Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: Peterborough vs Charlton

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:

Looks like a cross between Robinson and the fat Bird from the chaser
    Very harsh on my daughter mate :wink:
    Genuinely laughed out loud
  • Options
    Tweeted by the Peterborough chairman

• Options
    Evans above, dismal last half hour or so.
  • Options

Oakster said:

When will this never ending nightmare be over - mediocrity has engulfed us since the day the Belgians took over. Robinson is not fit to lace Powell’s boots - what an absolute shambles.

He reminds me of Mike Bassett - just not as tactically astute.
    Bassett probably tried more formations in one film than Robinson has this season.
  • Options
    Just back in, good day out ruined by the football once again, Peterboro seemed better than I remembered, Henry Royce pre game but the excellent Queemlns Head after.

If I had to comment on the game, Zyro seemed ok, Amos had a shocker, support was very good I throughout. The game turned on the penalties but they took their chances and we didnt. Mid table at best until were sold 100% Roland Out

Maddison wound me up.
  • Options
    Let's hope he fucks off to oxford asap
  • Options

Seeing that our Twitter guy was @ London Road today, surely Darragh could have spoken to him rather than hiding behind twitter himself?
  • Options
    We were diabolical. Posh weren't even a good team. Powell's promotion team would have won comfortably.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn’t there so can’t comment on the performance, and there seems to be a lot of anger directed at KR which is probably warranted, but I think the players just aren’t that good. I don’t think KR’s rigid approach helps, but I’m not really sure we’ve got a team that is actually good enough to get higher than about 10th
  • Options

cabbles said:

Wasn’t there so can’t comment on the performance, and there seems to be a lot of anger directed at KR which is probably warranted, but I think the players just aren’t that good. I don’t think KR’s rigid approach helps, but I’m not really sure we’ve got a team that is actually good enough to get higher than about 10th

I agree but it was KR who bought the likes of Reeves and Marshall who do not have the quality to get a team promoted. That falls firmly at his door.
    Fair point

I’ve been massively disappointed with Marshall. I know he was injured at the start of the season, but really haven’t seen much from him. Think he only has one goal
  • Options

Oakster said:

When will this never ending nightmare be over - mediocrity has engulfed us since the day the Belgians took over. Robinson is not fit to lace Powell’s boots - what an absolute shambles.

He reminds me of Mike Bassett - just not as tactically astute.
    “We’re gonna play 4,2,3 fookin 1”
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    We were complete garbage and that new away stand is rubbish. Should have stayed in the boat pub.

First half our only tactic was give the ball to Fosu then second half our defenders may as well have been in the pub.
  • Options

The Irish Simon Jordan
  • Options
    So what have we learned today? Many things maybe but at least one cast iron fact. We will be playing in League One next season.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

RedChaser said:

Looks like a cross between Robinson and the fat Bird from the chaser
    Very harsh on my daughter mate :wink:
    Genuinely laughed out loud
    Glad it put a smile on your face and lifted the gloom momentarily. I was out this afternoon so never knew how we were doing until I got in and saw the final score and was gutted especially for the fans who done their hard earned. Not surprised though given the injury situation and manager's team selections.

The defending looked awful for the goals on SSN and we can't even score from a pen ffs, We were never going to have many for the rearranged Blackpool fixture and I reckon we'll be lucky to have 100 there on Tuesday. Fail to win that and mid table mediocrity beckons if it hasn't already for a points haul of just 21 from the last 57 available :angry:
  • Options
    Most depressing thing at the final whistle was knowing that another outpouring of rubbish from KR was ready to be unleashed. Will he blame the players again tonight?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    We just don't seem to have the belief that we're going to win these games. Whether we go 1-0 up or 0-1 down I look at the body language of our players and I just don't see a team who believes that they're going to achieve anything-if the boot was on the other foot today and Posh had pulled it back to 1-2 we would have panicked and sat deep as opposed to going up the other end and scoring two more.
    They can come out with whatever they want in interviews but I'm not falling for a word of it-they've got no bollocks and I wouldn't rely on them in any kind of situation let alone when the going gets really tough like in a Play off semi final. And that belief and instilling it into them comes from the manager-no matter what progress Robinson has made since last season (which isn't saying much!), I don't see a team performing for their boss and his constant bemoaning about what we haven't got is a pain. I haven't listened to his post match today but did he really say that we would top two if we had Jack Marriott? Sorry Karl but that is rubbish because you wouldn't play him because he is little and therefore would not suit your boring formation.

I like the guy and wish him nothing but the best but he needs to go at the end of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018

Penalty. How does a centre forward miss the target from 12 yards? </blockquote

Suprised he could hit it 12yd -

• Options
    A strange match really, in that we weren't good, but the score really flattered Posh.

A dull and even first half with them taking the lead right at the end. We then get the chance to draw level, but Josh caps a poor performance with a terrible penalty, compounded when they score from a penalty moments later

Cue unrest in the away fans and cries for subs to be brought on. Zyro really makes a difference, his ball creates a great chance that Fosu misses, then his header brings it back to 2-1.

Then we concede a pathetic 3rd, and it's all over, with the 4th giving Posh revenge for our 2 goal comeback in the autumn.

Zyro really made a difference, but I'm struggling to name anyone else who came away with credit today.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Fumbluff said:

I know hardly anyone will agree with me but the Peterborough chairman is right, I don't care how much of a cheat Marriott may or may not have been(we have certainly had our fair share of players of that type too), that unprofessional tweet from the official CAFC account demeans our club.

I know it will just be played off as banter but some of us remember fondly the days when Charlton was a club you could respect from top to bottom, a club that did things the right way, the Charlton way as I used to call it.
    I’m inclined to agree. Don’t get me wrong it’s funny but probs best left for the fans to tweet this sort of stuff rather than the official twitter
    Just to be clear, if that was a tweet by a fan instead of a club employee then it would have made me laugh.
  • Options
    How many goals has Josh Magennis scored for us with his feet ? I bet it’s not many.
  • Options

Even before the penalty miss, an eyewitness posted: "Magennis has the touch of an industrial compactor, and Kaikai is hiding again".

I wasn't at Posh for this capitulation, but haven't missed a home game for six years. We really are a pathetically weak little team.

We couldn't beat an egg.

My deceased cat was called Kai. I'm beginning to think she's been reincarnated!!

• Options

I know hardly anyone will agree with me but the Peterborough chairman is right, I don't care how much of a cheat Marriott may or may not have been(we have certainly had our fair share of players of that type too), that unprofessional tweet from the official CAFC account demeans our club.

I know it will just be played off as banter but some of us remember fondly the days when Charlton was a club you could respect from top to bottom, a club that did things the right way, the Charlton way as I used to call it.
    No doubt the probanterists will defend it but it's quite baggy.
  • Options

How many goals has Josh Magennis scored for us with his feet ? I bet it’s not many.

I believe it’s actually zero this season! All with his head so far.