Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New manager - who would you want (hypothetically)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    My guess is that he’s already at the club, assessing the situation. Alou Diarra
  • Options

what is it with you lot........cant you read the opening post !!!!!!

EX-CAFC PLAYER AS MANAGER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don’t you shout at me.

This is Charlton life and we discuss what we want, where we want. :-)
  • Options

Neil Warnock - might not like him but excellent manager.

The same Neil Warnock who is about to get promoted to the PL with Cardiff?
    Yes - this is a hypothetical thread. It might be his dream to manage us.
  • Options

what is it with you lot........cant you read the opening post !!!!!!

EX-CAFC PLAYER AS MANAGER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Golfie, not quite following you. Can you spell it out again a bit more clearly?

Otherwise, how about Glenn Hoddle? :wink:
  • Options
    I would rather have someone that has done well in a lower league with some previous link to us (Nathan Jones) that recycle the same turgid crap managers whose names are always bandied about.
  • Options
    @itsmyball is that based on something more than the low odds on SkyBet?
  • Options
    itsmyball said:

Robison I hear is off to oxford

I'll start my car and offer him a lift !!
  • Options
    Hope Powell or Hope Powell returns.
  • Options
    For me you have to look at what has worked in the past and that is employing a pragmatic manager who understands that Charlton are not going to ever be big spenders.

That manager needs to put out an honest, hard-working side that gets the basics right - plenty of clean sheets for example - and mixes our excellent youth policy with some canny signings.

Curbishley, Parkinson and Powell all fitted this mold and succeeded.

Robinson has not done it, the defence is not good enough, just look at how many late goals we concede, and for all his talk about attacking football our goal-scoring record is poor as well.

He may be passionate and might be a nice bloke but he is failing and you can't see him really turning it around either.
  • Options
    I'll throw my hat in the ring...

(Might need to get the coaching badges but when did the FA last give a stuff?)