Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kaikai

The topic has probably been discussed before. For what its worth - from the little I've seen of him, this guy can play and he's part of our current team.
We all know he hasn't had the best start with us and where he comes from and all that, but I feel if us the supporters can give this young player more encouragement he will repay us big time.
Come on you reds, lets all grow up a little.

Comments

• Options
    Can't see him getting a game , bar injuries
  • Options
    Yeah I think he's shown flashes of real ability. I think he came into the team at a time when we were really bad, he was anonymous in games, which you expect a skillful winger will be at times, and he's Palace. I think there's a player in there, I don't know if we'll see it in this loan spell. But he can look at what Stephy did off the bench on Friday as a blueprint on how to try to force yourself into the team.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Yeah I think he's shown flashes of real ability. I think he came into the team at a time when we were really bad, he was anonymous in games, which you expect a skillful winger will be at times, and he's Palace. I think there's a player in there, I don't know if we'll see it in this loan spell. But he can look at what Stephy did off the bench on Friday as a blueprint on how to try to force yourself into the team.

All making perfect sense and yet, in line with your comment, a 'skillful winger' can do with approval from the fans to express himself the way we do to Fosu or Mav every time they've got the ball. I have a feeling that Kaikai can open up defences with his passing ability which is a rare commodity amongst our forwards at times.
  • Options
    I think he’ll have a telling contribution in the run in. Maybe a late winner in a game heading for a draw
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    He played in a 442 at Shrewsbury where he scored all of his goals....make of that what you will.....we may still see him flourish!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    He was the only player that gave a fck the little time he had against Fleetwood. 3 crunching tackles that he shouldn't be doing, 2 of them after being booked.
    If he comes into this side at any point the way we are playing I'm sure he would be a positive help.

Confidence was an issue with the whole squad, not anymore.

He'll fit right back in at some point.
  • Options
    Not been impressed. He’s lazy and there is no room for a player who doesn’t pull his weight.
  • Options
    Nothing to do with him being from Palace imho; he's just not been any good.

But other players who were doing badly have improved with 442 and without Tarbuck's heavy hand.

So still time for him to come good. I hope he does.

• Options
    He's done okish when he's played, but hardly dazzled and with Mavididi back has slightly lost the opportunity he had as he will drop down the pecking order, especially as the 442 formation means one fewer attacking midfielder
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He was the only player that gave a fck the little time he had against Fleetwood. 3 crunching tackles that he shouldn't be doing, 2 of them after being booked.
    If he comes into this side at any point the way we are playing I'm sure he would be a positive help.

Not been impressed. He’s lazy and there is no room for a player who doesn’t pull his weight.

So which is it?
  • Options

So which is it?
    It's a Internet message board with differing opinions.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I personally don't think anyone can be judged under Robinsons last 3 months in charge.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Not sure what 'fans having to grow up' has got to do with it however from what I've seen of his appearances thus far he has not impressed. Whether that is due to formations, lack of game time, I know not but he came with a lot plaudits and high expectation following decent loan spells with Shrewsbury and Brentford. It seemed like good business to eventually get him to favour us with his services.

I couldn't agree more that players and the team will respond more to encouragement than groans and moans but it's a two way street, show the fans effort, desire and a bit of quality, they will respond accordingly. I think the fans want him to do well when he gets the chance but he needs to show a bit more when it comes because he hasn't thus far by only averaging 4.6 in the statbank for 4 qualifying appearances.

The trouble is I can't see him forcing his way into the starting line up at the moment and then there is Marshall, Mavididi and Magennis currently out of the team to contend with. He's another option if injuries / fatigue / drop in form gives him the opportunity to stake a regular place but until then he needs to work as hard as he can in training and give Bowyer a nice selection headache. Every member of the squad needs to be ready to step up if called upon during the run in so I really hope he shows the promise he came with.
  • Options
    Has a good pedigree and reputation. Feel he suffered under Robinson’s faltering tenure and can’t believe he won’t have something to prove and play a part in our run in assuming we continue to have a run in.
  • Options

So which is it?
    Both of course
  • Options
    I think Brentford offered Palace £1m for him, so there is a player there.
  • Options
    Just come on for Fosu after 15mins v Rotherham, lets hope he can grab his chance.
  • Options

The topic has probably been discussed before. For what its worth - from the little I've seen of him, this guy can play and he's part of our current team.
    We all know he hasn't had the best start with us and where he comes from and all that, but I feel if us the supporters can give this young player more encouragement he will repay us big time.
    Come on you reds, lets all grow up a little.

Well, he certainly didn't help himself in that first half that's for sure!!
  • Options
    Terrible first half. Really cannot see a million pound player there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:

Can't see him getting a game , bar injuries

Well done!
  • Options
    Just had a great chance but clearly has no left foot as he tried to move it onto his right and lost it
  • Options
    Lets get another one !!!! Stttteeeeppphhhhyyyy
  • Options
    Wrong thread sorry mom
  • Options
    Kaikai inspire this team, he will come good, he's one of us now !!!!
  • Options
    Did he look more interested today? I can forgive not being able to have a major impact on a game, for whatever reason, but in his previous appearances, that I have seen, he has looked a bit uncommitted. That is what has irked me about him, if he's trying then he'll have my full support.
  • Options
    Thought he was pony again today
  • Options
    Pretty poor in the first half but stepped it up in the 2nd. Probably needs a run of 2 or 3 full games to get himself going. Maybe he will get that if Fosu is out for a while.
  • Options

Did he look more interested today? I can forgive not being able to have a major impact on a game, for whatever reason, but in his previous appearances, that I have seen, he has looked a bit uncommitted. That is what has irked me about him, if he's trying then he'll have my full support.

He's always looked committed, he has looked a little lethargic lately though.