Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League 1 scores

Comments

• Options
    Five points ahead of fourth bottom, what sad state of affairs.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    If you’d offered that at the end of October (or whenever it was that we were actually in the bottom four), we’d have all taken it.
  • Options
    :-)
  • Options
    If you’d offered that at the end of October (or whenever it was that we were actually in the bottom four), we’d have all taken it.
    What a time to be alive. 
    Done 3 new grounds this season, what's not to like?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    What a time to be alive. 
    Apart from the other 43 games - nothing. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    What a time to be alive. 
    Same here

The defeat at Lincoln, and the draws at Morecambe and Cheltenham will be treasured memories...
  • Options
    What is truly worrying is that in our next 8 games we are playing Pompey, Bolton, Wigan, Sunderland, Sheff Weds, MKDons and Oxford.  I know that in the past we have often played better against better teams but all of the above are strong for this level.  

Pompey in a rut and AFC Wimbledon bog average are two key games coming up which we need to pick up 4 points from as I fear for us if  this team of bottlers end up back in bottom 4 after this run of games.

I said a couple of days ago Bolton have had a great window, and they are now 3 wins on the bounce with Charles banging them in 
  • Options
    Best part of my day watching this Sunderland score and imagining Lee Johnson’s little face.

Maybe all his players got headbutted.
  • Options
    Bolton 5-0 Sunderland (Batth 85’ (own goal))
    Top two is almost done and dusted. Rotherham and Wigan easily best teams in the league
    Wigan have so many games in hand so should be comfortable but their next 5 is Oxford, Sheff Weds, us, Rotherham and Wycombe. 

Sunderland have Doncaster, Cheltenham and Wimbledon then MK Dons at home so could make up some points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would we?  This week is the first time I have actually become worried that it is a real possibility.

We have got most of the teams below us in March and April.  End of season six pointers against Lincoln, Morecambe and Shrewsbury.  What a time to be a live. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Would we?  This week is the first time I have actually become worried that it is a real possibility.

We have got most of the teams below us in March and April.  End of season six pointers against Lincoln, Morecambe and Shrewsbury.  What a time to be a live. 
    I think everyone’s view on here has become very skewed off the back of a bad midweek result that didn’t at all have an impact on our league positioning. It was a rubbish performance and result which can’t be totally ignored of course but we won our last league match against an apparent relegation rival. Football fans tend to focus too much on their team’s last result.

If we had been knocked out of the JPT in earlier rounds as per previous seasons, the midweek result doesn’t exist and the panic on this forum doesn’t exist (to this extent).
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:

I think everyone’s view on here has become very skewed off the back of a bad midweek result that didn’t at all have an impact on our league positioning. It was a rubbish performance and result which can’t be totally ignored of course but we won our last league match against an apparent relegation rival. Football fans tend to focus too much on their team’s last result.

If we had been knocked out of the JPT in earlier rounds as per previous seasons, the midweek result doesn’t exist and the panic on this forum doesn’t exist (to this extent).
    It's the pattern that concerns me. 

Bowyer 7 wins from the first 10
    Adkins 1 defeat in first 10
    Jackson 7 wins in the first 10

The other 43 games we have got a total of 47 points.  Thats nearly a full relegation season. 

Bowyer couldn't stop the rot, Adkins couldn't.  Massive questions now for Jackson to answer. 
  • Options
    I think 4 points from the last 5 league games and utter shit performances have got some people worried 
    before that point we were approx 8 points from play offs and maybe 10 from relegation .
    it’s a bit different now 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I think 4 points from the last 5 league games and utter shit performances have got some people worried 
    before that point we were approx 8 points from play offs and maybe 10 from relegation .
    it’s a bit different now 
    This. We've been shite for months, and with a horror run coming up. We won't go down, but people are rightly fucked off. What worries me is the prospect of being stuck in this league for years to come.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I couldn’t give a monkeys about the pizza result, however the form/ performance level since JJ became permanent has been less than impressive let’s say. The opportunity to give a little hope to the end of the season has just been thrown away. I think our transfer dealings are a result of the reality that our season has become a going through the motions exercise as long as we steer clear of any relegation trouble. All just very disappointing.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Brannagan has scored 4 penalties today against Gillingham
    Brannagan set a record on Saturday in converting those four pens. But he's lucky to be playing football at all and the irony is that the cause of his possible retirement occurred after the last time he played at Gillingham in October 2020 - when he missed a sitter from just three yards.

Brannagan started to have blurred vision a matter of days after the Gillingham game. It was diagnosed as inflammation behind his right eye partly as a result of an illness he had - it is extremely rare and he would have needed dangerous surgery were it not for the success of a course of steroids. There was a genuine fear that he would lose his eyesight but he returned following three months of treatment. 

After that, taking and scoring four penalties was probably a piece of cake!
  • Options
    Wimbledon 1-0 Cheltenham (Assal 8’)

Doncaster 0-1 Rotherham (Miller 8’)
  • Options
    Doncaster 0-2 Rotherham (Wiles 16’)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Gillingham 1-0 Crewe (Lloyd 17’ (pen))

They like a penalty at Priestfield…
  • Options
    Wigan 0-1 Oxford (Taylor 23’)
  • Options
    Wimbledon 1-1 Cheltenham (May 31’)

Wimbledon 1-2 Cheltenham (May 34’ (pen))
  • Options
    Wigan have equalised 
  • Options
    Wigan 1-1 Oxford (Lang 36’)
  • Options
    Bolton 1-0 Cambridge (Bakayoko 39’)
  • Options
    As it stands, Crewe and Gillingham are seven points adrift. Doncaster are ten points adrift. Struggling to see any of the three making it out.

One from Morecambe, Wimbledon, Fleetwood, Lincoln or Shrewsbury to take the last relegation place?
  • Options
    Wimbledon in trouble, it's crucial that we dispatch them on Saturday to maintain a healthy gap over them (and no I'm not discounting relegation yet)

Especially with 2 tough away games afterwards
  • Options
    Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Morecambe (Byers 55')
  • Options
    Doncaster 0-3 Rotherham (Ogbene 72’)