Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: Peterborough vs Charlton

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2018

clb74 said:

Last season we were just no good, whilst recovering from a disaster of a relegation season the year before and a badly handled summer.

This season those excuses are not there. This has been an underachievement of magnificent proportion and having been a defender of Robinson all season, I no longer feel I can continue with that defence.

Someone hacked your account AFKA only two games ago you had a pop at the flip floppers.
    Only lost 1 in 7 a last minute goal to oxford.
    Weve just lost to 2nd in the league and Peterborough away.
    2 winnable games coming up at least give robbo to Saturday night.
    17 points from the last 17 games says we are not good enough.
    Check how many goals we have scored in this games as well. Yet he still persists with one forward (who may well hard, but doesn’t do what he paid to do)
  • Options
    edited March 2018

This is every charlton fan gutted and without any expectation that we will get to the playoffs and even if we do then we wont survive the first game. This isn’t raw emotion just clinical observation that if we are relying on subs like reeves and ajose to pull us through and fail to take seriously the need for a team that is built on the defence then we need a new manager. So sad

You never know we may do a Millwall...scrape into the PO's and get to Wembley AND win....doubt it though, but stranger things have happened.
  • Options
    I can't believe people are actually condemning a tweet about a dive... Loads of clubs comment things like "he went down easy" or "not sure that was a penalty" or "clear dive how's the ref missed it?"

Our Twitterer just went with something a bit more comical FFS.

Had it been any other club I'd have laughed as I did when I saw it.

Now who are the 'baggy' snowflakes?
  • Options
    edited March 2018

http://www.skysports.com/football/peterboro-vs-charlton/375609

Not sure if this has already been posted..apologies if it has...Don't watch after we score its appalling.

Solly stepping out of tackles, KindaKonsa not bothering #academyofflops
  • Options

clb74 said:

Last season we were just no good, whilst recovering from a disaster of a relegation season the year before and a badly handled summer.

This season those excuses are not there. This has been an underachievement of magnificent proportion and having been a defender of Robinson all season, I no longer feel I can continue with that defence.

Someone hacked your account AFKA only two games ago you had a pop at the flip floppers.

Our league position says we're not good enough.
  • Options
    Awful defending and goalkeeping
  • Options
    Just watching the goals back, was that Konsa that just let the ball roll past him for their third? Absolutely shocking that.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Just watching the goals back, was that Konsa that just let the ball roll past him for their third? Absolutely shocking that.

Shocking all round. Both fullbacks caught out of position and allowing free crosses in, centre halves that can't defend lose balls. Just poor effort all round.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/peterboro-vs-charlton/375609

Not sure if this has already been posted..apologies if it has...Don't watch after we score its appalling.

Third goal the Posh player holding his hand up to acknowledge the foul, but the ref played on. Still, terrible defending and Amos let it go straight through him.
    Last goal is criminal...player could have picked the ball up signed every panel and still had time to score.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

buckshee said:

Shocking all round. Both fullbacks caught out of position and allowing free crosses in, centre halves that can't defend lose balls. Just poor effort all round.
    What upsets me the most is I get the impression a lot of our players just don't seem that bothered. Parkinson got us into the playoffs with a far weaker squad but they seemed a more cohesive unit.

We just seem a shambles.
  • Options
    Those goals reminded me of the last few seasons flirting with relegation. Shocking. And was Mag really fouled for the pen, looked pretty soft.
  • Options

clb74 said:

Check how many goals we have scored in this games as well. Yet he still persists with one forward (who may well hard, but doesn’t do what he paid to do)
    How many then?
  • Options

I think the players realise that Robinson will not be here next season and neither will half of them.
    They are just going through the motions and realise we are not good enough under Robinson to reach the playoffs.
    I'm afraid that until Roland sells and a new manager comes in there is very little to look forward to.

I could always go for a drink with you before the game.
  • Options

I think the players realise that Robinson will not be here next season and neither will half of them.
    They are just going through the motions and realise we are not good enough under Robinson to reach the playoffs.
    I'm afraid that until Roland sells and a new manager comes in there is very little to look forward to.

F@ck me its all doom and gloom on here.
    Itll get worse next season only take wigan or Blackburn not to go up sunderland Birmingham to come down and i can see us being in league 1 for a few more seasons yet.
    On the plus side we got accrington and hopefully mansfield next season
  • Options
    clb74 said:

F@ck me its all doom and gloom on here.
    Itll get worse next season only take wigan or Blackburn not to go up sunderland Birmingham to come down and i can see us being in league 1 for a few more seasons yet.
    On the plus side we got accrington and hopefully mansfield next season
    A good wum post there mate.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

clb74 said:

How many then?
    16 - alright if you win 1-0 every week.
  • Options

clb74 said:

How many then?
    Still scored more than me then.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

clb74 said:

How many then?
    We would have done that it had it been 1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

clb74 said:

How many then?
    We would have done that it had it been 1.
    Lame return Dicky.
  • Options
    Now I wasn't at the game, or watching on the stream, but people are saying that Zyro looked good, when he came on. This begs the question, why the f*ck hasn't Robinson played him more often!
  • Options

Now I wasn't at the game, or watching on the stream, but people are saying that Zyro looked good, when he came on. This begs the question, why the f*ck hasn't Robinson played him more often!

Because he doesn't work hard enough for the team, or track back.
  • Options
    Fosu was excellent again.

Marshall could do a job for us at left back. He has some quality and is tenacious.

Zyro also has quality. I would like to see him start the next game instead of Josh, who let’s face it is a goalkeeper.

I like Robinson, probably always will but without being bold in his decision making we won’t make the play offs.
  • Options

He played less than 60 mins of football - divided up as substitute appearances over 4 games. Don’t see how his work ethic can be judged on that.
    Just what I was going to say.
  • Options
    Only positives apart from Zyro looking like a proper player are Peterborough being a decent place and the Queens Head being an absolutely cracking pub. Good day out if you ignore the football.
  • Options

He has played less than 60 mins of football - divided up as substitute appearances over 4 games. Don’t see how his work ethic can be judged on that.
    Theres our 68 goals a season striker
  • Options
    "If you play like that and you take your chances, you win"
    Can we save this quote for the rest of the season