Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match thread: MK Dons v Charlton : 17 February 2018

Comments

• Options
    Plymouth keeping their great run going.
  • Options
    Daggs said:

I've got a sneaking suspicion as to how this game will end ..........................

Think we all do.
  • Options
    Watching on stream. A few quick half time thoughts:

- They look very shit. Really worryingly so. Their defence look like strangers to each other; up front there is a lot of labouring for not much output; and there's a lot of casual misplaced passes.

- We don't exactly look hot. But we're playing some nice football. However, long stretches of the game have been pretty boring - not much incident to note.

- No-one's played particularly badly or well for us at this stage. Maybe Kaikai doesn't look match ready (not physically so much as being embedded in the side), but he's had a few good moments. Kashi and Forster-Caskey look like a good partnership today.

- ... That's about it. Been pretty bored tbh
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Plymouth keeping their great run going.

And they are doing it today with only 39% of possession.

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:

- They look very shit. Really worryingly so. Their defence look like strangers to each other; up front there is a lot of labouring for not much output; and there's a lot of casual misplaced passes.

- We don't exactly look hot. But we're playing some nice football. However, long stretches of the game have been pretty boring - not much incident to note.

- No-one's played particularly badly or well for us at this stage. Maybe Kaikai doesn't look match ready (not physically so much as being embedded in the side), but he's had a few good moments. Kashi and Forster-Caskey look like a good partnership today.

Banged on to equalise then!
  • Options
    Plymouth 1-0 up at Oxford
  • Options
    Slowish start from us but we've been well on top since. MK Dons have 8 behind the ball most of the time which is making it hard for the attacking midfield 3 to get any space, Reeves probably been the best of the three but none have really stood out so far. Kashi and JFC both playing well, as is Big Mag.

Familiar pattern building here, but they have a mistake in them for sure. Kashi's goal perfectly illustrated the need to make quick decisions in the final third, he just got the ball and hit it before defence or GK could recover from them losing the ball. Need to do more of those kinds of things.
  • Options
    Any other thoughts from those there or watching?
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

So a bit like Donny last week then??

• Options
    edited February 2018

£1 on Kashi at 8/1 to score... good start for Soapy as well. It won"t last i am sure but "whoop whoop!"

If you lived in Carlisle, you could pay the last 10 years off your mortgage with the winnings.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amazing how a team short on goals manages to score in every game. A 3-0 defeat would be bad for the team, but good for the nerves now and again.
  • Options

ross1 said:

Ahmed Kashi fires us in front at Stadium MK #cafc

Was he trying to clear it for a throw. He's looking the wrong way!
    He was giving the mk keeper the eyes....the sub mk keeper by the look of it
  • Options

Southend now beating Pompey two nil.

Chrisy really has got the magic touch!
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Bloody hell just seen where Plymouth are in the table, whose turned their season around.
  • Options
    When took a 3-2 Charlton, I thought Skybet meant if Charlton scored 3 goals by the end of the season and MK scored 2 I was a winner. :(
  • Options

ross1 said:
    Bloody hell just seen where Plymouth are in the table, whose turned their season around.
    I’m guessing they did.
  • Options
    I want Zyro given a good 30 minutes today.
  • Options
    Rotherham 1-0 up at Shrewsbury.

• Options

Can he play for 30 minutes yet?
  • Options

They'll make some change for the second half and Robinson won't react and then will do eventually, when it's too late.

No mate. That was last week. We learn from our mistakes....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Robinson is going to be desperate to win this game, so don’t be surprised if it goes all out attack - it’s what he does with the defending part of the game that will be detrimental
  • Options

Would like this too, but it ain't gonna happen.
  • Options
    Watching on a stream. All pretty pedestrian and apart from the goal and Reeves' narrow miss there's not been much incident at either end.

Both teams making errors, one Forster-Caskey pass could have had the same result as the poor MK ball that Kashi picked up before the goal, but fortunately MK Dons making more errors than us.

I'm sure Charlton would be well ahead in the possession stats but not too sure about territorially, as most of the passing seems to go on in our own half.

Let's just say it wasn't a great half for the neutrals.
  • Options
    Half time reflections from the posh seats. They are horrendously shite we are doing just enough. With Fosu, Mavididi and Marshall we’d be ripping them a new one. As it is, I’m worried because of our last few games. Crank it up a bit and we’ll win this comfortably.
  • Options
    Surely this can't end up in a 1-1 draw can it?.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Robinson is going to be desperate to win this game, so don’t be surprised if it goes all out attack - it’s what he does with the defending part of the game that will be detrimental

Well in that case at least it won't be 'Custer's last stand' on our 18 yard line.

We could, of course, compensate by leaving the back door wide open when we're attacking.

• Options
    The Addicks are back out for the second half.

45 minutes to go....COYA! #cafc
  • Options

In a 442
  • Options
    46' The hosts get the action back underway... #cafc
  • Options
    46' MK Dons sub | McGrandles makes way for Upson at the break. #cafc
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!