Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pompey allocation (ed. 50 left)

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:

Doesn't like we're getting more than our original 1,500 by the look of that link. Shame as we would have easily sold more.

We should be able to take more than 1.5k down to Portsmouth.
  • Options

Perhaps Airman can bring the megaphone to counter the bell.

Keep up.
    Megaphone now manages Oxford
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Croydon said:

Doesn't like we're getting more than our original 1,500 by the look of that link. Shame as we would have easily sold more.

We should be able to take more than 1.5k down to Portsmouth.
    I think with home demand so high they take the view that if it's going to sell out there might as well be 1500 extra home fans than away fans.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    After we bend over backwards even gave them 3 points, Pompey can fuck of cnuts, Charlton just let them have a party had 4000 of them telling us what a shithole Charlton was etc. Hope we do a number on them
  • Options

After we bend over backwards even gave them 3 points, Pompey can fuck of cnuts, Charlton just let them have a party had 4000 of them telling us what a shithole Charlton was etc. Hope we do a number on them

Really? Why would they give us tickets that they can sell to their own fans?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Really? Why would they give us tickets that they can sell to their own fans?
    For the exact reason he stated, courtesy.
  • Options
    Only we are stupid enough to give visiting teams more tickets.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

tbf the Jimmy Seed holds 3200-odd & home support was less than 50% of the overall capacity, so we had plenty of tickets to give them.

However, I have no idea how much the away end hold at Pompey but I would have thought it was at least 2000, maybe even 2500 so we should have the maximum it holds.
  • Options

clb74 said:

tbf the Jimmy Seed holds 3200-odd & home support was less than 50% of the overall capacity, so we had plenty of tickets to give them.

However, I have no idea how much the away end hold at Pompey but I would have thought it was at least 2000, maybe even 2500 so we should have the maximum it holds.
    Sorry golf i didnt mean about the pompey home game.
    Was thinking more Blackburn at home probably give them 6000 when it will be a game we need to win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

clb74 said:

Away fans are housed in the Milton road stand which is segregated 1400 although if a big demand then the whole of this stand can be allocated to 2800.

Roll on the moaning because we have a large following that may give pompey a bit of verbal back.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Sorry golf i didnt mean about the pompey home game.
    Was thinking more Blackburn at home probably give them 6000 when it will be a game we need to win.
    Too nice all round. The story never changes.
  • Options
    Always thought it was the lower of 10% or 3k, which means we should get 2k at least, as I’m sure it holds 20k.
  • Options
    How about we sell the allocation we've been given first.
    Still tickets available
  • Options

Always thought it was the lower of 10% or 3k, which means we should get 2k at least, as I’m sure it holds 20k.

The % only applies in cup games. For league games the home club can give as little as they like. I am open to being corrected on this.
  • Options
    I just keep thinking more and more that this match has got a repeat of our 3-0 cup win all over it when they packed out their ground and we spoilt the party...
  • Options
    Man Utd only give 3,000 to away fans in there 70,000 stadium and West Ham give 2,500 as do Chelsea
  • Options
    edited April 2018

The % only applies in cup games. For league games the home club can give as little as they like. I am open to being corrected on this.
    I thought it’s a higher % for FA Cup.

Always thought it was the lower of 10% or 3k for the league unless the police step in of course. Hence why Man Utd and Liverpool etc always have to give a max of 3k, even though they could sell more themselves. And I’m sure we have to give at least 2,700 (was 2k when we were first in the prem with 20k ground).

Likewise, I stand to be corrected though.
  • Options
    Can you remeber the days when the only thing we had to moan about was our rubbish away support?
    Happy times.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bit harsh. Pompey did us a favour for our first ever game back at the Valley, plus we had about 15k spare seats for the game earlier this season so no harm in giving them some extra.

Pompey have already sold out so there aren't any extra tickets to give us and to be fair, if we still had KR in charge we'd probably be struggling to sell our allocation. Did you expect Pompey to hold some tickets back on the off chance we went on a winning run?
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Bit harsh. Pompey did us a favour for our first ever game back at the Valley, plus we had about 15k spare seats for the game earlier this season so no harm in giving them some extra.

Pompey have already sold out so there aren't any extra tickets to give us and to be fair, if we still had KR in charge we'd probably be struggling to sell our allocation. Did you expect Pompey to hold some tickets back on the off chance we went on a winning run?
    no but from a policing point of view also given when we met earlier they were "volatile" to say the least putting us in a shared stand will likely end in tears if we were to win, it wasn't 1 or 2 chanting either the majority of there supporters were tossers walking up Floyd road. granted we still have tickets available but i think the option should be given, we have a shit away following i know that and all the guff about boy-cotters only attending away games is a complete fabrication, what i will say is those that attend the Pompey away game should be 1st ones granted access to play off away tickets - of course wont happen as it puts nothing into the club.

