Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pompey allocation (ed. 50 left)

Comments

• Options

After we bend over backwards even gave them 3 points, Pompey can fuck of cnuts, Charlton just let them have a party had 4000 of them telling us what a shithole Charlton was etc. Hope we do a number on them

Bit harsh. Pompey did us a favour for our first ever game back at the Valley, plus we had about 15k spare seats for the game earlier this season so no harm in giving them some extra.

Pompey have already sold out so there aren't any extra tickets to give us and to be fair, if we still had KR in charge we'd probably be struggling to sell our allocation. Did you expect Pompey to hold some tickets back on the off chance we went on a winning run?
    no but from a policing point of view also given when we met earlier they were "volatile" to say the least putting us in a shared stand will likely end in tears if we were to win, it wasn't 1 or 2 chanting either the majority of there supporters were tossers walking up Floyd road. granted we still have tickets available but i think the option should be given, we have a shit away following i know that and all the guff about boy-cotters only attending away games is a complete fabrication, what i will say is those that attend the Pompey away game should be 1st ones granted access to play off away tickets - of course wont happen as it puts nothing into the club.

also charlton have a history of making it cosy for away teams, the moving fans for the bournemouth game was a tad ridiculous, blackburn could get promoted in a few weeks will we be doing the same for them?
    Probably yes because:
    a) we have thousands of empty seats
    b) the club will want the extra ticket revenue
    c) we've done it before for other clubs so no reason why we won't for Blackburn
    d) Blackburn also have thousands of empty seats each game so would also give us extra tickets if we wanted, remember Operation Ewood?
  • Options

After we bend over backwards even gave them 3 points, Pompey can fuck of cnuts, Charlton just let them have a party had 4000 of them telling us what a shithole Charlton was etc. Hope we do a number on them

Bit harsh. Pompey did us a favour for our first ever game back at the Valley, plus we had about 15k spare seats for the game earlier this season so no harm in giving them some extra.

Pompey have already sold out so there aren't any extra tickets to give us and to be fair, if we still had KR in charge we'd probably be struggling to sell our allocation. Did you expect Pompey to hold some tickets back on the off chance we went on a winning run?
    no but from a policing point of view also given when we met earlier they were "volatile" to say the least putting us in a shared stand will likely end in tears if we were to win, it wasn't 1 or 2 chanting either the majority of there supporters were tossers walking up Floyd road. granted we still have tickets available but i think the option should be given, we have a shit away following i know that and all the guff about boy-cotters only attending away games is a complete fabrication, what i will say is those that attend the Pompey away game should be 1st ones granted access to play off away tickets - of course wont happen as it puts nothing into the club.

also charlton have a history of making it cosy for away teams, the moving fans for the bournemouth game was a tad ridiculous, blackburn could get promoted in a few weeks will we be doing the same for them?
    Probably yes because:
    d) Blackburn also have thousands of empty seats each game so would also give us extra tickets if we wanted, remember Operation Ewood?
    v good chance they could win the league that day, so will have a load of northerners bouncing all over the pitch. we must be on some sort of run for clubs being promoted at our ground?.
  • Options
    Blackburn getting out of/winning L1 is unlikely to be such a major occasion for their fans as Bournemouth celebrating promotion to the PL for the first time though
  • Options

Probably yes because:
    v good chance they could win the league that day, so will have a load of northerners bouncing all over the pitch. we must be on some sort of run for clubs being promoted at our ground?.
    I'm probably the kind of soft fan that you don't approve of, but I don't get why people take it so personally when other clubs celebrate big moments at away grounds. We don't have any rivalry with Blackburn that I'm aware of. I know their stewards were dickheads in our promotion season, but I'm not blaming a whole fanbase for that.
    If they win the league then they have deserved it and they can celebrate that. We were on the pitch at Carlisle after all.
    If they all come running down to the Covered End making wanker gestures then I retract everything I've just said, but I don't remember Burnley or Bournemouth doing that.
  • Options
    Thing is, we know what we need to do. Pompeii know what they need to do. It’s gonna be a cracking match. If you want to go, don’t leave it to chance to get a ticket. Get one now ... #COYA
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Probably yes because:
    I'm probably the kind of soft fan that you don't approve of, but I don't get why people take it so personally when other clubs celebrate big moments at away grounds. We don't have any rivalry with Blackburn that I'm aware of. I know their stewards were dickheads in our promotion season, but I'm not blaming a whole fanbase for that.
    If they win the league then they have deserved it and they can celebrate that. We were on the pitch at Carlisle after all.
    If they all come running down to the Covered End making wanker gestures then I retract everything I've just said, but I don't remember Burnley or Bournemouth doing that.
    its not them celebrating i suppose for me its a culmination of jealousy and that instead of having a full house celebrating our teams achievements its better to have an away team putting cash in the tills, start of this season i think a lot of us genuinely thought we would be going up now we look to maybe scrape into the playoffs.
  • Options
    So have we sold this out?
  • Options

Still 1400 tickets left
  • Options

Uboat said:

Probably yes because:
    its not them celebrating i suppose for me its a culmination of jealousy and that instead of having a full house celebrating our teams achievements its better to have an away team putting cash in the tills, start of this season i think a lot of us genuinely thought we would be going up now we look to maybe scrape into the playoffs.
    Yeah, but they don't get to win at Wembley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

