off the ball movement, tracking, support and contribution to the team effort was outstanding.
    Often that's the sort of thing the manager is looking for - and perhaps what some supporters rarely see?

• Options
    And I think that is what Bowyer is working on
  • Options
    This kid will come good in the next few games under Bowyer.
  • Options
    He also works hard, in 2nd half of Rotherham game after picking the ball up in midfield ran forward put a good pass out wide left we then loose the ball and they break next thing he is just outside are box tackling the Rotherham player and wining the ball. Must have run 60yards in no time at all.
  • Options

Charlton’s caretaker boss says that injury to joint top-scorer Tariqe Fosu gives Sullay Kaikai a chance to prove what he’s capable of.

Fosu limped out of Easter Monday’s 3-1 win over Rotherham United, with Crystal Palace loanee Kaikai given the chance to impress as he was introduced from the bench.

“All I know is he’s got a bad groin-come-thigh type muscle so I don’t know,” said Bowyer of Fosu’s knock.

“What I do know is that Sullay Kaikai came on and was outstanding. He did as well as Tariqe can do. Maybe this is his chance. I don’t know how serious Tariqe is – obviously he’ll be a massive miss. But this could be a chance for Sullay to come in and show what he’s all about.”

@Henry Irving Ben, as I mentioned before, please don’t copy our work onto here word for word. Link to the website.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LouisMend said:

Charlton’s caretaker boss says that injury to joint top-scorer Tariqe Fosu gives Sullay Kaikai a chance to prove what he’s capable of.

Fosu limped out of Easter Monday’s 3-1 win over Rotherham United, with Crystal Palace loanee Kaikai given the chance to impress as he was introduced from the bench.

“All I know is he’s got a bad groin-come-thigh type muscle so I don’t know,” said Bowyer of Fosu’s knock.

“What I do know is that Sullay Kaikai came on and was outstanding. He did as well as Tariqe can do. Maybe this is his chance. I don’t know how serious Tariqe is – obviously he’ll be a massive miss. But this could be a chance for Sullay to come in and show what he’s all about.”

@Henry Irving Ben, as I mentioned before, please don’t copy our work onto here word for word. Link to the website.
    Not sure why he cant.

I mean sure your paper gets paid per click, but we the people (lol) don't want to have to battle a website full of intrusive ads and crap web design...

Been a few times now your page had redirected me onto the typical 1,000,000th visitor type scams and I haven't clicked on them!
  • Options
    msomerton said:

He also works hard, in 2nd half of Rotherham game after picking the ball up in midfield ran forward put a good pass out wide left we then loose the ball and they break next thing he is just outside are box tackling the Rotherham player and wining the ball. Must have run 60yards in no time at all.

One CL member called him a donkey ?
    The fastest donkey I've ever seen !
    If Fosu's out for season then Kaikai has vital role.
    Let's forget about his parent club and support him as he is very raw and has played a handful of matches so far.
    If he can emulate the goals he scored when on loan at Shrewsbury or play the role that Lord Bowyer requires, he will be fine.
  • Options

Blimey never ceases to amaze me how we watch the same game, and have such opposite views. I'm not writing him off as a valued member of our squad. BUT, he was a passenger today and every piece of play he was involved in, he cocked it up.

You must have been in the toilet a lot then. Did you miss him cut in along the goal line 1st half? Some good defending, some excellent passing? In fact you must have missed most if not all what I, others, and Bowyer saw yesterday.

It is a game of opinions, but forgive me if I add a little more weight to those of Bowyers. After all, it is he who sees him training every day, selected him for the bench, and then decided he was the best replacement for Fosu.

I thought he was good today and is growing in confidence. It would be nice if fans could get a bit more behind him as I think he could play an important role in our remaining games.
  • Options

msomerton said:

Let's forget about his parent club and support him as he is very raw and has played a handful of matches so far.
    If he can emulate the goals he scored when on loan at Shrewsbury or play the role that Lord Bowyer requires, he will be fine.
    If he follows the football rule that "ex players score against you" (Wood scoring yesterday being the latest example), hopefully Kaikai will get the winner at Shrewsbury!
  • Options
    edited April 2018

msomerton said:

Anyone remember the role Neal Heaney played in our late winning run into the playoffs and Wembley?

Easily overlooked by many, as he quietly got on with his game.
    Essential to the team shape, worked his nuts off, protected his fullback and made a platform for Kinsella, Robinson, Mendonca & co to do their stuff.

Nobody remembers him doing anything outstanding. Curbs picked him every game.

• Options
    LouisMend said:

Yeah the grammar is pretty ropy, that makes the scribe look sloppy.

BTW - "work"?? Copying down a quote is work, who knew?
  • Options

LouisMend said:

Bit harsh. It *is* work because someone has to disseminate that information, yeah.

Also - ropey*, if we're talking about sloppy scribes.
  • Options
    Give him a chance,a few games in the side and we will see how good how good he is,personally,I think there is a player there.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

msomerton said:

Anyone remember the role Neal Heaney played in our late winning run into the playoffs and Wembley?

Essential to the team shape, worked his nuts off, protected his fullback and made a platform for Kinsella, Robinson, Mendonca & co to do their stuff.

Beat me to it Oggy Red.

Neal Heaney came into the side when Robinson was injured and 6 to 7 out of 10 every week. (Still wasn't offered a contract !)
    Kaikai in one game will go from the sublime to the ridiculous, but with Lee and JJ's help he can improve on when to pass and when to shoot. Some raw talent is there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Lol. Another illustration of the diifference betwen Robbo and Bow:

Robinson "Tarique's got a grade 2 tear the the upper subductor protial muscle, in some ways"

Bowyer "He's hurt his leg."
    Later Robinson added, Tarique is out for the season and I expect he'll be fit for Saturday :smile:

PS Kaikai had a decent game on Saturday (first one).
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Nothing wrong with a bit of cut ‘n’ paste surely? Where do local papers get their transfer rumours from after all, and where would we be without the odd retweet?
  • Options
    He was better without being great yesterday, I just think at times he is too desperate to impress & does too much
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

msomerton said:

He nutted Taricco , was it , in the play off semi final at Ipswich
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

msomerton said:

He nutted Taricco , was it , in the play off semi final at Ipswich
    Yep and broke his nose after he was spat at.
  • Options
    Good
  • Options

Lets give him time like we do with Ajose

I've seen enough of him thanks. Away at MK (where we won) he was pants & has not improved. Would much rather had stuck with KAG tbh. With Fosu going off we could have brought on Mavididi or Marshall - someone who can run with the ball & open up defences. Kaikai did nothing.
    Don't agree about MKD, youre making that up. He did nothing wrong, he just hardly ever got the ball. That said, maybe he should have made better runs to find positions where he'd get passed to?
    He doesn't necessarily look much, but neither did Ajose last season, or Reeves early in this season. I'd be happy to see what he can do with another start or two. Confidence can make a big difference. Would have an in form and fit Mavididi over him at the moment though.
  • Options

LouisMend said:

Tool.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Just seen that James Tomkins was injured in Warm up so Martin Kelly replaces him in starting lineup meaning Kaikai has a place on PalArse bench
  • Options
    Surely they’d have been better off leaving it empty?