Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 18/19

Comments

• Options
    johnny73 said:

No need to pretend any more Chiefs fans (“its only half time” LOL as if the win wasn’t already sewn up). You are by far the best team in the AFC this year.

No team giving up 450 yards per game on defense is going to even MAKE, much less win, The Super Bowl. I don't care if they go 16-0 in the regular season.
    As a Chiefs fan I have to agree as it is at the moment we will not get to the Superbowl. History backs that up.
    However I'll make a couple of points about the numbers against our defence. We have had big early leads in most of our games and have sat back allowing teams to attack us. This distorts our numbers.
    The defence we have now is not necessarily going to be the one we have at the end of the season. The game against the jags showed improvement. We attacked more. We have injured players in the secondary due back.
    Rule changes have benefited offense over defence. It's a new NFL and perhaps this gives us a slightly better chance than before.
    That said we went 5 and 0 last season and then lost 6 of 7. So you are probably right but you never know.
    I'll say. The current roughing the passer calls are ridiculous, but the NFL won't back down and admit they made a mistake.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

No need to pretend any more Chiefs fans (“its only half time” LOL as if the win wasn’t already sewn up). You are by far the best team in the AFC this year.

No team giving up 450 yards per game on defense is going to even MAKE, much less win, The Super Bowl. I don't care if they go 16-0 in the regular season.
    Depends if there's an offense in the AFC that can keep up with them. I'm not so sure there is. Pats v Chiefs game this week will tell us more after Bortles ruined any chance the Jags had against them. I think the Ravens D can slow Mahomes down but not so sure Flacco can keep the pace up!
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

As a Chiefs fan I have to agree as it is at the moment we will not get to the Superbowl. History backs that up.
    However I'll make a couple of points about the numbers against our defence. We have had big early leads in most of our games and have sat back allowing teams to attack us. This distorts our numbers.
    The defence we have now is not necessarily going to be the one we have at the end of the season. The game against the jags showed improvement. We attacked more. We have injured players in the secondary due back.
    Rule changes have benefited offense over defence. It's a new NFL and perhaps this gives us a slightly better chance than before.
    That said we went 5 and 0 last season and then lost 6 of 7. So you are probably right but you never know.
    Thought the Chiefs D looked better than recent weeks against the Jags.
  • Options
    Been busy on the fantasy league Paddy !!
  • Options
    Oh cock, that's $100 more than I meant to bid for Smallwood
  • Options
    Also - Ajayi, ASJ and Grant ALL on IR; Brees on bye week - had to be done!
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Ever so slight Jags bias to your team I notice!
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

Ever so slight Jags bias to your team I notice!
    No idea what you're talking about! :wink:

Honestly, though - Lambo has made 20-odd consecutive field goals and is absolute money. Kicking can be a bit of a lottery, but he's looked very very good since we signed him.

O'Shaughnessy will get targets and red zone targets, too (assuming Bortles doesn't play like shit as per last week).

And Keelan Cole - man, you guys let someone with 748 receiving yards, despite only playing half a season, fall to the 13th?! Absolute steal, and if we were in a keeper league, that's value right there.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Giants are crap. First time I’ve seen one of their games this year, and they are the worst.
  • Options
    Literally the Eagles vs Barkley right now
  • Options
    The Giants are so bad. Only the Bills are worse...maybe.

If Eli can't throw anything other than chekdowns and dump offs it's time to replace him. They weren't much better on the other side of the ball either. Far too easy for Wentz. Jefferey walked his second TD in. Embarrassing.
  • Options
    Barkley reminds me of Barry Sanders (my favourite player of all time). Physically he's completely different but there's something about the way he makes so many first tacklers miss or bounces off a big hit and carries his momentum forward that takes me back to the great man. Hopefully he stays healthy and the Giants can build a team around him because it's a shame to see such an amazing talent surrounded by such mediocrity.
  • Options
    'At the end of the first quarter, Eli had a passer rating of 7.8 while Wentz checked in with a rating at 128.8. At one point in the second quarter, Manning was 0-for-7 with an interception on any attempt deeper than two air yards...'

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24962436/end-eli-manning-new-york-giants-team-draft-new-quarterback
  • Options

If Eli can't throw anything other than chekdowns and dump offs it's time to replace him. They weren't much better on the other side of the ball either. Far too easy for Wentz. Jefferey walked his second TD in. Embarrassing.

I wouldn't shit on Eli too much because that O-line might as well not exist half the time. Even so, Giants rolled the dice on Eli having one more year of mediocrity and he does not. They'll draft a QB who comes into a great situation with a generational talent at RB and a top 3 WR.

Even then, as much as O-line is a league wide need... Wow the Giants need upgrades.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    PaddyP17 said:

I wouldn't shit on Eli too much because that O-line might as well not exist half the time. Even so, Giants rolled the dice on Eli having one more year of mediocrity and he does not. They'll draft a QB who comes into a great situation with a generational talent at RB and a top 3 WR.

Even then, as much as O-line is a league wide need... Wow the Giants need upgrades.
    Barkley seems to do OK with that O-line...and Eli had 2.5 seconds to throw the ball on average. There's no excuse for throwing checkdown after checkdown when you need 10, 20 yards. I do agree the O-line is woeful but Eli isn't blame proof.
  • Options
    The last coach lost his job for trying to ease Manning out.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

The last coach lost his job for trying to ease Manning out.

Troy Aikman had a theory last night on the commentary that there's no way someone of Eli's stature and with his history with the franchise would be benched without ownership's permission. He reckons the coach and GM were then sacked due to the backlash from the fans and media.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good news @PaddyP17

I have gone Wilson at Raiders rather than Bortles @ Dallas.
  • Options
    I’ve got 2 tickets available for the Titans Chargers game at Wembley next Sunday that I can’t use. One is for an adult one for U16. Face value £41 and £21. Message me if interested.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Looking forward to Monday's Mahomes/Brady shootout.

Quarterbacks 25 and under are 1-41 all-time in regular season games played in Gillette Stadium.

The only QB 25 or younger to win one?

Colin Kaepernick, 2012.
  • Options

Quarterbacks 25 and under are 1-41 all-time in regular season games played in Gillette Stadium.

Colin Kaepernick, 2012.

Hope he signs for the Giants
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Colin Kaepernick, 2012.

Hope he signs for the Giants
    I'd love Kaep to come back but I don't know if he'd want to tarnish his legacy by returning for a season or two of mediocre football. I think it's more likely that he ends up running for office where his name recognition and back story means he could climb all the way to the top.
  • Options
    I can't see Kaepernick playing again.

Maybe the Giants should trade for someone like Tyrod or Foles as a bridge to Lauletta or their 2019 choice. Or hold out until the offseason and trade for Flacco.
  • Options

I can't see Kaepernick playing again.

Maybe the Giants should trade for someone like Tyrod or Foles as a bridge to Lauletta or their 2019 choice. Or hold out until the offseason and trade for Flacco.

Why dump one past his prime QB for another?
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

Off to Wembley today looking forward to it

See you there