Still 1400 tickets left
    In one of the blocks and 650 in the other ;)
  • Options
    Just got me and my other half one. CANT WAIT. Got to go shopping before tho
  • Options
    Just bought ours. Have been looking forward to this one since the fixtures came out! COYR
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Still 1400 tickets left
    How much are 3-bedroomed houses down in Southsea?
  • Options
    'Meanwhile, more than 1,500 tickets have already been (sold) for Charlton’s trip to Portsmouth later this month.' On the end of the article about tickets on the door for tomorrows game. Have we sold out and got more tickets then, or is this a mistake?
  • Options
    Can’t believe this hasn’t sold out
  • Options
    Why don't the club just say how many sold and how many left.?
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

Why don't the club just say how many sold and how many left.?

Too complicated
  • Options
    Is there no one left in the ticket office who can count?
  • Options
    Not accurately I wouldn't have thought. The whole place is a total mess.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I worked in Pompey for 7 years in the Dockyard, and for anyone planning to make a weekend of it, it has a huge treasure trove of places to visit. One of the hidden jewels is the No 6 Cinema which is actually just inside the Dockyard but has supposedly the biggest screen on the south coast. It shows generally classic cult movies and obscure foreign ones. Its a fabulous venue, and iswell worth a visit if you have the time.
    https://www.no6cinema.co.uk/venue
  • Options
    Gunwharf Quays for a bit of retail therapy on the Sunday.
  • Options
    Think we have sold out, can't buy tickets online?
  • Options

If you go to GQ, there is a Slug and Lettuce on 1st floor which has a terrace with fabulous views across the harbour to Isle of Wight.
    GQ is an Outlet location so things are a bit cheaper - including Timberland and Oakley (generally selling last years stuff at half price). From there, Portsmouth Harbour station is next door with Fratton station just 2 stops away.
    If you wanted some home made lovely food , jump on the Gosport ferry, (just 3 mins across the harbour) - 100 yards to the right is the Castle Tavern - yum,yum.
  • Options

If you go to GQ, there is a Slug and Lettuce on 1st floor which has a terrace with fabulous views across the harbour to Isle of Wight.
    GQ is an Outlet location so things are a bit cheaper - including Timberland and Oakley (generally selling last years stuff at half price). From there, Portsmouth Harbour station is next door with Fratton station just 2 stops away.
    If you wanted some home made lovely food , jump on the Gosport ferry, (just 3 mins across the harbour) - 100 yards to the right is the Castle Tavern - yum,yum.
    Was in here on Easter Friday.

This is opposite Portsmouth Harbour and they let away fans in.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Was in here on Easter Friday.

This is opposite Portsmouth Harbour and they let away fans in.
    Yes, good old Ship Anson - decent booza, but will be heaving on Match days - and food is very much generic pub food 5/10. My suggestion would be , if you are going to stay Pompey side of the harbour is to walk 5 mins into GQ , up the stairs and into the S&L. Else, if you want some real tasty home made grub (Steak and Ale pie to die for !) then just get on the Gosport ferry next to Portsmouth Harbour station across to Gosport , turn right and The Castle is the first building.

This is Tripadvisor's view of the Castle Tavern - very much an old style boozer.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/ShowUserReviews-g616264-d2262432-r412789794-The_Castle_Tavern-Gosport_Hampshire_England.html
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Don’t think Portsmouth were ever the issue here. I heard they were willing to allocate the full 2,700 from the start and the only question our end was whether we would need it, which to be fair three weeks ago you’d have doubted.
  • Options
    Trying to sort train tickets for this. My first time visiting Fratton Park. Looking at the 10.45 out of Waterloo, however, does anyone know how long it takes to get back to Fratton station after the game? Cheers in advance
  • Options

Trying to sort train tickets for this. My first time visiting Fratton Park. Looking at the 10.45 out of Waterloo, however, does anyone know how long it takes to get back to Fratton station after the game? Cheers in advance

The nearest local railway station is Fratton, which is around half a mile, or a ten minute walk away from the Fratton Park ground. It is served by trains from London Waterloo, Cardiff, Brighton and Portsmouth & Southsea. Portsmouth & Southsea which is the main train station located in Portsmouth is located just over one a half miles away or at least a 25-30 minute walk to the ground.which is a ten minute walk away. Portsmouth train station is at least a 25 minute walk away.

On arrival at Fratton by train you pass the ground on the left. Fratton station has a footbridge as the only way out. At the top of the stairs from the platform turn left onto the footbridge (from which you can see the floodlights of Fratton Park) and exit into Goldsmith Avenue. (Note that if the gate on the footbridge is closed you need to turn right on the footbridge and exit via Platform 1, turn left as you exit the station, walk 30 metres and go back over the footbridge to Goldsmith Avenue.) Turn left along Goldsmith Avenue and walk about half a mile passing straight around a small roundabout (by the Pompey Centre). Then Turn Left into Frogmore Road and the entrance to the Fratton End and South Stands is 100m ahead. For the Milton End stay on Goldsmith Avenue for another 100m and turn left into Apsley Road. The entrances to the Milton End are 100m ahead.
  • Options
    Best place to park? Came down for a friendly a few years back and can't remember where we parked!