Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 18/19

Comments

• Options
    Really happy with that draft. Now only a couple of weeks til I find out I actually know fuck all and it doesn't pan out
  • Options
    Took a unique approach!
  • Options
    Thanks for organising guys.

My auto draft has not picked me a kicker.
    How do I chose a player to kick out and select a kicker?
  • Options
    @PaddyP17

Bottles is taking me to the final baby.
  • Options
    (If I ever bench Wilson)
  • Options
    Guess who forgot? Not looking awful either way to be fair.
  • Options
    Think this is mine lads I managed to get cam who's rushing earns lots of points at an position. 2 starting rbs in run heavy offences - jax and Chicago and 3 no.1 wr's I am pleased!
  • Options
    Enjoyed the draft. Looking forward to the season now.
  • Options
    Got caught out driving during the draft... let's have a look.

Ingram and Lamar Miller at RB1 and 2 - yuck!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was my first ever NFL fantasy draft, by the way, so I had comparatively little knowledge as to who's who, and indeed I have no idea how the scoring system works. Are we in a PPR league? ... What does PPR stand for?

Honestly, how have I done? My gut feeling is "not bad for a first timer, maybe even quite good", definitely lack some WR depth... I dunno. Any honest appraisals?
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

That was my first ever NFL fantasy draft, by the way, so I had comparatively little knowledge as to who's who, and indeed I have no idea how the scoring system works. Are we in a PPR league? ... What does PPR stand for?

Honestly, how have I done? My gut feeling is "not bad for a first timer, maybe even quite good", definitely lack some WR depth... I dunno. Any honest appraisals?

That was only my 2nd, 1st time last year and I finished 3rd of 12
    Beginners luck no doubt and i'll get hammered this time around.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    PaddyP17 said:

PPR = Point per reception

And this league is not. It makes receivers more valuable.

Mate honest appraisal you had a great draft. I have been doing fantasy for about 5 years. You went hard on rbs and got two monsters in Freeman and Elliot. You definitely need to keep an eye out for a WR and probably a QB as Beers is a bit old now and doesn't pass as much with his two rbs he has now.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Thanks for organising guys.

My auto draft has not picked me a kicker.
    How do I chose a player to kick out and select a kicker?

Search for a kicker on the players tab and add them and you have to release one of your players you have.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    WRs are stinky, but having a couple of every-down backs
    cs1986 said:

PaddyP17 said:

POT = Point per reception

And this league is not. It makes receivers more valuable.

Mate honest appraisal you had a great draft. I have been doing fantasy for about 5 years. You went hard on rbs and got two monsters in Freeman and Elliot. You definitely need to keep an eye out for a WR and probably a QB as Beers is a bit old now and doesn't pass as much with his two rbs he has now.
    If you can figure out the waiver wire (I didn't in my first season) and pick up WRs week-by-week with good matchups your running backs should carry you along nicely. I think Brees is still a good top 10 QB so wouldn't worry too much about him, myself. Agreed that Ingram and Kamara together should get a lot of ball though.
  • Options
    Cheers guys, appreciate the feedback.

I went with Brees because of the one-two RB punch having only one punch for four games, and I've thrown my lot in with the mainstays of the Jags receiving corps vs the Giants for Week 1 (risky, as we have an overpopulated WR committee rather than a standout WR1! but Bortles has apparently struck up a decent relationship with Austin Seferian-Jenkins, too, and nabbing all of them in the latter rounds seems like hopefully there's a steal in there). As for my top early picks, I think Elliott and Freeman rather fell into my laps, as did Ajayi somewhat.

@cs1986 Hurns for me is a question mark, if only over fitness, but you've got some real studs in there - definitely a contender!

All the best one and all.
  • Options
    Right I have now got a kicker !!!

Just got to decide between Bortles at Giants and Wilson @ Denver.....
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Assuming you're not joking, this is actually quite a tricky decision. Bortles could definitely be looked to to put up yards, as the Giants run D doesn't look too bad (according to PFF etc anyway), and they're missing Rodgers-Cromartie so is there enough depth at cornerback... yeah. I also think Bortles is going to rush a bit more this year.
  • Options
    was being serious Padster.
    I think I will be going Bortles for this one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

was being serious Padster.
    I think I will be going Bortles for this one.

Oh wow. Well, fair enough. I'm still used to the general Bortles talk all being hate and "experts" constantly panning him (looking at you in particular, ESPN).

(Don't get me wrong though, I'd probably have Russell Wilson over Bortles as a QB, but probably not for this particular matchup)
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    MrOneLung said:

Winston is suspended for the first four games.
  • Options
    Adrian Peterson to the Redskins on a one-year minimum pay deal. I reckon that's a decent move.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

But what about Wilson ?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

But what about Wilson ?
    Whoops!
  • Options
    Marqise Lee out for the season. A real shame, given his utility when running crossing routes/screens/slants. Hope his knee injury isn't career-threatening (as a couple have reported).
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Marqise Lee out for the season. A real shame, given his utility when running crossing routes/screens/slants. Hope his knee injury isn't career-threatening (as a couple have reported).

Dez?
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

Dez?
    Lol no. Reasons:

1) We're a run-first team. Dez wants the ball, even if (especially if?) he's not completely open. This will piss him off and we do not need that in our locker room, getting everyone else all riled up.

2) Bad for Dez - he wants a one-year, prove it deal this year. He's 29. So, next year he'll want a 2/3 year contract based on performance. He won't have the opportunity to shine in Jacksonville. We're not a good fit. (Though, of course, expect Dez to Jags in the rumour mill)

3) It's in our best interests to carry over as much cap as possible for next season, and a one-year Dez deal impacts on that. We're projected to be well over it next year (20-30mil, can't remember which), and thus need to cut some combination of Dareus/Malik Jackson/Parnell/Church/Gipson, with Fowler going for a likely 3rd round compensatory pick too (which helps this sort of rebuild recruitment-wise rather than cap-wise). Also, Dareus/Campbell might restructure which could help.

4) We gave Donte Moncrief $9.6m fully guaranteed this year. Dez will want that much at the very least, and I doubt that represents value etc.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

PaddyP17 said:

Dez?
    Lol no. Reasons:

1) We're a run-first team. Dez wants the ball, even if (especially if?) he's not completely open. This will piss him off and we do not need that in our locker room, getting everyone else all riled up.

2) Bad for Dez - he wants a one-year, prove it deal this year. He's 29. So, next year he'll want a 2/3 year contract based on performance. He won't have the opportunity to shine in Jacksonville. We're not a good fit. (Though, of course, expect Dez to Jags in the rumour mill)

3) It's in our best interests to carry over as much cap as possible for next season, and a one-year Dez deal impacts on that. We're projected to be well over it next year (20-30mil, can't remember which), and thus need to cut some combination of Dareus/Malik Jackson/Parnell/Church/Gipson, with Fowler going for a likely 3rd round compensatory pick too (which helps this sort of rebuild recruitment-wise rather than cap-wise). Also, Dareus/Campbell might restructure which could help.

4) We gave Donte Moncrief $9.6m fully guaranteed this year. Dez will want that much at the very least, and I doubt that represents value etc.
    Noises coming out of the Jags also suggest you don't want him. He turned a multi year deal down with the Ravens a few months back too and we signed Crabtree instead. Sod him.
  • Options
    Saw Decker retired this weekend, leaves the Pats woefully short on receivers, losing Mitchell, Amendola and Cooks, and Edelman is out of the first 4 games too.