Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Kwell??

Comments

• Options
    his mrs aint bad either
  • Options
    Kwell now 1/10 on for the Charlton job.
  • Options

Whats the point, leave it as it is for now until the end of the season and then look at some proper managers.

Also proper annoying thread title 'Kewell', i assume people know but still annoying me a bit lol

Agreed, I've got Bowyer next manager at 16/1 & needs to last the season :smile:
  • Options
    Don't know if Kewell coming to us is a very good idea! Yes he's done ok at Crawley but we are a huge step up! Lee Bowyer should get a chance at least till the end of the season!
  • Options
    Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; the valley awaits us.
    Or close the wall up with Peeters + Lee, Riga, Luzon, Fraeye, Slade and Robinson.
    In peace there's nothing so becomes a man,
    As modest stillness and humility;
    But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
    Then imitate the action of Crocodile Dundee.
    I see you stand like Kangaroos caught on the hop. Straining upon the start.
    The game's afoot:
    Follow your spirit; and upon this charge,
    Cry 'God for Harry! Australia! and Saint Bruce.

PS. If it turns out to be bollocks, please delete.
  • Options
    As Mick McCarthy will be leaving Ipswich in the Summer,could he be on the list of Managers for next season. I believe he was in conention a few seasons ago.
  • Options
    Sorry not contention. A possible choice
  • Options
    Mick would equal promotion. He also lives in Bromley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So this is basically like the fucking Belgian takeover, but with Aussies this time? Should we expect Cahill and...and......some other fucking Aussie players?
  • Options
    braydex said:

So this is basically like the fucking Belgian takeover, but with Aussies this time? Should we expect Cahill and...and......some other fucking Aussie players?

so if it were Brits you would rule out all British managers?

• Options
    McCarthy is a pleasant enough individual but I don't think we'd relish his style of football tbh
  • Options
    Leuth said:

McCarthy is a pleasant enough individual but I don't think we'd relish his style of football tbh

I've met Mick once or twice and yes he is a nice guy. I think I read somewhere that he 'doesn't do milky' teams? Maybe he's what we need to get out of this awful league.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Leuth said:

I've met Mick once or twice and yes he is a nice guy. I think I read somewhere that he 'doesn't do milky' teams? Maybe he's what we need to get out of this awful league.
    Comes across as a knob.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Leuth said:

I would relish anything that gets us out of this division. Mick would quite likely get us up and then keep us up. A safe pairs of hands to stabilise the club in the Championship would not be the worst thing t hat could happen to us. He's a very pragmatic kind of manager though and it's true it wouldn't always be pretty. If we can find a way to consistently win beautiful, then I;d love that, but first and foremost I want to see us winning most weeks and getting back to our natural level in the championship. Once we've stabilised there we can start to think about pushing on again. I could live with 3 or 4 seasons of agricultural football though if it gets us to that point.
  • Options
    I don't think we need agricultural football to get promoted, though
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Ipswich are hardly Dave Basset’s Wimbledon though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

McCarthy is a pleasant enough individual but I don't think we'd relish his style

He used to live in chelsfield just round the corner from me.
    I've met him loads of times and even done a couple of jobs for him.

He's an ok bloke tbf.

• Options
    I’m very very nervous about the possibility of Kewell becoming our manager. His Crawley team seems to have a lot of the issues Robinson’s Charlton did and he’s a bit of a bs merchant too, although they do admittedly score more goals.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

addick05 said:

Leuth said:

Comes across as a knob.
    He came across as a top bloke at a Bromley supporters meeting, some years back.
    I'd have him as Charlton's manager without hesitation.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Ok one of you needs to own up. Who's had a few quid on Chris Powell? Into 6/4 with BetVictor, Kewell out to 4/6.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Not sure about the tractor boys, but watching Peter Garland at the 25th anniversary match at the valley was like seeing a combine harvester ploughing, threshing and reaping.
  • Options
    Kewell now 4/7, Powell 2/1and Bowyer 7/1 on Skybet as well. Big changes in the space of a day... still can't see past Bowyer TBH.
  • Options
    It's entirely possible the potential new owners have got cold feet about Kewell (if their feet were ever even warm to start with) - at the time they probably first started considering him, Crawley were on a bit of a run, but they've been on a bit of a poor one recently and in the meantime we had possibly our best performance of the season under Bowyer, all that could have made the think twice.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

addick05 said:

Leuth said:

Comes across as a knob.
    Really? I met him in Bromley Post Office years ago when he was manager of Ireland. It was a massive queue that day and he was behind me. I said hi, he responded and we talked for 10-15 minutes whilst we waited in line. I found him a really nice guy who was very approachable and seemed happy to chat about a number of different things, though mostly football related obviously.
  • Options
    If I were politically correct - and I most certainly ain't - I might conclude that the appointment of an Australian manager by the Australian owners is borderline racist. If the chairman has blue eyes and fair hair, would he insist on a manager with blue eyes and fair hair, in his own image? It's stupid.

I certainly would not welcome Kewell, whose only managerial experience is with Watford U-23s (sacked for lousy results) and a distinctly mediocre few months at a tin-pot fourth division club. Crawley recently shipped eight goals in two games, including five at home to Cheltenham. Bowyer has galvanised what had been a stale, demoralised squad, and should be rewarded with a contract at the helm.

Ironically, if Kewell were to get the job, his appointment could be every bit as unwelcome by the fans as any of Duchatelet's losers and chancers. Karel Fraeye, anyone?
  • Options