also charlton have a history of making it cosy for away teams, the moving fans for the bournemouth game was a tad ridiculous, blackburn could get promoted in a few weeks will we be doing the same for them?
  • Options

no but from a policing point of view also given when we met earlier they were "volatile" to say the least putting us in a shared stand will likely end in tears if we were to win, it wasn't 1 or 2 chanting either the majority of there supporters were tossers walking up Floyd road. granted we still have tickets available but i think the option should be given, we have a shit away following i know that and all the guff about boy-cotters only attending away games is a complete fabrication, what i will say is those that attend the Pompey away game should be 1st ones granted access to play off away tickets - of course wont happen as it puts nothing into the club.

also charlton have a history of making it cosy for away teams, the moving fans for the bournemouth game was a tad ridiculous, blackburn could get promoted in a few weeks will we be doing the same for them?
    As much as that would suit me as I’ve got my ticket for this, you have to admit that would be a bit unfair on those who travelled to Blackburn and Wigan over Christmas as well as Blackpool on a Tuesday recently. We still haven’t sold our inititial allocation and with the club not releasing anything on the amount of tickets left, someone said there was 250 at the end of last week, I’d take that to mean there was still a healthy number left?
    I’m not going to begrudge Portsmouth not giving us anymore tickets when they have enough demand to sell the home ends out, something we were nowhere near doing in the home fixture. We returned a gesture of goodwill for them accepting a reduced allocation in 92. I don’t see that they owe us anything.

It’s a shame we focus on that rather than the abject performance from the team that day. I’m sure there’ll be a few Herbert’s willing to give some verbal in the 1500 we take down there too so dont worry to much about that!

My advice would be to get a ticket now rather than be disappointed nearer the time.

• Options

So just so I get this right, Pompey Fans are tossers, our away support is shit, the boy-cotters are no show guff-talkers and the club are too soft, blimey good job you are going! ;-)
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

So just so I get this right, Pompey Fans are tossers, our away support is shit, the boy-cotters are no show guff-talkers and the club are too soft, blimey good job you are going! ;-)
    not all boycotters at all but there was a LOT that claimed to just attend away games, i don't go as often as i used to but that's because of other commitments.

the Pompey fans on that game were a bit ott i thought ( can only comment on what i saw), get it was a big day out for them for example but i think it would of gone into meltdown on here had we behaved in the same manner.

our away support i will always grumble about as when its good its really good! and pompey isnt that far!.

btw thanks for sorting a freind out with the ticket the weekend, v kind of you!.
  • Options

As much as that would suit me as I’ve got my ticket for this, you have to admit that would be a bit unfair on those who travelled to Blackburn and Wigan over Christmas as well as Blackpool on a Tuesday recently. We still haven’t sold our inititial allocation and with the club not releasing anything on the amount of tickets left, someone said there was 250 at the end of last week, I’d take that to mean there was still a healthy number left?
    I’m not going to begrudge Portsmouth not giving us anymore tickets when they have enough demand to sell the home ends out, something we were nowhere near doing in the home fixture. We returned a gesture of goodwill for them accepting a reduced allocation in 92. I don’t see that they owe us anything.

It’s a shame we focus on that rather than the abject performance from the team that day. I’m sure there’ll be a few Herbert’s willing to give some verbal in the 1500 we take down there too so dont worry to much about that!

My advice would be to get a ticket now rather than be disappointed nearer the time.

apologies i wasn't clear about playoff ticks, i meant fans that have attended away games as opposed to season ticket holders and valley gold as always i do'nt begrudge those having a ticket for themselves what will anger me is if we got pompey in the playoffs we get same allocation and some season ticket holder and his/her 3 mates fancy it and i don't end up with a ticket, last few years many of us haven't had season tickets for a good reason.
  • Options
    That's all right @palarsehater I was only teasing, I happen to agree with nearly all you said anyway!
  • Options
    Pompey quickly sold out their JS allocation and asked for more. Indeed their fans had already been buying in home areas, which clearly would be a recipe for chaos during the match and potential flashpoints, it was a better solution to give them a proper section in the East Stand

The reverse doesn't really apply to the game at Fratton, where we're struggling to fill allocation and the home areas have sold out.

• Options

apologies i wasn't clear about playoff ticks, i meant fans that have attended away games as opposed to season ticket holders and valley gold as always i do'nt begrudge those having a ticket for themselves what will anger me is if we got pompey in the playoffs we get same allocation and some season ticket holder and his/her 3 mates fancy it and i don't end up with a ticket, last few years many of us haven't had season tickets for a good reason.
    I think we'd get a higher allocation if we did get them in the playoffs. I'd also imagine that tickets would be distributed in the same priority as usual, STx2, VGx2 etc. The system works as we rarely sell out anyway.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    pompey tickets only went on sale last week, so the decision to not give us any more must have already been made if they were selling tickets in all home areas?

if we had sold out in 2 hours we wouldn't have got anymore.