Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League 1 scores

Comments

• Imagine if Doncaster or Peterborough won the playoffs! 
  • How much difference will it make if we finish 4th instead of 5th - order of semi-final games?
    Appreciate the difference if we finish 3rd
    Much better having the second game at the Valley rather than SOL if we face Sunderland.
  • We’re gonna finish 3rd
  • Both Portsmouth and Sunderland ship goals for fun . I can’t see both winning on Saturday so 3rd or 4th is looking likely . Strangely enough I’d rather play Sunderland than Doncaster or Peterborough.
  • Would have been easy for Fleetwood to roll over. Don’t think you can doubt the integrity in English football.
  • Really starting to believe we can do this ! Come on 
  • Final day:

Charlton win.
    Pompey lose.
    Sunderland do not win
    ==== 3rd

Charlton do not win
    ==== 5th

Lots of combinations in between mean 4th or 5th.
    Charlton (D) | Sunderland (L)
    Sunderland (W) | Charlton (W) - We need to overhaul a five goal swing
    Charlton (W) | Sunderland (D)

Are what can see us finish 4th if I'm right?
  • tony1234 said:
    Really starting to believe we can do this ! Come on 
    No doubt. We are going up. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I think will get 4th now don’t what Peterborough getting 6th thay score a lot of goals lately 
  • Final day:

Charlton win.
    Pompey lose.
    Sunderland do not win
    ==== 3rd

Charlton do not win
    ==== 5th

Lots of combinations in between mean 4th or 5th.
    Charlton (D) | Sunderland (L)
    Sunderland (W) | Charlton (W) - We need to overhaul a five goal swing
    Charlton (W) | Sunderland (D)

Are what can see us finish 4th if I'm right?
    Charlton W Sunderland W Pompey L also means 4th with Pompey 5th...
  • We win by 3 goals.
    Portsmouth draw
    Sunderland lose
    That would get us third

I think 
  • se9addick said:

Imagine if Doncaster or Peterborough won the playoffs! 
    Wouldnt surprise me

Hate to say but it does feel like there is an arrogance between the top five as though the promoted teams will solely come from that group

Doncaster OR Peterborough have their own HUGE say in it themselves so shouldnt be written off from getting the job done over two games
  • Both Portsmouth and Sunderland ship goals for fun . I can’t see both winning on Saturday so 3rd or 4th is looking likely . Strangely enough I’d rather play Sunderland than Doncaster or Peterborough.
     I wouldn’t. Peterborough are really not very good and we should comfortably beat them over two games. Same for Doncaster.

Actually, same for Portsmouth and Sunderland. F*** ‘em all. Reds are going up!
  • edited April 2019
    You keep forgetting that we have to beat Rochdale first. Although they do owe us one from the final game last season. 
    Our GD is 3 worse than Pompey so if they draw we'd need a big win to overcome them.

It'll be REALLY interesting what Pompey and Sunderland do on Saturday. Play their first team to ensure 3rd place or 4th, or rest players as Sunderland in particular have had a really intense schedule. 
  • Redrobo said:
    Both Portsmouth and Sunderland ship goals for fun . I can’t see both winning on Saturday so 3rd or 4th is looking likely . Strangely enough I’d rather play Sunderland than Doncaster or Peterborough.
     I wouldn’t. Peterborough are really not very good and we should comfortably beat them over two games. Same for Doncaster.

Actually, same for Portsmouth and Sunderland. F*** ‘em all. Reds are going up!
    Yup
  • We win by 3 goals.
    Portsmouth draw
    Sunderland lose
    That would get us third

I think 
    We'd need to score four goals if Portsmouth draw as we'd both be on +32 with three goals

Unless of course Head2Head follows Goal Difference as the decider?

Then again we only need to better the Sunderland result to finish above them so doesnt matter what they do provided they dont win
  • Sponsored links:

Our GD is 3 worse than Pompey so if they draw we'd need a big win to overcome them.

It'll be REALLY interesting what Pompey and Sunderland do on Saturday. Play their first team to ensure 3rd place or 4th, or rest players as Sunderland in particular have had a really intense schedule. 
    What about our team selection for Saturday?
  • We win by 3 goals.
    Portsmouth draw
    Sunderland lose
    That would get us third

I think 
    We'd need to score four goals if Portsmouth draw as we'd both be on +32 with three goals

Then again we only need to better the Sunderland result to finish above them so doesnt matter what they do provided they dont win
    Yeah, I said three goals because thought it was head to head after goal difference. It might not be though. 
  • edited April 2019
    se9addick said:

Imagine if Doncaster or Peterborough won the playoffs! 
    Should be like golf when it comes to the "cut" after 2 rounds. Instead of the 10 shot rule it should be the 10 point rule. Any team more than 10 points adrift of another doesn't get through. 

Mini 3 team tournament. More exciting....
  • Blimey.  Hopefully knocks confidence out of both, they rest players and lose again Saturday so we can get Donny in the play off semi’s
    If Doncaster draw vs Coventry and Peterborough beat Burton, the Posh grab 6th. Nothing even close to cut and dry yet. Would love a chance to somehow get one over on Peterborough
  • Actually fancy playing Sunderland most at the moment. They’re seriously faltering and will be under huge pressure.m, esp at home.

Hope we get 3rd or (more likely) 4th to be away over the weekend. We could well sell out Sunderland that way, although Sunday lunchtime is still pretty damn shit but at least can be done without time off work.

Away to either Pompey, PBoro or Donny over the weekend would result in serious ticket issues.
  • edited April 2019
    We win by 3 goals.
    Portsmouth draw
    Sunderland lose
    That would get us third

I think 

Edit: Goals Scored follows Goal Difference as the tie breaker in the EFL; THEN its H2H

Rule 9.2: If two or more Clubs have the same number of points, goal difference and goals scored the highest placed Club shall be determined by the respective League records against each other, taking into account in order of precedence, points gained, goal difference and goals scored. If the above procedures do not separate the Clubs, then the Clubs concerned shall play off a deciding League Match or Matches under arrangements approved by the Board on a neutral ground. The net gate money after deducting the usual match expenses shall be equally divided between the two competing Clubs. Any Club staging such a play-off match shall be entitled to charge as an expense against the receipts of the match 10% of the gross gate receipts after deduction of Value Added Tax. In the event of such a match being arranged by the Board to be played on the ground of a Club which is not a member of The League, then a similar charge as an expense against the receipts of the match shall be paid by The League who shall otherwise be responsible for the financial arrangements made with the Club staging the match. These provisions shall determine the ranking of Clubs in their respective Divisions.
  • edited April 2019
    All hail
    @ForeverAddickted
     ;) 
  • FYI
    its goals scored after goal difference 
    Just a bit too late ;)